Patriots aquire Ochocinco

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by zllehs, Jul 28, 2011.

1. dubagedi

dubagedi New Member

Seems like people have been talking about this happening for awhile so this is definitely no surprise. He will be another good option and makes it that much harder to defend a passing attack which is pretty much built on the idea of having a lot of good options to throw to rather than one go to go. But I also expect that between Welker/Branch/Ocho there's going to be plenty of time lost to injury and age, and I think come January what will matter most is the development of the offensive rookies...if Solder and the two running backs come to speed as quickly as last years class while Marcus Cannon does his own Jon Lester turn around, the offense will be pretty much unstoppable. If not we're going to get pretty much the same thing as last year and the Jets made it pretty clear just how to slow down that attack.

2. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

This is a good move for them..... unfortunately. Some people are in denial.

85 does act like a clown, but he is a competitor, and I can see that being properly focused / harnessed in NE. He may not be the player he once was, but he definitely adds a dynamic to the PATS offense.

3. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

Ochocinco isn't going to be some savior here... he's just another option, something else for other teams to think about and plan for (especially the Jets, since that game plan in January was so outstanding). And he's really the only proven receiver on the roster with the skills to stay outside. Welker and Branch are essentially the same type of player.

Hopefully he'll also be able to help mentor guys like Brandon Tate and Taylor Price, who have shown flashes but haven't been consistent.

Another nice pick-up, given the low price tag.

If the Jets get Aso, it'll be nearly impossible to throw on you guys anyway.

4. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

5. Cellar-door

Cellar-door Active Member

I agree with him on Haynesworth but disagree on ochocinco, he has always been in great shape, showed up to every practice and shown a love of football. Whitlock saying he runs sloppy undisciplined routes tells me he doesn't watch ochocinco play as he is a very good route runner. Also on a pedantic note it should be reek not wreak.

6. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

So, NFL Network just showed OchoCinco on the playing field and he's sporting an 85 on his jersey.

7. blanter1

blanter1 New Member

Chad Ochostinko

8. Joey Knuckles

Joey Knuckles New Member

If anyone can revitalize a career its tom
    Brady

9. Tyche

Tyche New Member

Someone asked bill if he follows Chad on twitter...

"No, I don't twitter or MyFace"

Bill is the greatest troll in history. I bet that dude is comedy gold when the camera's aren't on.

10. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

yeah.........thanks wrong wreak/reek.

I do not agree with Whitlock many times. Ocho is noted to be an excellent route runner. I think he is confusing his "undisciplined" image away from the field. Then again that is what most people do with Chad.

11. Tyche

Tyche New Member

Where the hell is this myth that Chad is a great route runner coming from? He's a terrible route runner. Terrible. He has quite the rep in Cinci for stacking Carson's INT column because of his improvised routes. He may be the worst route running #1 in the league. He'll break off, give up, let the DB dictate, whatever it takes to get open, even at the cost of picks.