2011 New York Jets Free Agency Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mr Electric, Jul 19, 2011.

1. ManlyGenius

ManlyGenius New Member

It's really hard for non-quarterbacks to get national endorsements. They're football crazy in Texas so I'll bet local endorsements aren't that, that much different.

Plus NY/NJ taxes are a biatch.

2. Theo Huxtable

Theo Huxtable New Member

Wasn't the whole endorsement ordeal brought up because Nnamdi wanted to set up a career AFTER the NFL. Goodluck with that shit in Houston Aso, if you decide to go there.

3. IATA

IATA Trolls

While I get your point, it's not like there are rules stating you have to play somewhere to be advertised there.

4. ManlyGenius

ManlyGenius New Member

He's got a million great post-career options in Texas if he wants them.

Acting and singing, I agree, not so much.

5. jesterjetman

jesterjetman Active Member

he could buy the Houston Asos

heyoooooo

6. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

Brad Smith is signing with the Bills.. not unexpected.

7. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

This whole situation with Nnamdi is becoming a real pain, simply for the fact of waiting to see who he signs with. By waiting, it means the following:

-Braylon Edwards believes he is on his way out (which might just be the case). He may not wait around to see if Nnamdi signs or not, because if he does, there might not be money for him to sign here. Yet at the same time, he just might not want to wait around for Nnamdi and sign elsewhere, and then we would be %%++ out of luck if Nnamdi doesn't sign here.
    -It seems as if Antonio Cromartie has not been paid attention to at all. If we sign Nnamdi, then Cro' is obviously gone. But if we don't sign him, he may A)Realize he's second fiddle and not want to sign here, or B)Realize he's second fiddle, and command more money, which will ultimately have to be given to him.

8. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

Cromartie is waiting for Asomugha to sign first, no matter what team it's with. Asomugha is going to set the market for all the other free agent corners.

Tanny is definitely in contact with all these guys and he isn't losing out on anybody.

9. Tanny isn't the type to sit on his hands. He's as proactive and prepared as they come. He's either being extremely active w/ Cro behind the scenes or he knows something the media doesn't and Aso signing is of very high probability.

10. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

^ very true. Cro and JJ will not sign a deal until Nnamdi does. and believe me both are hoping Aso goes to Houston to the tune of $14-16 mill per year. Meanwhile we are praying he comes he for $10-12 per. As for edwards... he doesnt seem to be getting any kind of love right now. Every team seems to have its own priorities and he isnt anybody's right now. Once the Aso domino falls, everything will open up and Edwards will likely find a home, hopefully here in NY.

11. Theo Huxtable

Theo Huxtable New Member

This whole thing is just annoying now.

12. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

now? It started to become annoying to me around 2:15 yesterday afternoon. We need something to break here soon. Aso has to make a choice by the end of the day doesn't he? This is driving me up a wall!

13. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

TheJetsStream Manish Mehta
    Source tells me #Jets will re-work LaDainian Tomlinson's contract. He'll have a salary reduction in 2011, the final year of 2-yr deal #nyj

Tanny's reaching for all the extra change he can find under the couch cushion.

14. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

it has begun.

15. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

This was something that was inevitable. LT knows this is his last and best shot to get a ring.. plus no team is going to give him more on the market than what he'll get from the Jets.

16. Doogstein

Doogstein Member

I can't take this anymore. I can't continue to stare at my computer all day waiting for an update. CMON ASO WHAT'S IT GONNA BE????????????????????

17. jesterjetman

jesterjetman Active Member

this.... i might get fired by the end of the day

18. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

That tells me a big deal is in the making.

19. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

[​IMG]

20. Montana

Montana Member

A big reason that I think Aso may sign with us, that I havent seen mentioned, is that playing opposite Revis is the ONLY option out there that would result in QB's having to throw at Aso again, unlike the last 4 years in Oakland when he was rarely challenged.

As anyone who has played in the secondary can attest, having a chance to make a play on a ball is one thing everyone thrives for.

....we can offer him that, and no one else can.