2011 New York Jets Free Agency Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mr Electric, Jul 19, 2011.

1. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

You're not a world class athlete with a world class skill like that. Totally different.

2. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Ellis is not a world class athlete at this point in his career.

3. #28Martin

I've done nothing but complain? I loved when they signed Burress, I like the Pool signing just now, I loved Holmes coming back, I like Hunter coming back, I like Eric Smith coming back, I loved the Harris contract,,, where the heck am I complaining? Why, cause I won't kiss Tanny's as- for insulting the Big Cat? The new Jet way is being a phony and getting away with it... I'd respect Tanny alot more if he said,,, "Shaun is at the later stage of his career and this is what we feel he should make." Don't send out the BS how important he is to the team and then offer a double digit years in the league vet, all for the Jets, the league minimum.

4. #28Martin

He's a professional football player. How many people can say that? Just look at the playoff game vs. NE,,, he warrants the league minimum for that?

5. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

????????? you serious? Ellis coming back would be great, but paying him handsomely for a year is not in the best interest of this team.

It must be so insulting to make 900k, and play 15 snaps a game.

6. MagillaGuerilla

MagillaGuerilla New Member

Shit, Philly hands out another 1 year contract:

I'm still banking on Tatupu signing with them too...

7. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

He has made over $30 million since 2000, he is no longer the player he once was. You don't overpay just because he has played his whole career there.

It's a good thing you aren't running the team because we would have a roster full of 35 year old players making 3 times what they should while the team goes win less.

8. #28Martin

:shit:
    Wait, wait, wait. Who said 15 snaps a game? If that's the case, then i'd change my tune. Don't overly buy all this Wilkerson starting stuff, till it actually happens. I know what Rex said but rookies that step in right off the bat and play all the snaps, is rare.

And i'm not saying pay Ellis something obscene. I mean geez, they couldn't offer him 2 mill for a year?

9. #28Martin

Am I the only one who saw the New England playoff game? That ain't a guy on his last legs.

10. bibigon

bibigon Member

Would you rather have Ellis at $2M or not have Ellis at all? I'd certainly rather have the former. That's my issue with this offer.

11. #28Martin

Thank you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. #28Martin

Shaun Ellis' agent declined to say if Ellis is insulted by offer. Says Ellis "wants nothing more" than to finish career w/ #Jets

From Cimini

13. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

#28Martin is actually Terry Bradway's niece.

Ever heard of the salary cap buddy? You don't know where the Jets stand right now, Tannenbaum does. He's trying to assemble the best roster possible with the funds at his disposal.

14. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Experts man

15. #28Martin

What does this have to do with Bradway?

"oh it's a process,,, it's the process,, it's a process,,, "

16. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

How is it that people still don't understand negotiating? If he is worth more to the Jets his agent can make a counter offer and go from there.

17. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

18. #28Martin

They don't have cap problems. All they do it cut anyone making anything. I predicted Cotchery ,,,, got laughed at,,, and now that'll be next. All I know is that I said Cotchery could be cut and if Scott wasn't a Rex guy, that wouldn't have been out of the question either.. Since that comment, Cotchery is on the block and Scott had to restructure.

19. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I'd rather save the money, because we don't need Shaun Ellis on this team anymore.

If he comes back for vet minimum, I'm all for it, but saving money is more important.

Mo Wilkerson, Marcus Dixon, Ropati Pitoitua, and Mike DeVito will do fine without the Big Kat.

It'd be nice to have some veteran leadership on the line, but I feel like Sione Pouha can provide that.

20. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Nothing, other than the fact that Tannenbaum has been MILES better in every facet of General Management than his predecessor Terry Bradway. I don't know how long you've been a Jets fan, but if you were around for the previous regime, you wouldn't be talking shit about Tannebaum every two seconds. The guy has done an outstanding job.

Either you're a noob, or you're Terry Bradway's niece.