So I guess the Pats are favorites now...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by srqman1, Jul 29, 2011.

1. NJjets1981

NJjets1981 New Member

@BarrytheBaptist- you are right about the home field advantage, but you know that means nothing to these jets. All our playoff games the past two years have been away and we did damn good. Maybe with home field we make it to the SB, maybe not, but I think Rex and this team thrive on the underdog role. I believe he makes those pre season promises, so the media will say, "hes makin promises they cant keep" "They still have to get by NE, PIT, BAL etc." and he uses that to say to his team, "see, they say you cant do it, I say you can" kinda deal. Its just my opinion, but with the way REX coaches this team, home or away doesnt matter. In '98, Home Field in the AFC championship wouldve mattered much more I think.

2. DarrylStingley

DarrylStingley New Member

Jets -- "under the radar"?

That's not happening. These Jets are fully above the radar. When you get to the AFC Champ game and your coach talks Super Bowl all the time, you're above the radar.

3. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

use the quote button and stop with the "@" bullshit. This isn't twitter. Its makes you look like you're a 14 year old girl.

This thread is a mountain of gayness.

4. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

You'd make a great mod lol

5. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

No worries about ocho, he'll have a good year w/o a doubt but against us we'll have no problems against him. My concern is a motivated Haynesworth but I think we'll be neck and neck again this year.

6. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

I wish Haynesworth would play NT for them. Mangold would take his lunch money on every down. Maybe he still gets that opportunity if he lines up as DT in a 4 man front.

7. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Hahahahahaha.

8. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

except Rex has stated explicitly they need to get home field advantage and stop having to play three road playoff games, so clearly it means something to one prominent Jet.

9. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

This.

If either of the last two AFCCGs had been played in NY... different outcomes, I think. I don't know how the SB would have turned out in either case, but you would have at least gotten there.

10. felker

felker Active Member

Playoffs are always a crap shoot. You are going to be playing good teams and doing it three times vs. two means your odds of getting to the big game have been reduced by 1/2.

11. felker

felker Active Member

Polls ARE baloney. BUT the Pats are defending 7 out of 8 time division champs. You need a good reason to not make them favorites.

That reason isn't there. The Pats had some interesting trades fetching Chad and Albert, and are coming off a year where they had a LOT of guys on IR. It got so bad at the end of the year that the week before the Jets playoff game NE was running open tryouts for defensive line positions. Getting Bodden back for example is big - NE was starting multiple rookies in the secondary last year, and while McCourty was good the 2nd half of the year they were beat a lot in the passing game.

The Jets really haven't kept pace with this. They kept all their key pieces, and that's about it. Nothing that you can point to as a significant improvement.

The other thing to look out for this year is that the AFC East has a tougher schedule. This year it's the NFC East and AFC West. This will make it harder for the wild card team to come from the AFC East.

12. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

@ NDMICK

I agree with your post. Teach that fool, fo shore!

LOL

13. JetFanInMD

JetFanInMD New Member

Outside of the Eagles, the NFC east has gotten weaker and the AFC west is one of the worst divisions in football. Last year was much tougher with the NFC north and AFC north.

14. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

@ Koz

You're not supposed to quote the post your @ to. Where the hell have you been anyway? Wife keepin you away from the board?

15. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

NE deserves to be the favorite in the reg season as long as #12 is their QB.

16. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

Agreed. Its tough since the amount of parity in the NFL, but the two divisions we face on paper seem to be easier than last year. NFC North is gonna be a bloodbath this year. Minn and Detroit both greatly improved. I'm not scared of any of the teams in the NFC East except the Eagles.

The AFC west was also pretty mediocre last year in the fact most of the teams were average. No one was spectacular. KC benefited from having the softest schedule in the NFL.

17. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I am glad we are not considered favorites, they can ha ve that pressure. If we picked up these 2 guys, the media when tell you how desperate the Jets are to sign these 2 low lifes. Incredible stuff, especially Chad, I mean he stunk 2 years ago.

18. Struckanerve9

Struckanerve9 New Member

Need a good reason, eh? How about losing 2 of 3 games to the Jets, including a home playoff game? Not a good enough reason? And the only thing that's interesting about the Pats getting Ocho and Fat Albert is how enormous the chance of them sucking up the joint is. Ocho may be decent, but Haynesworth has been a sack of crap for the last 3 years. BB's arrogance has gotten ridiculous if he thinks he can fix that lazy POS. Plus, you just cut Stroud, Warren, and Banta-Cain. So the Pats DL is - Fat piece of crap (Haynesworth), Wilfork, Nobody.

Awww...we had injuries...wah wah wah. What do you think the Pats are the only team that actually PLAYED FOOTBALL last year? Everyone deals with injuries. Suck it up.

#158 Struckanerve9, Aug 1, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2011
  19. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Traveling alot for work, alot of days off with the family and enjoying the summer. Haven't really been on here very much lately. Now that fooooooball is back i will be.

20. felker

felker Active Member

A Pats vs. Jets regular season split doesn't affect who wins the division, and that's the way it has been the past couple of years. So no, that is not a reason.

Ocho is not an elite receiver at this stage of his career but he is still probably the best receiver Brady has ever had, excluding Moss. Brady, if you haven't noticed seems to be able to get elite results with non-elite receivers.

Haynesworth could be good or not. BB thinking he can get good results out of him isn't arrogance, it's a low risk potential high reward gamble based on success with other retreds and "personalities" like Dillon, Moss, Harrison and so on.

Don't forget the Jets have their own gamble going with Plaxico "Glock Leg" Burress. Is he going to be able to play well at an advanced age and after 2 years in the slammer?

Banta-Cain is a LB. Neither Stroud not Warren were on the field last year for NE, so they are hardly losses in the defensive line. Somebody else must have been playing. I wonder who that could have been? Mmmm aside from Wilfork it looks like Price, Wright, Deadrick, Pryor. Young guys who should improve.

Yes, everyone deals with injuries. Few teams however had as many as NE in 2010. Just based on odds that should improve.