17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

If you are trying to save a buck and don't need to sit in the lower level/mezz I would wait till the Jets start selling Upper Deck seats via Ticketmaster for face value.

2. nyjetsfan22

nyjetsfan22 Member

Thanks for the advice. But since I only make a few games a year I spend the extra bucks for lower seats. I was told to wait until the week before. Normally I buy the first week of Aug. when the tickets get distibuted. But if you have any more advice lmk. Thanks again

3. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

Waiting till the week before the game might work out or it might not. Since it's week one against the Cowboys ticket prices will stay on the high side regardless. Waiting till the week of the game might force you to buy higher priced tickets vs buying cheaper tickets a couple weeks prior.

4. JetsSec337Lot13B

Just looked at ticketmaster.com Looks like single game tickets will go on sale via ticketmaster on Monday the 29th.

5. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Yes, this is good advice for this year's team. Generally, you will get a lower price at a time when there are many, many seats available. It's supply and demand. Catch the market when the bulk of the seats are on the board and you will have seller's seeing this and competetively lowering their prices to sell their seats.

If you wait until the week before and most are sold, then the remaining seats may be the more expensive ones. I say this is a good policy for "this year's team," because of the irrational exhuberance and assumption right now that we are SB material and will undoubtedly rule the AFC East and without a doubt be in the SB, yadda, yadda.

Of course, this all changes as the season progresses and, God Forbid, we find ourselves at 2-6 midway, with a host of injuries and a stiff schedule and... well, you get the picture. All of a sudden, it may pay to wait until the week before, as tickets will FLOOD the market and even choice PSL seats will be available for .$30 on the dollar. It's like ordering lobster in a restaurant and reading "priced according to market" on the menu.

6. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

For some of the big games early in the season, I don't think waiting (unless you have the stones to wait until day of game) to buy tickets will get much of a discount. For example, the Cowboys game will be the opener and demand should remain constant.

My recommended strategy: Pick a section you want and a price that you think is a "reach" but reasonable. When you find the tickets you want, get them.

For games later in the season, there is a lot more fluctuation in late demand b/c the record of both teams will be changed by then and because of weather. For example, I ended up going to the Dolphins game for less than FV after bad weather made most people stay home. I bought my tickets through SH as instant delivery on the morning of the game.

7. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

For all but the big games, it is actually cheaper to pick up high row UD seats on stubhub b/c ticketscammer hits you with a lot of fees.

8. Section 227. Row 5

I agree. I obviously don't have to buy, but if I had to, my strategy would be to buy the absolute cheapest UD seat I could find and then play "musical chairs" when you get there.

Just buy the cheapest, last row POS seats available (as the sellers will be practically giving them away) and that gets you in the door. Now you play the "I think I'll sit in these lower row seats until someone shows up" game. You may even find it possible at the half to work your way down to PSL seats and get past the Security. Now you're in that section and you play musical chairs within that section.

I have never been kicked out of a game for doing this, nor even approached by Security for doing this. Of course, you have to be respectful and don't be an asshole. If sokeong comes along who owns the seat, you make believe you are checking your ticket and go, "Oh... we're in the wrong row guys" and just move on somewhere else. 50% of the time the rightful owner doesn't even show up and you're watching the game from better seats the whole time.

I can't tell you the number of times I've watched the games from Row One in the old Mezz. Sat there from the git-go and no one ever showed up. Guys in Row 5 were like, "Hey 227, WTF are you doing down there?" I'm watching the fucking game from Row One, dude. Come and join us.

9. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

It's easy to test, I'll keep track for you guys. This weekend I'll log the stubhub prices for each home game in various price categories. Then during the season, I'll log the price 1 week before the game, 1 day before the game, and hours before the game. Then we'll be able to know exactly how prices moved. IMO they'll be substantially cheaper for all games including the Cowboys game (will still be above face but not this high)

10. Section 227. Row 5

Okay, this sounds like an awful lot of work but interesting nonetheless. But remember, even these scientific, calculated results are subject to vast future swings and are not to be relied upon for future ticket price "behavior."

The weekly success or failure of the season is paramount in determining ticket price. If we are 13-0 heading into the playoffs, the sky is the fucking limit. You will sell tickets well above face even in a freaking blizzard. But again, if we are 3-9 and all hope is fading quickly, you will absolutely get the shit beat out of you trying to unload, even for a game as hot as Patriots or whatever. Throw in bad weather and shitty scheduling (night games, cockamamie holiday games, etc.) and you are truly fucked.

You try to get your neighbor to go for free with you and he calls the night before and tells you he has a sore throat. I'm telling you, I've been there many, many times, and my seats were in the Mezz and under cover, Row 5 no less.

11. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I got my ticket email with FedEx tracking info, should be here on the 8th.

12. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

got my tracking too

13. kaboom

kaboom Member

Hmm. I've gotten no email from Jets regarding my tickets. If none by Monday I guess I'll call.

14. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I received an e-mail with tracking info with tickets expected to arrive in 3-4 business days. Wonder what they look like this year. Maybe they have pictures of the PSL owners on this site that continually kiss Woody's ass

15. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

Let me take a guess, you aren't a fan of Woody or Psl's.

16. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i gotta admit i laughed at that one. picturing sg3 as week 3, 5 and 11. 227 has got week 1 locked down ;)

17. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

This years tailgate will be a little somber without one of our brothers in arms....

18. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

19. JetsSec337Lot13B

Thank you for posting that link I hadn't looked around the board in a few days except for this thread. That is absolutely horrible and saddening.

20. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Ok well I just compiled all the current prices on Stubhub (as viewed today at 12 noon). I picked out 8 specific seating categories, and I averaged the 5 cheapest listings. Prices have already gone down in the past couple weeks, but I'll compare today's prices with the prices for each game as we get closer. I'll do 1-week before, 1-day before, and 1-hour before:

[​IMG]