2011 New York Jets Free Agency Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mr Electric, Jul 19, 2011.

1. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

Insults our fan base? I mean I hope you're not one of those construction hat wearing, jet plane guys at the draft,,, that's what insults the fan base. I'm not insulting anything. Ellis was absolutely dominant in the NE playoff game, absolutely dominant.. Don't give me the coverage BS,,, while that might be part of it, that doesn't take away from Ellis, who was absolutely a stud that game. Hey, you guys prove that you like the Jet players getting screwed in the contract negotiations,, that's fine,, you have that right. I like Ellis and think he deserves a little better. No reason to make it personal.

2. #28Martin

Yeah, I know. I get insulted all over the place. Then I throw a joke back and the world is gonna end.

3. #28Martin

Watch the tape. He ate up the NE OL the whole game.

4. #28Martin

And i'm saying , in this case it's not a process. No doubt this a take it or leave it offer.

5. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

What's Bradway up to these days?

6. #28Martin

He's got a big job in the organization. He's like their head scout. He was all over Hard Knocks last year.

7. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

1. Fireman Ed is a faggot (my bad if he posts here, not trying to personally insult the faggot)

2. Everything you say about this team is wrong. It's incredibly insulted to someone like myself that takes pride in knowing as much as possible about this team. People come here to talk football and LEARN about this squad. They don't want to read a bunch of whiny, ignorant crap that makes zero sense. You bring nothing to TGG.

3. Those sacks were mostly because of coverage. Brady couldn't get rid of the ball. Shaun Ellis played a hell of a game against New England, but the coverage was why we shut them down.

There's something you have to realize. EVERYONE is against you. It's not just me and a few other posters. No one is agreeing with anything that you have to say and that speaks volumes.

I'm not out to make anything personal. Some people just take it that way and that's their problem.

Shaun Ellis is an aging veteran that plays a position that's already been filled by younger, more explosive players. Paying him more than he's worth just because he's been a Jet for his entire career is not a real argument. This is a business.

8. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Never saw Hard Knocks (HBO Canada didn't pick it up, ridiculous). That's a shame, I hate that guy.

Say hello for me.

9. #28Martin

Truthfully, joking aside, he actually has a very high positon in the organization. You talk about talent evaluation, he heads up that department with the Jets.

As for you Electric, what I say is always wrong? Who said Cotchery's days might numbered and laughed at? Who said Scott might have to restructure? I'm right far more times then not. The problem is that you have to read the posts to see that.

Everyone is against me? Nah,, but I will say this,, it's embarrassing how on a Jet website, how a diehard Jet fan whose forget more then 99% of the people on the site ever knew about the Jets, gets attacked over and over again. Pure embarrassment... You can be a Ranger fan, and go on a Ranger website,,, like I often do and Ranger fans are smart,, they get it,,, they understand. Somehow you come on a Jet website, and it's like certain people don't get it. It's embarrassing.

#3189 #28Martin, Aug 3, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2011
  10. Chrebet86

Chrebet86 Active Member

During my tenure at TGG, ive seen many back and forth pissing matches. And according to TGG by laws Section 13 sub section C, line 28: Whoever uses the "ive forgotten more than youve ever known" line, is automatically disqualified from the competition and is proven to be wrong.

Thanks for playing.

11. #28Martin

Funny..........................

12. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

That's bullshit. Your problem is that you refuse to forget this team's past and you're one of the biggest SOJF's on this site.

Those days are over, old man.

13. #28Martin

Old man? I'm 44.

You want people to play pretend. Look at everything thru rose colored glasses. I don't like the way they're treating Ellis, ok... That's not a radical opinion. I loved the Burress signing. I like the Pool re-signing. I like the Smith re-signing. I like the Holmes re-signing. I like the Cromartie re-signing... I don't get the SOJF BS at all. You ever go into a gameday thread? The whole freakin site cries about everything,,, somehow that gets ignored.

14. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

That phrase always bothered me. "I've forgotten more than you've ever known." It just sounds like Alzheimer's tough talk.

I do like people whose forget to write "forgotten," though. That's always fun.

15. JeTsFaN_in_SoUtHFloRiDa

So other then ellis who do you guys want?

16. #28Martin

I'm sorry but it's true.

17. #28Martin

I thought Lawson would have been a good pickup but I guess they didn't agree. I don't know why it seems they ignore the need for a pass rush. They never seem to be urgent in finding a guy who can rush the passer.

18. 624

624 Banned

Holy shit dude, stfu.

It makes your whole act even more sad now that I know you are 44....I assumed you were 13.

19. #28Martin

Yeah, alright. But your stuff comes across as very mature.

20. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Enough with the 'I've forgotten more than all you know". It just sounds fucking childish.

As far as Ellis goes, he is a 34 year old DE entering his 12 year in the league. The last three years his production has declined. He knows the end is near. The NFL is a business, if you keep holding onto to players and paying them big dollars for sentimental reasons then you are going to lose. Do I want to see him back, sure. But he will be a rotational player and no longer the starter, unless Wilkerson falls flat on his face.