2011 New York Jets Free Agency Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mr Electric, Jul 19, 2011.

1. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Perfectly reasable assumption. If the Jets really do want to sign Asomugha, doing it or failing to do it is going to dictate how the Jets will continue in FA. The Asomugha question must be handled first.

2. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

@TheJetsStream Manish Mehta
    I've been told #Jets will work towards signing LB David Harris to a long-term deal next week. Harris has signed his franchise tender. #nyj

3. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Really not a fan of the way we are going about this. Not that we're going to end up screwed, but we might be painting ourselves into a corner by dragging our feet on the Aso thing. We've seen a good number of receivers go already, Braylon could be next. Cro might get an offer he can't turn down. Meanwhile, we're not willing to do anything until we see the outcome of the Aso situation.

We could very easily get burnt by Aso with no Braylon or Cro there to bail us out. Who is our 2nd corner? It would be a downgrade from Cro. Who would our 2nd receiver be? Cotchery? Can't go after Breaston anymore. A few people seem to think we have little chance at signing Moss. Plax looks like a lock to the Giants or Steelers.

This is of course the typical Jet fan doomsday scenario, but let's not act like it's not possible.

4. ItalianoBloodline

Can't wait to see it happen.

5. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

Why do you think the Jets are the ones dragging it out? There's plenty left out there.

6. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

Any young OLB situational pass rushers out there since, Barnes is gone?

7. BroadwayAaron

We aren't dragging it out, but we're dragging our feet on it. I probably should have used a better figure of speech... doh! I mean, we're waiting on Aso before doing anything else and that could very well cost us.

8. MagillaGuerilla

MagillaGuerilla New Member

Rotoworld added this, the last part seems important:

9. ItalianoBloodline

It's a two way street though.

By beeing a little too aggressive with FA additions, we could have already shot ourself in the foot... Making it impossible to sign Aso.

As of right now? Not only are Edwards and Cromarite still on the open market, but we still have a chance to form the greatest CB duo of all-time in Revis and Aso.

I'm not sure an NFL team has ever featured two of the best lockdown CB's on the same team. I wouldn't mind watching the Jets become the first team to do so.

Who's more important, Breaston or Aso? Exactly. Also... If Burress is a lock to go to Pitt or NYG to begin with, and people seem to think we have little chance at signing Moss... How does the Jets waiting on Aso change any of that?

10. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

You're acting like Rex and Tannenbaum are stupid.

11. ItalianoBloodline

Well... We did lock up Santonio Holmes asap if that counts for anything...

12. BroadwayAaron

No I'm not. I'm acting like they have no control over where Aso, Cromartie and Edwards sign or when they sign there.

And I'm very happy we did. I meant just on the rest of free agency. We still have a lot of question marks and holes and right now we're in a holding pattern on filling them. As of right now, we have no 2nd corner except Kyle Wilson. We have no 2nd receiver except Jerricho Cotchery or Scotty god damn McKnight. We have the answer to both holes, but we're waiting on the ULTIMATE answer for only one of them.

I can't stress enough how much I think getting Aso would absolutely be a good thing, I just don't want it to hurt is in other areas, or in ALL areas if the worst goes down.

13. desert swordz

desert swordz Totally Addicted

I'll never forget the way Braylon dragged 2 pats into the endzone with him during the playoffs, and his screaming after he scored the TD.

Whether we sign Nnamdi or not, after it's all said and done I hope we find a way to keep Braylon on this team. It just sucks thinking about how its not very probable, and he wants to be a Jet.

14. Mangold Goldman

Dude just calm down and breath. I know what you mean but you just gotta trust the front office, all of this is completely in their hands and their is nothing we can do. You know these guys know what they are doing, and they have proven time and time again that there is no reason to bet against them.

We are in good hands, In Tannenbaum we trust.

15. BroadwayAaron

Again, I'm not expecting the worst, I'm just pointing out a scenario that isn't all that impossible if "The Decision: Nnamdi Edition" doesn't go our way.

16. IATA

IATA Trolls

incarceratedbobincarcerated bob

Thought i could confirm Nnamdi news before u guys & gals would go 2sleep but Nnamdi has not made up mind.. Jets / Texans / 49ers / Seahawks

17. Mangold Goldman

Right i got you. But I wouldnt worry much about the others signing before Nnamdi makes up his mind. I dont think Nnamdi is the type to keep many waiting for too long, and there is that report that he will choose in the next 24 hrs.

Edwards, in my opinion, will wait just a bit longer to see what Nnamdi does because he wants to stay with us that bad.

And Cro will most likely wait for Nnamdi to set the market and go from there.

So I wouldnt worry too much man, if Nnamdi spurns us we should have options :beer:

18. ItalianoBloodline

Fine.

If he wants to lose for years on end with the Texans, 49ers and Seahawks... So be it. We'll continue to contend for a SB without Aso.

19. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

what a scoop

move over schefter incarcerated bob is coming to espn

20. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

just keep the Brinks truck rollin!