Osi Umenyiora.....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by guinness77, Jul 29, 2011.

1. thirtyoddfreestyle

thirtyoddfreestyle Well-Known Member

cant we all just be friends

2. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

any idea what type of numbers he is looking for contract wise

even if we were willing to surrender a decent draft pick i doubt we could sign him to the mega deal he probably wants

ray edwards money could probably work with some manuevering but if he wants charles johnson money then there is no point

3. ........

........ Trolls

Voice of truth right here, and yet people keep proposing wet dream Osi trades on the board.

4. ........

........ Trolls

It's incredibly unlikely that Ray Edwards money could work.

5. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

The Jets and Giants are rivals off the field. There's no way the Giants would want Osi tearing it up in the same stadium that he used to play in, in the same newspapers, where he could haunt the franchise.

But the Jets trading for him is beyond dumb.

First of all, he doesn't fit the system.

Second of all, we'd have to be giving him huge money, money the Giants don't want to give him.

We're already having guys take pay cuts to get through this year, and next year's cap may be even worse.

So we'd be overpaying in his 30's for a guy learning a brand new system.

Oh, and did I mention it would cost a 1st round pick?

And even if the Jets were willing to do all that, I still doubt the Giants trade him to the Jets unless we're offering a deal far and away better than everyone else.

6. MeanGreen1983

MeanGreen1983 New Member

A 1st rounder is DEFINITELY too much for him, but I think he really hates playing for the Giants despite winning a SB with them. He'll go to the Cowboys and DESTROY the G-women 2x a year hopefully

7. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I really hope the pats are near or over the cap. I am sure they have picks galore and the thought of this guy along with DRC/Samuel ending up there really scare me if they still have the money left to spend.

8. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

Douche bags in the media are making a huge case that the Patriots should go and get him ASAP.

Let's be honest... It makes perfect sense for the Patriots to go get this guy. Brady can still play at a high level, but he is going to break down soon, and I think it'll be fast.

A 4-3 Dline with a motivated Haynesworth, Wilfork, some other fat fuck, and Osi would be a huge pain in the ass.

9. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

We need a pass rusher badly, year after year and we still dont have one. Gholston really screwed us up bad their...

10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Belichick has been trading back for years waiting for the rookie weight scale to be instituted so that first round picks aren't such a statistical risk with the amount of contracts they had been demanding. I don't see him trading away a first round pick in 2012 for anything right now.

11. REVIS ISLAND 619

REVIS ISLAND 619 New Member

imagine if gholston actually panned out!? we'd be killin' it, sucks!

12. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Yeah and with two 1s next year he may trade up for Luck who would become Brady's eventual replacement.

13. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

C'mon. There's no way a bottom feeding team is going to trade the Luck pick for 2 f'n first rounders. That just doesn't make sense.

14. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

first take talking about us getting him for a 1st??

15. Nesquik

Im actually warming up to this idea. Rex is too smart not to be able configure our defense around Osi. This makes our pass rush better and instantly makes our corners better. Remember Cromartie with a pass rush in San Diego he would return to that dominant form.I wouldnt give them a 1st though and Osi does have 2 years left he doesnt HAVE to be signed now.

16. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Forgetting about whether Osi is even worth a first round pick to us, A) WE CAN'T AFFORD HIM AND B) THE GIANTS ARE NOT TRADING HIM TO US.

17. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

Not with Mallet sat there soaking up the experience

18. Nesquik

There has to be a reason that we're looking to trade Cotch, and rmbr just because u dont think he's worth a 1st doesnt mean that the jets dont.

19. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

I'm actually undecided as to whether he is worth a 1st or not. I would lean towards "no" because he's a 4-3 defensive end and I have trouble envisioning a smooth transition for him to our defense.

But I just can't see how we can afford him and I really can't imagine the Giants being interested in trading him to us. We'll see.

20. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

id love to get him, but he costs too much and is probably going to ask for alot of money. But he is a great DE