Pats sign Shaun Ellis

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Aug 7, 2011.

1. NYJetsMan7

NYJetsMan7 Member

Why so much!?
    Pats offer definately lured Ellis away from Jets no question. If it was a similiar or slightly higher amount of money Jets might have matched or Ellis would have said F it. This way it keeps him away from us through all offseason workouts/preseason games ..he is not able to mentor the young guys...breaks the fans outlook on him, questions his loyalty. Then they cut his ass before season not paying him a dime. He comes back to Jets with tail between his legs after he shelled out our strategys/schemes for Beli.

Far fetched I know! Ha... What is the guarantee'd $$?

#481 NYJetsMan7, Aug 8, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2011
  2. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Throw in he adds a wealth of knowledge to Ryan's blitz packages. What was the old saying? If you can't beat the Jets sign their over the hill waste for 4-5 million dollars?

3. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

That sounds more like it and if he is a productive rotational player it's not a bad deal for them.

4. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

This is almost as bad as the fins fans saying JT only signed with the jets to spy on them for a year.

5. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

Shaun Ellis will earn $4 million on his one-year deal with the Patriots and can make another $1 million in incentives.
    According to ESPN's John Clayton, the Jets offered Ellis just $910,000 on a one-year deal. The contract shows that Ellis is a strong bet to win a starting job in New England despite impressive depth at defensive end. It's also yet another sign that the Patriots are going to play more of a 4-3 scheme on defense this season.

A real screw you to Tanny and the Jets sh-t offer... Good for him.

Wise asses finally got burnt.

Gonna miss this guy.

6. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Im glad the Jets pulled out of this sweepstakes...

7. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

If that's really the deal the Jets were very smart not to sign him. I'm guessing the deal is half that.

8. #28Martin

Of course. They shouldn't have paid him that. 2 million to me is all they should have thrown him at most.

9. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Seriously, whats wrong with u? The screw you came from Tanny when he said take this vet minimum of fuck off an play for $5mil while u suck ass.

10. Barry the Baptist

Wow... the stupidity just never ends with you does it? Why the fuck should the Jets pay him 5 million? Because he made the pro bowl 2 years ago? When you get a clue about how the NFL works get back to me.

You then say they should have given him 2 million, he still would have gone to the Pats because they more then doubled what that offer was. The Pats overpaid for what he brings from a playbook standpoint not his playing ability.

#490 Barry the Baptist, Aug 8, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2011
  11. #28Martin

Stupidity? Who are you calling stupid? I never said that. Read the thread,,, wouldn't have paid him a nickel more then 2 mill and even that to me would have been pushing it. But continue to make stuff up.

Based on your comprehension on what i'm saying, I would say the stupidity never ends with you, no?

12. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Hmmm. Why does it only now occur to me that you got outed as a Pats troll a long time ago?

13. #28Martin

I can't stand the Pats.

14. All Tanny has to do is offer $1MM to a dump Rex took last month, and the Pats would offer it $3.5MM.

15. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

But thats probably why you got outed.

16. Barry the Baptist

It's quite obvious that I'm not the only one who questions what is in your head. You do realize even if they offered him 2 million he's going to the Pats. Now that I understand how much the Pats paid him it makes sense why Bellichick would pay him that much. There was absolutely no way in the Hell the Jets were even coming close to that.

17. NYJetsMan7

NYJetsMan7 Member

I'm not saying he is spying or vice versa. Yea far fetched but until we know the guarantees why give the man so much on top of what we were offering for one year? Where there other teams in it as well? As someone else mentioned maybe it was to eat up cap.

18. kbgreen

kbgreen Well-Known Member

to me that looks like the pats overpaid because they have a bunch of DE on their roster already and he has only so much left. Good player but not 5 mil good at this point in his career.

19. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

I don't think you even comprehend what you are saying.

On one hand you are still attempting to demonize the FO for making a reasonable offer but then saying the contract he got is unreasonable and you wouldn't have matched it.

The jets offer him the the 910k or whatever, he comes back with a 4 mill offer from the pats and you are saying the jets should have offered him 2 mill just for shits and giggles? Do you see where the math stops adding up?

20. cmcm750203

cmcm750203 Well-Known Member

holy christ go root for another team please. you are one miserable douche