2011 New York Jets Free Agency Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mr Electric, Jul 19, 2011.

1. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

That doesn't look like a reliable source. It looks like bullshit.

2. Fatman&Robin

Fatman&Robin Member

I can see Belichicken getting real tired of Fat Albert reaaaaaal fast.

3. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I can see a brawl happening in one of our games with them this year.

If he tries to hurt Sanchez, Bart Scott is going to run in from the sidelines and drop kick Haynesworth in the mouth.

4. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

He wont get close to Sanchez when we play them

5. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I'm worried about late hits, twisting an ankle in the pile, going for knees. That kind of bullshit.

I put nothing past hanyesworth. He's a dirty player. Wilfork is a choir boy compared to this douche.

Here's to him being a little girl all season.

6. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

you know the little bitch will try something. I'm worried about Nick Mangold frankly. Because those two will be under the pile together, and Haynesworth will probably try and break his ankles...

But you are right when we are bitch slapping them next year, I could see him and Vince going after Sanchez together...

7. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Take a swipe at one of ours we'll take a swipe at two of yours

8. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

They touch Sanchez, I'd tee off on Brady for a whole series. Just walk them to the endzone with late hit penalties.

Do not touch My Quarterback. The Mexican is lava.

9. PatPatriot

PatPatriot Member

Who's stopping him if he's lined up facing Ducasse in the 3-4?

10. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Double team?

11. PatPatriot

PatPatriot Member

Then Wilfork is getting to the QB. That's why you make that move to get Haynesworth. As us Patriots fans saw in the playoff loss to your team, getting pressure up the middle does wonders to make a QB uncomfortable.

12. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

The Patriots adding Haynesworth to Wilfork is like us trying to add Aso to Revis, it's making a strength a ridiculous forcefield. Running inside will be basically impossible on them.

13. carlito1171

carlito1171 Member

Man if Al does some bull shit to sanchez or mangold....bring in that 6'8 DE pitouita and tell him you don't walk off this field until that bitch boy Brady is in a stretcher....

I don't condone injuring players purposely but if you hurt one of ours....we gonna hurt one of yours...simple.....

14. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

You're just learning this now? :breakdance:

15. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

On the Fins: As far as I'm concerned, the Fins just downgraded at RB. Bush is not better than Brown or Williams, at least he hasn't produced like either of them have. He's a finesse runner that can't stay healthy. They are going to figure that out very soon. He needs a lot of open space to operate and if he doesn't have it? Bust central.

16. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Incorrect.

The Jets have faced tougher front 7s and ran the football fine.

Don't cower. Stand tall

17. PatPatriot

PatPatriot Member

Of course not. Most people equate a pass rush as blitzing a LB on the edge or up the middle. The Jets got pressure on Brady with mostly their interior linemen in the playoff game and made him move around without having to put a blitz on. Having Haynesworth and Wilfork will do wonders in that area.

It will also make guys like Jermaine Cunningham and Rob Ninkovich more effective if all the focus is on the guys inside.

18. I give the Patriots credit for making a bold "Low risk high reward" Tannenbaum-esque move. It's pretty obvious if things work out that can be just as if not more devastating as Aso-Revis could be.

But these moves always come with questions and with all of them you have to calculate the overall risks. Here are my questions:

1. Did Haynesworth restructure and/or drop clauses in his Washington contract? If he didn't, Patriots just commited to a huge chunk of cap space

2. Why all of a sudden is Haynesworth fine playing in a 3-4? I'm sure BB will throw together some 4-3 over and under looks..but they are still primarily gonna be a 3-4 team.

3. Along w/ Brandon Merriweather, the patriots now have 2 head stompers on thier team. I have no problm w/ a team adding an element of nastiness...but the media better not start their annual "Patriots are nothing but class" crap this season.

19. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I think its a great move when the Top team in your way loves to "Ground And Pound".

20. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

the way i see it...

Warren is taken care of by Brick, Mangold goes mano-a-mano with wilfork anyways. Moore and ducasse can handle big al. that leaves at least 1 guy in slauson who can cover the blitz and a back in the backfield for protection from their lack of pass rushers. So it is doable. but its not easy, even for our kick ass OL.