How about replacing Cro with Nnamdi? (Merged x67)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Titans, Jan 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fatman&Robin

Fatman&Robin Member

I'll give him the other two but REALLY?

This calls for REALLY!?! with Amy and Seth.

[YOUTUBE]ntd5wWigzxs[/YOUTUBE]

2. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Looked to me like we had the RBs and TEs fairly well covered last time we went to Foxboro.

3. jesterjetman

jesterjetman Active Member

im with notorious... I would sell my soul to the devil for one SB. make it ten straight 0-16's please

4. rholt168

rholt168 Active Member

Yeah because Reggie Bush made such an impact on the Saints. Dolphins suck and with Nnamdi and Revis making it impossible to go outside the hash marks you have 9 guys clogging the middle.

5. Ghosty1977

Ghosty1977 New Member

This sounds good and all but it does raise the question as to what the delay is.

What does he still have to decide about.

If this indeed true then we are his absolute preferred destination and where he wants to be and he doesn't really have to take a discount.

I really don't see what the hold up is here. As it is something just doesn't feel right with all the new info that has come out today. Just doesn't line up with what we have seen so far.

Hopefully I am wrong and we see/hear something later today though.

6. Fatman&Robin

Fatman&Robin Member

Probably has to leave money on the table if he wants to come here. Its a big decision.

7. neid92

neid92 Well-Known Member

We still need to lock up Harris and get some DLs for the pass rush!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

that and its like 6:30 in the bay area right now... He is probably still asleep. So he probably decided to sleep on it last night and will wake up on his own time today and make a decision. We all want his choice now, but the guy will take his time. It's not like he can sign anything before friday and can't report to camp till sunday. So he has time to make his decisions...

9. cmcm750203

cmcm750203 Well-Known Member

locking up harris is only going to bring his cap hit down. he already signed the franchise tender so unless they need the cap space there is no rush for this.

10. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

Harris will be taken care of. Since he is definately here this year, we just put him on the back burner until we get the Aso situation figured out and possibly Braylon as well.

As far as DL's...... we just drafted two of them to help us there. I seriously doubt anybody gets signed along the DL except for maybe Sean Ellis.

11. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

Get the deal done or move on and resign Cromartie….

Revis makes 11.4M a year and is not fully guaranteed so 12M a year with a full guarantee should get it done. Revis was in a middle of a contract last year, Asomugha is a UFA and a FA should always get a better deal than a holdout.

Prior thought…
    Give him $48 million for 4 years, with $24M of it up front and all or at least 90% of it guaranteed. That would allow cap friendly number for this year like $1M in base for 2011, $7M in 2012 and $8M in 2013/2014. Revis and him would count around $7M this year and allow us to get sign a safety and a maybe Moss. Burress is quickly moving out of our price range.

Even at 100% a guarantee of $48M is good for a guy who could get $40M up front by other teams and was getting $15M a year with the Raiders. He had a projected salary of $15 to $20 million a year coming into free agency. Throw his agent a deal with a deadline and either he will accept, counter offer or we move on and show some love somewhere else.

We could still get both Edwards and Cromartie if the deal with Asomugha falls through. And for those that say we couldn’t still resign both, you are probably the same ones who wouldn’t have even given us a chance to get both Holmes and Asomugha.

Just want off this ride and not be sick to my stomach when it ends...

12. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

No way would the Jets offer a fully guaranteed contract with those numbers

13. IATA

IATA Trolls

You really need to get rid of that stupid fucking avatar.

14. Ghosty1977

Ghosty1977 New Member

Looks like Houston is not quite ready to throw in the towel yet...

Sorry can't provide link yet but if you enter this into the twitter search you should get the tweet: "#Texans still in Nnamdi Asomugha race"

15. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

When healthy, Reggie Bush is the most versatile back in the league. He'll be a dangerous weapon for Miami.

If you think this isn't a good move, you don't know football.

16. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

paul greco, a host of a fantasy show with his 275 followers.

Of course the Texans are still alive. everyone is.

17. milo

milo Well-Known Member

Yeah this is the prediction I was seriously hoping to be wrong about.

18. I don't think there's any reason to panic. The guy is the premier FA of this entire pool and he knows it. This is also his first opportunity to choose where he wants to play,seemingly for the rest of his career. Money left on the table or not, it's still a decision worth alot of dough.

Every high profile we have signed in the past few years have all taken some time before signing on the dotted line. LT,Jason Taylor,Damien Woody,& even bart Scott after Rex's midnight express.

Would you rather Aso make a quick trigger decision and then change his mind at the last minute like say Antoine Winfield? If and when he says yes...I want it to be meaningful,clear headed and with a purpose.

19. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

especially if they bring in a real QB like Orton to get him the ball...

20. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Yea, he had that shitty Drew Brees guy getting him the ball on his old team...

Guys, Bush is a good back, but he's going to be splitting carries with Daniel Thomas. Who are you more afraid of... Ronnie and Ricky or Bush and Thomas? I'd much rather face the second pair.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.