Pats sign Shaun Ellis

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Aug 7, 2011.

1. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

One of these two things is 100% true:

1) who are you?

2) why are you ?????

Pick on and STFU

2. IATA

IATA Trolls

Do you honestly think he just told them, "i'm going to give you an extension and more money, despite your less-than-acceptable play!"

3. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

nice failed retort. Icing on the cake. Dimwit.

4. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

So stop complaining about chickenshit and make a sound argument about something real. The NFL isn't about loyalty it's about winning. Football is a competition and we got two guys running the show who compete instead of laying down.

You want loyalty go see old yeller. You want a good NFL football team watch what Tanny is doing and just nod your head. The 49ers dumped Montana stop crying about Pete Kendall or Jericho Cotchery or Shuan Ellis.

5. #28Martin

Was that, that game? I was 12, really don't remember alot about the game. Remember it was freezing.

Oh tell me about it... They always made Grogan look like Montana. Joe Ferguson with Buffalo also. I never like their secondaries back then. Never could cover anyone. Even the secondary on the AFC Championship game team of 1982-1983. Liked Ray but the rest of them, especially Holmes,,, would just let the guy catch the ball and then crush the guy. Never seemed to understand the object was to stop the opponent from catching the ball. Oh and Dykes,,, man was he medicore.

6. #28Martin

Seriously, you're the exact kinda guy I can't stand.... All hostile, making some BS threat. I haven't even had any type of give and take from you and then you make some tough guy cowardly attack. Never did anything to you.

7. #28Martin

I think he told Kendall they were gonne re-do his deal, if you remember, he was a solid OL back then and then they reneged. I mean the guy went nuts afterwards, it's tough to imagine someone would make that up and then have that type of reaction.

8. It was, I believe, the flying lawnmower incident. It was going to be my first game, and, being a small kid, I caught tonsillitis a few days before the game.

Wasn't the lawnmower Snoopy's doghouse or something?

9. IATA

IATA Trolls

I'm sure it was more like "if you can play well enough, i'd be more than happy to provide a new deal"

as you should know Kendall wasn't exactly lights out that year, and was out of the NFL 2 years later.

10. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

4 million dollars?

Thats crazy.

11. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Keller > Baker

Now Kendall I'll give you, he's the best G we've had in a long time. That being said he was at the end of the line and was a loudmouth. Not sure that was all Tanny. Mangini was a quite a no nonsense type of guy so it's bullshit to continue to blame him through all of this. Considering Mangini is now working for ESPN and Tanny is still I think I know who the bad guy was.

12. MagillaGuerilla

MagillaGuerilla New Member

Did anyone else hear the guy on NFL Live?

He said he was at Jets camp Friday and he spoke to people who said that Ellis was a bad influence and that they didn't want him around the rookie lineman.

13. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

4-5m is certainly a lot more than vet minimum

Its reported he turned down multi-year offers from other teams though so I can only assume he views this as his best chance to (i) get paid and (ii) get a ring, and he is probably right.

14. emania55

emania55 Member

Ya I saw that it seemed really surprising. I wonder if it's true or just something said since he left.

15. Fatman&Robin

Fatman&Robin Member

4-5m compared to 910,000?

Yea, can't blame him.

16. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I remember last year Ellis was vocal about Rex's comments after the Miami game. Maybe there was more of that going on behind the scenes then we'll ever know. I could picture him complaining about the offense to the defense, and that would be something you'd want to keep from the rookies.

On the other hand if they didn't really want him back why make an offer at all. Unless they knew other teams were seriously outbidding them, apparently some other teams made multi year offers too.

17. AarontheJet

AarontheJet Active Member

I honestly don't give a shit about him going to the Patriots. 4 million dollars guaranteed to a guy who's 34 and not even that great of a pass rusher anymore? It's almost asinine. I would have liked to see him retire as a Jet, but not for 4 million dollars. I respect everything he did for 11 years, but I agree with the Jets that he wasn't a priority.

18. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

OK, this is shocking to me.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/08/shaun-ellis-doesnt-feel-like-rex-ryan-respects-him/

Shaun Ellis doesn’t feel like Rex Ryan respects him
    Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on August 8, 2011, 5:13 PM EDT

Jets coach Rex Ryan didn’t wish defensive end Shaun Ellis well in New England on Sunday, but he did mention that he respects Ellis. The longtime Jet isn’t buying it.

“I have a lot of respect for the guy, obviously. It seems like it’s not mutual. I respect him,” Ellis told Patriots reporters Monday.

Ellis may have a point. The Jets only offered a veteran’s minimum c0ntract, and that’s how you really show respect.

Speaking on NFL Live Monday, Ross Tucker said the Jets had concerns Ellis would be a bad influence on youngsters Kenrick Ellis and Muhammad Wilkerson. Tucker said there was a feeling that Ellis wasn’t totally with the program and didn’t practice hard. Those concerns were expressed to Tucker before Ellis jumped ship.

The lack of a decent offer to Ellis from the Jets says a lot more than this press conference back and forth.

19. Coach K

Coach K New Member

ok i heard it on the radio its 5 million 1 yr.

5 million > .91 mil

20. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

I get the money issue (though still reserve my right to call him a Judas). But this whole Jets thought he would be a bad influence on the rookies. Anyone else buying this? I'm really shocked if that is what was honestly believed.