Brad Smith Free Agency...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by dmarz45, Jul 26, 2011.

1. Johnny "Lam" Jones

Johnny "Lam" Jones Active Member

Brad won't be back as a Jet. Just too many more important positions to fill without considering a luxury position as KR/Wildcat QB.

good luck in the future, Brad. Don't kill us too much when we play ya.

JLJ

2. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

I heard about this a few months back then totally forgot about it, thanks for reposting.

Yeah this is interesting...Haha poor Brad Smith...what a shitty year for him to hit Free Agency.

3. Revis24Island

Revis24Island New Member

One upside about the new rule is that now we get the ball at the 25 instead at the 20 on a touchback

4. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

Buffalo the new favourites for Brad Smith.

5. ItalianoBloodline

Actually, I'd love to see Brad Smith go to the Bills. It's much better than watching Smith line up for either NE or especially Miami and with the Bills? Hopefully he can hurt the Patriots and/or Dolphins during the regular season. Which would help the Jets.

Honestly? On a team like Buffalo, I'm not worried about Brad Smith beating us. Thats why we have Rex Ryan and company.

6. dmarz45

dmarz45 Well-Known Member

Ughh I hate to see a fan favorite guy like B. Smith going to a rival like the Bills.. Even though they are going to be horrible this year, but still hate to see it..

7. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Johnny, suit up for your second chance. We need another WR.

8. ItalianoBloodline

Not me. I actually pull for the Bills 4 times per year. Twice against NE and twice against Miami. I'll also be pulling for the Bills against the Chargers this year. Anything to help the Jets playoff seeding.

9. JETSJETSJETS17

JETSJETSJETS17 Well-Known Member

I guess Buffalo doesn't think too highly of their prized pick CJ Spiller

10. Johnny English

Why would signing a wideout who plays QB in the wildcat and has a good line in special teams reflect their views on a running back?

11. jesterjetman

jesterjetman Active Member

im all for making the bills better to beat the pats and the dolphins.... our players and coaches know smith well enough that he woulnt kill us

12. JETSJETSJETS17

JETSJETSJETS17 Well-Known Member

Mostly because last time I checked, CJ returns kicks for the Bills and runs the wildcat formation. But I see your point if they are solely signing Brad for his WR abilities, which haven't really been on display in his time with the Jets.

13. ManlyGenius

ManlyGenius New Member

No they changed that back. Touchbacks go to the 20 but kickoffs are from the 35 (rather than the 30). Also coverage units can only get a 5 yard (rather than a 10 yard) running start.

There will be more touchbacks but probably 70% of kickoffs (instead of 85) will be returned.

14. Johnny English

I don't think that either were the primary reasons for drafting Spiller, but YMMV. I can see the logic of them not wanting Spiller to have the majority of the carries from backfield as well as run the wildcat and return kicks, so in that context signing Smith would seem to make a fair amount of sense, dontcha think?

15. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

brad smith or not the Bills are going to finish ahead of the Dolphags this year...

they beat them last year... their OFFENSE really made a lot of strides last year with Fitzpatrick. Their Run Defense was god awful though but with I feel they got a lot better with Dareus who I think could be Def Rookie of the Year this year and Poslusney leaving is addition by subtraction (never seen a MLB that doesn't attack and is actually content with tackling a RB 8 yards downfield)

they need a better offensive line of course before they are taken seriously but I could see them finishing 7-9 ahead of the 6-10 dolfags..

16. SouthBayJetsfan4life

SouthBayJetsfan4life Well-Known Member

Not really a Brad Smith guy.

As a receiver...I thought he was below par. Good kick off returner. Never a fan of the Wildcat formation.

I wish him luck wherever he goes. Seems like a good guy.

I think the Jets can do better...receiver-wise IMO.

17. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

Looks like Brad Smith is going to be a Buffalo Bill according to reports. Some beat writers tweeted that he's putting the finishing touches on a deal.

18. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Thanks for the great moments brad. I'm glad your going to a team that I dont need to worry about.

19. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Good luck Brad, hopefully we beat Buffalo as bad as we did last year so you can't hurt us.

20. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

what, he took the first contract that was offered to him?