Pats sign Shaun Ellis

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Aug 7, 2011.

1. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

I appreciate ellis' time here but he is not a player that you really worry about losing at this point in his career. I wish he had stayed here to finish his career and I obviously can't wish him good luck this year but I have no problem with what he did. When it's time to move on it's time to move on and that goes for teams and the players. Everyone needs to do what is best for them. This loyalty crap on both sides of the fence is childish.

2. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

He could have went anywhere outside the division and I would have been ok and would have still respected him without a doubt.

..but

To stay in the same division after all these years and on top of it, go to the patsies of all teams.

Fuck that, you don't deserve our respect and love as fans anymore.

3. REVIS ISLAND 619

REVIS ISLAND 619 New Member

exactly. :up:

4. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

Thanks for actually looking it up and not screaming at me like the other guy. I know you've been around here for a while and you've always been a civil guy. For a Pats fan, at least:smile:.

5. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

I said it earlier, I'll say it again...Ellis did not have a pick of where he wanted to go. Can people just get that through their heads? It was either us or them, and he chose them, so fuck it. I'd rather see him walk than waste any money or years on a player who's best years are behind him. Does he have some gas left in the tank? Sure. Will he have some moments this season? Probably.
    But, he owes us, the fans nothing, so some posters have to stop with the nonsense. The only people he has to answer to are his wife and kids.

6. Altoona

Altoona Well-Known Member

Your unimpeachable and fair voice of reason is an oasis among the childish and whiny shrieks squealing forth from the mindless mob. Thanks.

For those who say Ellis is washed up, just look at his performance against the Pats last year during the regular season and, in particular, the playoffs, where he collected 5 tackles and sacked Brady twice.

Questioning Ellis' loyalty or wishing him ill is the summit of childish stupidity and immaturity. The notion that he's made enough money or should not feel the need to receive a fair return for his services (particularly after so many years of delivering first quality loyalty and service to the franchise) is pure idiocy. If anyone "deserves" to feel betrayed, it is Ellis himself: Betrayed by the organization to which he has given his heart and soul to for eleven years (although he probably has a more mature perspective than most here) and by the fair weather Jets fans who are so unforgiving and quick to cast their hate upon one of our all time best defensive linemen.

If some of you had any brains, you'd be ashamed of yourselves.

7. VegasMav

VegasMav Well-Known Member

He's just pissed the Jets want to get younger and he didn't think he fits in anymore.

I along with Rex Ryan don't wish him well at all. He pretty much did this to spite the Jets and the front office.

Fok him! He's no HoF type anyway, so we won't have to worry about what uniform he wears.

#387 VegasMav, Aug 7, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2011
  8. AarontheJet

AarontheJet Active Member

This is where you are wrong. We offered him a one year deal at the vet minimum and promised him a spot as a starter out of respect. He wanted a multiyear deal and all that jazz. He ends up signing with the New England Patriots for a 1 Year Deal, which I bet he'll barely be making more money than he would of if he had taken our deal.

I'm not angry at the guy, but it's business as usual. He's not a Jet anymore and he so happens to play for our BIGGEST RIVAL. I'm like Rex about it, I'm not gonna wish him luck. I hope he has good health, but when he plays against us, I hope he gets pancaked every snap.

LOL Betrayal, get outta here.

9. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Players do not care about "rivalries",that is for the fans. Do people think that every player that plays for the Jets was raised a Jet fan like we were? The issues that some people here have with this probably barely crossed his mind during this process.

10. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

maybe Shaun left because he found out very few fans know how to spell his name? haha

11. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

That is a great point. I as a fan get caught up in the emotion of the deal. A Jets lifer going to the pats. A Jets lifer who was loved and respected by the fan base. I am sure Ellis loved playing for the Jets but the fans are the furthest thing from his mind when it comes down to making a decision for what is best for him and his family.
    Great point of view.

12. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

Not that I really care that much about Ellis' decision, but you would imagine Ellis would develop that taste of hate and rivalry playing them twice a year for a decade.

13. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

Tom Brady has admitted he hates the Jets. That's expected, he's battled for division titles against them for a decade. Do you think if he was in Ellis' situation he would go to NY for a few K more? I'd highly doubt it.

14. fltflo

fltflo Active Member

For sure we will know in a few weeks if Big Cat has anything left in the tank. Although he has signed with the Pats, he still has to make the squad to earn that contract. I don't see that Pats keeping him around if he gets out played by some of there younger guys. BB is not the type of coach who is going to keep a player if he feels that player is being out played by others on his roster.

Fans forget that they take no prisonnes up there in NE, BB is the original cold hearted bastard and will dump a long term NE player without blinking and eye, if he feeels he can get better with another.

I trust in Rex and Tanny's judgement on these matters and if they felt that spending too much on Ellis was not worth the cap space and dollars for the return they would have gotten, it's okay by me.

These are the same two men who have gotten us to the AFC championship two years in a row,so who knows better. These two guys are about winning a SB for the Jets and that's finally just what I want, no more Herm's nice guy or signing guys who are one step from done, all in that name of loyality. Win a damn championship and all those crying about not being loyal to older vets will be singing a whole differnt tune.....

15. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

Im pissed he went to the Pats but I dont fear him, especially on a less competent defense than our own

16. JerzeJets

JerzeJets Active Member

Here's my take on it. The jets didn't owe shaun anything by needing to offer him a larger contract then what they felt he was worth to the team. He got offered a vet min contract and a starting role out of respect to what he did for our team. With that said, shaun also owed us nothing by needing tto accept a contract from us when he felt he was wortth more. This is a bottomline business and at the end of the day no player nor any team owes anyone anything.

Now wikth all of that being said... he is now a patsie, and while I wish him no harm or ill will I also do not need to wish him any sucess there especially twice next year.

17. AarontheJet

AarontheJet Active Member

All I want to know at this point is the terms of his deal. If it's a 1 year deal with 1.5 guaranteed or if it's for the vet minimum.

18. onefanjet

onefanjet Well-Known Member

kinda sums it up for me... still hard to swallow he went to the pats, kinda 'traitor/spite' like...

19. Fatman&Robin

Fatman&Robin Member

Wrong Thread, sorry.

#399 Fatman&Robin, Aug 7, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2011
  20. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Hats off to Tanny.

About time we figured out how to cut Senior Citizens with maybe a year left in the tank or cut damaged receivers with broken backs and hand the reigns over to our talented youngsters.

Trial by fire is where it's at.

Revis started his rookie year and if not for that, he wouldn't have had that AWESOME 2nd year.

Sanchez got tossed into the fire and if not for that our Jets would not have gone to 2 straight AFC Championship games in a row.

It kills me when we draft super talent only to see them on the bench for 2 years in favor of old vets who the management doesn't want to piss off.

Out with the old, in with the new.

We are so much better off, and will be much more fun to watch this season.

Trust me (and others), the first time Kerly catches a 4th and 20 pass late in a game or Wilkerson flattens Brady on the last play of the game you will not be sad.