Sirius NFL @ Jets Camp - 11am

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Spike_D, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

I'm excited!!!!

about the rookies and additions this year. I feel that 2011 will be remembered as a great draft.

2. Spike_D

Spike_D Active Member

On Sanchez's development: "Consistancy ... has to throw more completions. So much arm talent - that he isn't throwing incompletions because he doesn't have the talent .... its because he is trying to hard. Needs to just let it happen etc etc." (not word for word)

3. Spike_D

Spike_D Active Member

They are a Ground & Pound team, but they want to be more balanced .... meaning they have to be able to throw it more (and get production when they do)

Says he takes alot of heat (Schotty) .. and is fine with that ... but says he can call the perfect play, but if it doesn't get executed he gets the boos. Says sometimes he calls a play and sees the defense & its like "damn i can't watch".

Says the play he wants back is the 3rd & 17 against the Steelers ... says they pressed .. should have simply handed it off. Wish's he could have that call back.

4. ........

........ Trolls

If Turner or Payne can contribute, they'd provide welcome size for some time after Plax is gone.

5. Spike_D

Spike_D Active Member

On Joe McKnight ..... needs to show maturity etc ... but he is showing the signs that he took the offseason seriously. Expecting a larger roll for him this season.

6. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

I am excited for this season. The Jets will win it all.

7. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

What has been the issue with Patrick Turner? Getting separation? Not running proper routes?

Only time I remember seeing him on the field was against the Texans. Caught a huge 20yard pass, and was wide open.

We should play him against the Bills alot to get him some work.

8. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

Spke, thanks for the updates.. appreciate it since I can't listen

9. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

If Mark takes steps forward and we go deep into the playoffs, Schotty will finally get his HC job with some team next season. The guy has a lot riding riding on Mark's developement this year.

10. Spike_D

Spike_D Active Member

One point i forgot .... and you should enjoy this.

Ross pointed out that its "almost" unheard of getting to three straight AFC Championship Games ...

Revis looked at Rex (per what they said after) .. and said "Hey coach lets make history"

11. Spike_D

Spike_D Active Member

Shein and Tucker saying that Jets have to stay true to themselves to win the division .... run the ball and play great defense.

Tucker still pushing about the passrush.

Waiting for next guest .. i have to listen to Ross search for weaknesses.

12. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

Hahahahaha,,, great post !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Spike_D

Spike_D Active Member

Shein saying Jets had NO INTEREST in truly bringing back Edwards. Says he signed for a ham sandwich in SF.

Braylon signed for a 1 million next year ... he only gets 3.5 if he catches 90 balls and over 1000 yards ..... never gonna happen.

14. Spike_D

Spike_D Active Member

Tucker banging on the Plax signing now ... risky etc. Shein loves it ... thinks Plax will have BETTER numbers than Edwards had a year ago.

Need a guest damn it.

15. Spike_D

Spike_D Active Member

Shein just announced (non Jets related) ... Kevin Boss just signed with the Raiders.

16. Spike_D

Spike_D Active Member

Tucker talking about Edwards in response to a caller .... about when they played together in Cleveland. Saying how Edwards didn't take football serious ... giving examples of Edwards not being able to keep the snap count in his head etc.

17. Spike_D

Spike_D Active Member

Shein just called Cumberland a blocker ... almost fell outa my chair. They were discussing the depth behind Keller ... saying he is the true #3 receiver currently. He missed on that one.

I myself would be excited if Cumberland shows great improvment in his run blocking, but his receiving skills are why he is with the Jets.

18. Spike_D

Spike_D Active Member

Caller complaining about the Jets ability to cover TE's .... naming SD, Indy & NE.

Wants to know why the Jets didn't address a better safety to cover TE's .. .or a coverage LB.

Tucker in fact defended the Jets asking who exactly they were supposed to get. Says caller can't use Gates as an example as Gates kills EVERYBODY. He in fact likes the Jets secondary.

19. CandleGuy

CandleGuy New Member

How long does the camp coverage last?

20. Spike_D

Spike_D Active Member

Tucker puts Jets at #3 or #4 in the AFC (power ranking wise) because of Mark Sanchez ... says his develpment is the key. Needs to see improvment before he names the Jets a SB contender.

Also doesn't think he sees a SB roster for the Jets ... depth wise.