Jets open to trading Cotchery (rumor)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Pavlus53, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Coach K

Coach K New Member

just when you think they got things back on track.

this would be a colossal fucking mistake. i kept stressing about continuity. the Jets are starting to treat Sanchez targets like this is fucking madden.

and it really is starting to piss me off.

Rex/Tanny playing musical chairs on offense while they bend over backwards for Rex CB devotion

2. SoulFood

SoulFood Active Member

My god. Who are we turning into? I don't like this.

Although I don't trust a goddamn thing that anybody on NFL Network says, especially Lombardi.

EDIT: P.S. Sir Jerricho Cotchery is a Southern Gentleman. We need to keep players like him.

#182 SoulFood, Aug 1, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2011
  3. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Manish confirmed it.

4. mute

mute Well-Known Member

An hr ago from Lombardi, he saids Moss is back in the mix with the Jets. Minutes later, it is said hes retired. :rofl:

5. vilmatic

vilmatic Active Member

why wouldn't you trade one of the most consistent, most team-oriented players with a reasonable contract? I mean, who the hell needs those types of guys?

6. rickjet

rickjet Well-Known Member

I also HATE this!! Cotchery has always been a great team player...I don't understand it,
    unless they think they can Braylon??

7. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

Please tell me this isn't true. I'll never buy another jersey.

8. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I like Cotchery too much! He's my favorite #5 option in this offense!

9. Master Debater

Master Debater New Member

I would hate to see J-Co go - definitely a pro and one of longest tenured Jets. I agree continuity may be an issue with 2 new receivers (Plax/J-Co Replacement)

Although, last off-season I also did not like what happened with RB core. Not bringing back Leon Washington or TJ when you were top Running team in the league, but it turned out OK.

Regardless, whatever happens I trust Tanny/Ryan will do the best thing for the team.

10. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

I agree, if they do trade cotch it will be to get Braylon back. They could trade him for draft picks next year or for a position they still need depth at, safety, OL, etc.

I also agree Cotch is a cap hit next year anyway so why not deal him now. They have McKnight, LT and Kerley to fill his slot roll for short completions when needed and just think of a D trying to cover Plax, Braylon and Tone with the underneath threat of Keller and LT/McKnight out of the backfield. Its a lot more difficult to cover that than it would be having Cotch instead of Braylon. In that scenario Cotch is clearly expendable.

Let's see what develops but I'm very in favor of dealing Cotch if it means we can bring Braylon back to team up with Plax and Tone.

11. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

I would not like this move at all. While Cotchery is no longer a top level No. 2 receiver; he is clearly a top notch No. 3 receiver.

12. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Holmes
    Burress
    Keller
    LT/McKnight
    Cotchery
    Kerley

He's the fifth option fellas. If the Jets can acquire a defensive player or anything better than a fourth rounder, you pull the trigger and don't look back.

Cotchery's made some awesome plays for us during his career as a Jet, but he's incredibly overrated by fans, just like a lot of players that have come and gone. My confidence in this guy went way down after his 2010 season - a lot of uncharacteristic drops/mistakes by him.

13. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I think the Jets have an idea of who Lombardi's sources within the team are and they are feeding him false leaks because they don't like him.

Last year before the draft, Lombardi reported that they Jets were secretly shopping BT/Faneca/Ellis/someone else and later that day Rex was asked about it during the presser, and he looked pissed and said there was absolutely no truth to it. The next day Faneca got shipped to Arizona.

14. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

I usually agree with you, but putting Cotch after the running backs? You have officially lost your mind.

15. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

hahahahahahaa... NICE!!!!!!!!:eaglessuck:

16. JETSJETSJETS17

JETSJETSJETS17 Well-Known Member

I know it's a long shot and I have no idea how the hell they'd do it cap wise, but if they can get Braylon back by trading J-Co then by all means I am on board.

Tone/Plax/Braylon/Keller/LT in backfield - I don't see a much better combination than that

17. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

I remember that. Lombardi said that the Jets were going to cut all three because the PSLs weren't selling, and that they needed the money. Woody later stated that the team's budget for players have absolutely zero to do with PSLs.

18. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

I would be LIVID if Cotchery is traded.

19. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

We really need this season to start. I'm tired of armchair GM-ing.

20. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

I think at this point they have spent all the money they can under the cap except for a Shaun Ellis and some more safety depth.

That being said, Edwards price must surely be dropping by now. All camps are open, and yet no deal for him.