Mike Tannenbaum Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Scikotic, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Brunell's Debt

Brunell's Debt New Member

I actually think that Houston panicked and overpaid for Joseph. $49 million, $24 million guaranteed?

He's a good corner, but he's not worth that much.

2. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

That's a very large contract for Joseph. He did overly well for himself.

3. 624

624 Banned

I commend Tannenbaum for pulling out when it was no longer realistic and doing what was best for the team instead of going past the limit because of the Nnamdi hype.

4. Donutking30

Donutking30 New Member

Gotta love Tannenbaum for not giving him that kind of money!!!

5. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

I actually think the outcome is ok, just think we lost control of the process.

6. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Yeah I choose to believe this. Maybe this makes me a homer but in general I try to make any rationalizations about the team objectively. I don't think the Jets were played or toyed with, they just got beat.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one. Until we get more details (in particular that Philly was in on this thing to begin with but was only willing to do <12 mil until the Jets got involved) I don't think it was a case of the Jets being used.

Yeah I do too, I'm thinking the Jets want Braylon back and that this deal was the best they could do to have him in the fold. Anything higher would have that impossible which is why they didn't try for 5 years 65 mil with 30 guaranteed.

7. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I'm just a bit surprised we got played by Aso's camp and the Eagles as the Philly GM was just on SC saying that they were indeed in this from the beginning. Gotta give Tanny credit although I heard on SC that it was Aso's camp that called Tanny and said "you're out of it". It's a bit late in the game as all the A-list talent is gone so Tanny's next move will be very interesting and crucial for the 2011 season. We're damn lucky that Miami passed on Orton so now we only have to deal with the Patriots.. Again...

8. clickclack

clickclack Member

/cosigned...

9. rickjet

rickjet Well-Known Member

I agree w/ you about the cap space and I have a ton of faith in Tanny to beef up this roster w/ quality players...I can't believe he has deal w/ that scum-bag agent Conlin w/ the Cromartie contract...

10. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

NFL Network and SC said Aso's team told the Jets they were out of the running.

Not that it matters. Ultimately, I think this is for the best.

11. JoeWillie130

JoeWillie130 Well-Known Member

You can't forget we have revis on this team too. If they were to give nnamdi more money that is a slap in the face to revis unless they redo his contract immediately. There were repercussions there the jets needed to consider.

12. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

How the fuck were they able to keep so quiet about it? I guess all their beat reporters were so infatuated with the whole Kevin Kolb thing.

13. Cman68

Hopefully, money will trump all things here although you have to believe that Cro has to feel a bit funny that now he's the fall back option. He did say "no hometown discount" and now he's gonna prove it.

14. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Yeah. I'm stunned that a place like Philly kept this under wraps. That might be the biggest shocker of all.

15. Cman68

Good question Ace. That guy should be in the f'n CIA or something. Its almost like the Kolb story provided almost perfect cover for this.

16. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Kind of just seems like a more dramatic way of saying "he chose the Eagles over the Jets". I mean it was announced the Jets were out of it about 5 minutes before the official announcement was made. Considering how highly publicized this was for the Jets I can't imagine that they were out of it for long before he made his final decision. I also heard that the Cowboys interest was a bit of a smoke screen

Money talks, man. If the Jets are the highest bidder they'll get him. I'm not losing too much sleep about Cromartie tho, for his pricetag I'm not a huge fan of his inconsistency. I'll be happy if we keep him but if he walks I think that money can be wisely used elsewhere.

17. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

They did it during the damn Cliff Lee thing also. Those bastards know how to keep their mouths shut.

18. Cman68

Yanno, its hurts to say it, but you gotta give credit where its due. Philly simply outmanuevered New York for both players and let us negotiate the contracts to boot.

19. rickjet

rickjet Well-Known Member

if I were Tanny. I would give Cro's agent a very-competitive offer and give him 12 hrs to take it or move on, can't let this guy jerk us around again!

20. Cman68

That should become Tanny's SOP going forward. "Here's your offer. There's a 12hr window. We'll be waiting.."