Jets sign Plaxico!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Jul 31, 2011.

1. ........

........ Trolls

Several former teammates visited him in prison and all said he was in fantastic shape. I still would have liked to see a workout, but I don't even know if that's possible with the new CBA. He's still going to have to pass a physical, but we won't entirely know what we have until he takes the field Thursday.

2. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

I would be shocked if Cotch did not start this season.

3. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Ugh....disappointed.

4. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Anyone who wants to win football games should not be disappointed with this signing.

5. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

This is exactly right. It's a shitty situation. And it's funny because more so than any other signing, we really have no idea what we're getting until we see him play so who knows.

6. cmcm750203

cmcm750203 Well-Known Member

how can you say something so definitively when the guy has been in prison for 2 years. HOPEFULLY he's still the player he once was but this is a huge risk if they are gambling on him to be a big part of the team

7. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

I'm happy with this signing...helps sure up the WR corps expecially since Braylon is gone.

Pat Patriot, please go suck a dick.

Post #3000 Bitches!!!

8. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

If Plax is anything close to what he was for the Giants, then I'm all for him.

He pulled Eli's butt out of the fire more than once on their Super Bowl run.

9. ........

........ Trolls

If Braylon signs somewhere for 6 or under, I'm going to be ticked off. The one huge advantage this gives us is that Tanny has forced an insane amount onto next year's cap with some of these contracts. The escalation greatly outpaces what the cap should rise by, especially in the case of Holmes. We're going to have to cut some salaries down, including the obvious departure of Bryan Thomas and the reworking of Pace and Scott (I believe their restructures were thankfully put off once Aso didn't sign). This move helps to ensure that we're not pushing more WR money onto that cap.

10. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

Fitzgerald is a FA next year? Hey, there is always dreaming ;)

11. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Great pickup. The fact that it's only a one year deal is the best part because we're not locked in to a long term big money deal.

And if he outperforms his contract then we lock him up next year for a few more years.

Very low risk signing with tons of upside.

12. mute

mute Well-Known Member

GREAT but... how does he move? Can he still even run fast :smile:

13. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

It's like buying a car on e-bay, based only on the pictures.

You hope it runs, and doesn't blow smoke.

14. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

i wasnt aware of that

vick was occasionally called upon to do things with his athleticism in his first year and he largely failed ... they didnt ask him to be manning, he just was not up to the speed of the game

that included a full training camp and being 29 and not 34

im taking a wait and see approach with this move

15. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

Kinda meh about this. He has something to prove and probably will have a chip on his shoulder, but I would have preferred to have Braylon back.

See ya, beard, I'll always have memories of you dragging 2 Pats DBs into the end zone.

Good thing...this gives us some flexibility to address the defense. And for the future. I also think this is a sure sign Cromartie is coming back.

16. F Miami

F Miami Active Member

nice. Now sign James Jones, Todd Heap, Michael Huff, and Cromartie and we'll definitely beat Philly in the SB.

NM. Huff re-signed with Oakland. You can forget about the SB now.

#76 F Miami, Jul 31, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2011
  17. PatPatriot

PatPatriot Member

HAHAHAH Is that how you justify it? Enforced break?? He brought a gun into a club and luckily only shot himself and not others. Burress was a malcontent with the Giants as well. Him and Coughlin butted heads all the time with him breaking a ton of team rules. How can you know he's going to fill a need for anyone's team given he hasn't played football since 2008?

The Patriots played more than half of their defensive plays out of a 3-4 last season and released Ty Warren because they are moving farther away from the 3-4. Warren even said this himself. Haynesworth is just another guy that adds depth right now and could be a very nice player but they aren't counting on him to be the starter like Burress will be counted to be.

Braylon Edwards will outperform Plaxico Burress by a lot this year.

18. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

Plax is a tough WR who will go over the middle. A one year deal gives him incentive to play very well, not to mention the two years he's been out of the league. I'm sure he's ready to prove himself. He was never known for his speed, so the age doesn't concern me that much. I would have preferred Braylon, but 1 year at $3M isn't breaking the bank. I think it's a good chance to take here.

19. MayoGate

MayoGate Active Member

Good signing .. Plax has been somewhat of a "Patriot Killer" thru the years ..

20. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

I think no matter how good or bad his season goes, he's one and done. This move is all about THIS year.