Pats sign Shaun Ellis

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Aug 7, 2011.

1. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

We drafted 2 D lineman day one in the draft. We are younger and stronger at the point of attack.

The Pats have been stockpilling draft picks for years and at the end of the day are trying to get their mojo back with other teams spent smegma.

2. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

At the end of the day Ellis is perfectly entitled to choose a few hundred grand over his legacy as a Jet, but it does expose him in that regard.

3. Buffalo Jet

Buffalo Jet New Member

I remember him being a beast early on when I was in HS. Shame to see him go to NE. Anywhere else would have been fine.

4. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

When he actually wants to retire, I hope the Jets offer him a one day contract. Until then, I hope he doesn't do a damn thing on defense.

5. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

This. That'll definitely happen.

6. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Lets hope when he wants to retire he signs with the Dolphins. Miami is the place all NY'ers go to retire before settling in to a long dirt nap.

7. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Yeah, and you guys upgraded over faneca last year with Ducasse and Slauson, and at DB with Wilson, and at RB with McKnight.

These young guys haven't even had a real offseason under their belt. They have high ceilings and look like they're gonna be solid pro's, but to expect them to come in and be an improvement over jenks and ellis this year is setting yourself up for some disappointment.

8. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

lol, new england is probably the team to beat on the afc. all the pundants think likewise, which doesn't mean squat really, but hey, last year they had the better team, we just beat them when it counted. they did go 14-2 and are better this year with the additions thru the draft and FA.

they've owned the afc east division for almost 10 years now and until someone takes them off that perch, they deserve to be the team to beat.

anyone that doesn't think haynesworth playing along side wilfork doesn't make them better is kidding themselves along the lines of past years when they got moss and this board was all laughing and claiming he was washed up. remember how that turned out?

the pats have gotten better for sure, while the jets have a lot of question marks concerning reciever (plax is old and not played in two years), the offensive line has lost a couple key players and the defensive line is a big question mark. time will tell, but i suspect the jets may have taken a step back for this season.

9. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Anyone who thinks Haynesworth actually gives a $hit about football since signing that ludicrous contract in Washington is delusional.

Nobody gives a crap about owning the AFC East it's about SB. Been a while since the Pats were actually in the mix after the second week of the playoffs.

10. The GM

The GM New Member

Wait....Marcus Dixon, the guy I said would be a great UDFA pick up a couple years ago is a reason why we didn't bring back Shaun Ellis?

But I thought he sucked and was terrible and didn't deserve to play in the NFL or even a women's football league?

You're retarded. Example #4,000,000 of how you ignore when you are blatantly wrong. I'd say "enjoy" your pathetic life, but that's an illusion if you think its enjoyable.

11. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Dissapointment? We didn't slip last year the Pats didn't make up ground. We knocked you out on your turf. If it's about the Pats and the Jets it worked out great last year. It ain't about the Pats it's about the Jets taking another step.

12. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

How some of you can wish death on the guy when all he did was turn down an offer that he didnt think was enough for him is beyond me. hes moved so have i. when he signs that one day contract to retire dont forget all the good things he did here.

13. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Do you mean to be an improvement over what they were at their peaks or what they gave the Jets? If it's the former then yes, it's going to be a while before/if they ever get to that point. However,
    if they are only trying to achieve the latter then it's not as difficult as you are making it sound.

Kenrick Ellis is never going to be the pass rushing threat up the middle that Jenkins could have been so I doubt anyone is expecting that, although he should be able to collapse the pocket better than Pouha. If he manages to play the full season without any major or lingering injuries that would noticeably affect his play and spell Pouha out then he's already on pace to equal Jenkins' value as a Jet.

Ellis at his prime as a 3-4 DE was pretty damn good but he was well past that stage by the time Rex got here. Wilkerson can be his replacement if he can be a constant contributor to the defense rather showing up every other couple of games. Don't get me wrong, Ellis was/still is one of my favorite Jets(just not for this season) and Jenkins was a force to be reckoned with when healthy but neither were consistent contributors under Rex's defense. At the stage in their careers where they needed to be replaced, neither Shaun Ellis nor Jenkins were making it too difficult for their successors to match their production.

14. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

]lus...acting as if he had 10 offers on the table and that he just "chose" the Pats just isnt right. Im willing to bet he had 2 offers on the table...us and them and he chose them. The only people he owes anyrhing to is his family.

15. felker

felker Active Member

You said it - it's about the Super Bowl. You KNOW that's what NE judges its season by. Now exactly when did the Jets last show in the SB?

#255 felker, Aug 7, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2011
  16. AarontheJet

AarontheJet Active Member

Yo, I don't care what anyone says, I'm still kind of pissed about it. I don't hate the guy, but I certainly am not pleased with him going to the Patriots and I certainly don't want him playing well against us.

17. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Same as the Pats, last century some time.

18. puffyme

puffyme New Member

Three since 2000. not since 1969. your right exactly the same LOL. Moron

19. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

it does leave me very confused as to where we are cap-wise - some psters have been saying we are anywhere between 8-10m under the cap but rex was reported as saying we are right up against it salary-wise.

If the difference in the contract is close to $1m then fair enough, if its close then I would have to assume its a case of a player chucking his toys out of the pram a la Braylon than because the jets wouldnt match

20. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

nevermind..

#260 JetsUK, Aug 7, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2011