Pats sign Shaun Ellis

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Aug 7, 2011.

1. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

No, it didn't but if you remember, all Tanny did was talk about how important TRich was and then he didn't want to guarantee him 800K. 800K for a veteran player who gave the Jets everything. Yeah, Tanny's a great guy.

2. Right, because a player and an agent would never misrepresent what a front office said.

3. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

U make urself look like a fool by repeating the same thing that doesn't make sense. Pats offered him $4mil. Its pointless what the Jets offered him.

He went to the Pats and they said $4 mil. He came back to Tanny and said "look, can you match this?" Tanny said "no, I can only offer vets minimum with what I have left in the cap space. I would love you to stay and take on a smaller role for us and if u love the Jets that much, stay. Else, good luck and Im happy for you".

Knowing Tanny, thats probably how it went down.

4. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

There are no guarantees in this business. Like I can't guarantee you won't get banned in the next few minutes.

5. #28Martin

Whatever,,, go join Tannenbaum's fan club. You can share the cd that comes with the membership, that has Tanny talking about the process 1,000 times. Collectors item.

6. The Jets will regret getting rid of studs like Chris Baker. Studs, I say!

7. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

The kendall thing was probably the only glaring mistake Tanny made and only because he didn't have a backup plan.

The rest of that is chicken shit especially when you balance it with Harris, Mangold, Revis, Cro, Holmes, Sanchez, and Brick being signed.

Not to mention the coaching staff has been improved every year under Tannenbaum.

8. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

YOU POSTED 4 MILLION YOU MORON. NOT 2. 4.

you might be more of a tool than the great phillystacks

9. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Wow, he gets 4-5 million. I guess this discussion is over.

10. #28Martin

For what, having a discussion?

11. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Warren is a 3-4 end. The Pats don't need to pick anyone else up. Maybe too steep, but they obviously had the space and feel he fits a need.

Him being ineffective is simply what you a seriously praying for rather than anything you really know.

12. #28Martin

I said he should have gotten 2.

13. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

It is being reported 4 million.

ClaytonESPN John Clayton
    It's easy to see why Shaun Ellis went to NE. Jets offered him $910,000 on a one-year. Patriots offered him $4 million and $1 M incentives.

14. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Got the Pete Kendall year mixed up. Thought that was 05.

Every time a player bitches about being lied to their front office I can't take it seriously. If a guy like Kendall was actually promised something for restructuring his contract why didn't he insist on having it written into the contract he was restructuring?

15. No chance. I remember on Hard Knocks, when the Jets cut a player, they mocked the guy verbally. In fact, I recall Tannenbaum using torture techniques from Torquemada on Kevin O'Connell when the Jets cut him.

16. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

I don't need a fanclub, look at the complete shit players he has brought to this franchise

Sanchez
    Revis
    Harris
    Mangold
    Brick
    Scott
    Cromartie
    Holmes
    Greene
    Keller

the list goes on, these clowns couldn't start on most teams. Like I said, I am with you dude.

17. #28Martin

I thought I remembered Kendall talking about Tanny..

18. PatPatriot

PatPatriot Member

Warren missed the entire season last year and showed up out of shape. The upgrade from his spot with Shaun Ellis is a big plus. They have so much depth, albeit still question marks, but this D-line could be a big strength of the team if even some of them work out. The Jets are relying on rookies and players who have next to no experience. You will see teams running the crap out of the ball against the Jets this year.

19. #28Martin

Yeah, he's done an excellent job... I said he's screwed guys,, that doesn't mean he hasn't done what you stated above.

20. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Don't get me started man....they just cut Gholston, future All-Pro, why even have a GM if he lets all the good players go?