Jets open to trading Cotchery (rumor)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Pavlus53, Aug 1, 2011.

1. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

How about trading him and a 2nd rounder to the Giants for Osi?

2. quadcityjetsfan76

I see nothing good coming of this. Cotch is a vital part of Sanchez's developement, and would be a huge loss in that department. Holmes and Sanchez will be fine, and the addition of Burress hopefully pays off. If we were to add the loss of Cotchery to the loss of Smith, the team will have taken 3 steps backwards this off season. I already see us relying on the youth we drafted to do too much in our system, and nee to keep all the vets we can. Our offense has added nothing to improve itself, and actually lost a proiductive tool in the seminole formation, not to mention the return game. That is if there is a return game this year with the movement of the kickoff marking.

3. DyckmanDiplomat

it better be just that, A RUMOR CUZ id hate for us to lose Jericho, hes made some good plays for us and has been nothing short of a excellent team mate

4. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

I get what you're saying, but why would the Jets want to make this team less talented than last season just to save a few bucks in future seasons?

5. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Good WR class next year. Safeties and LBs will be a focus as well.

The 06 draft had 7 players who contributed in some way. The only 3 that didn't were Jason Posciask, The Boar Hunter, and Titus Adams.

7/10 is fucking amazing. And the Jets got a draft pick back for LW to get Conner who can be the FB for 7+ years. If Tanny and that scouting staff can do it once, they can do it again.

6. The Jutty

The Jutty Banned

I trust our FO. If they are shopping Cotch then they have a plan.

7. ........

........ Trolls

Clearly THAT would solve our money problems.

8. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

I'm not sure why everyone including the anylists seem to think Plax is just going to start?

As said before he's 34 and hasn't played football in 2 years not to mention a possible injury

9. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

Osi for Cotch straight up

10. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

If the Jets trade Cotchery, they have someone else in mind to sign. Who else is out there worth looking at?

11. AarontheJet

AarontheJet Active Member

Yeah, if we want cap relief, we need to get Harris off the damn franchise tag! I don't know how we've been trying to get Aso and all this over crap and we haven't been taking care of our own, like a Harris. He should already have a deal done by now.

12. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

Geez, I mentioned that Cotchery could be cut,, and got blasted. I mentioned Scott and he restructured.

Very interesting.

13. #28Martin

He's absolutely gonna start....

14. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

We can always restructure Sanchez's contract. The Jets aren't going to make this team less talented just so we can save a few bucks for future years. Woody has made it pretty clear that the team is in win-now mode.

15. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Holy shit... talking about Burress Tanny said they were comfortable with him (Burress), Holmes, Keller and LT in the passing game... no mention of Cotch. I think he really might be traded now... mmm... don't like this move but I guess time will tell as always.

16. The Jutty

The Jutty Banned

Plax is here to jump up and catch passes in the redzone. I don't think we are expecting him to get yards after the catch that's Holmes specialty.

17. #28Martin

This doesn't get out if it's an after thought... You watch, this will happen.

18. Sixto

Sixto Member

Doesn't seem like it would save us much:
    www dot nyjetscap dot com/salary11.html​

19. ........

........ Trolls

It's not saving a few bucks. With the signings this past week, and the money that Harris is going to get on a new deal, we may very well be pushing up against the cap for 2012 in money ALREADY COMMITTED. Most of those contracts FURTHER escalate into the future, meaning they can't really be restructured. Most people were looking at 3 contracts as re-doable: Scott, Pace, and Sanchez. If we just redid the contracts for Scott and Pace, we likely pushed some money onto 2012 already and won't be able to address them next year. In short, this could be an absolutely necessary move to free up $4 million next year. That could be the difference in being able to sign our draft picks. Hardly a few bucks.

20. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

It doesn't seem to me they have a big money issue right now. I think it has more to do with a big pickup they would like to make and that would cause a money problem.