2011 New York Jets Free Agency Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mr Electric, Jul 19, 2011.

1. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

St Louis is still out there for him

2. bibigon

bibigon Member

No, but they had almost no free agents this year (while we had like 13 I think?). We haven't really upgraded yet either - just kept a piece on the roster we had from last year.

They're going to be fairly quiet this free agency period. They always are, and the one time they made some noise, it bit them in the ass with Adalius Thomas. They're gonna pick up some 3rd tier DE/OLB at best. Their cap room is going towards draft picks.

3. Coach K

Coach K New Member

and he should.

hes basically 4th or 5th on their list of priorities.

we lock up holmes to a huge deal and all he hears is us pursuing aso and nickelbacks.

its business though.

and the fact he seems to have taken it a bit personal further proves how much he prolly wanted to stay here

4. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

Listen to every Giant and Patriot fan. And to those saying it leaves holes on the rest of the team, you all need to trust the Front Office and the coaching staff. Do you not think they realize what they are doing and I think that both have done enough to earn out trust. I think giving Rex another weapon like Aso is like giving a crackhead free crack. Imagine the playbook that Rex can employ with two shutdown cornerbacks.

That and the solution for New England from their fans is to throw it over the middle to their wonderful tight ends.

5. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Right. He, too, should leave $$ on the table =)

6. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

I think he said he would leave a considerable amount of money on the table to be with the Jets. He may not even have the opportunity

7. A-11 Jets

A-11 Jets New Member

Half Full... Injuries happen, but he's 30 not 40, would just be the next player up. Always need depth but it's silly to hold back on improving the line up of the people out playing for you.

Besides, I believe K-dub is going to surprise some folks, if asked he'd do a good job on the outside. I like the idea of him continuing to learn the nickle spot with great mentors also. Not worried about corners this year.

I am just glad we are in the discussion, crazy in my mind. All the if's I'm thinking about right now can be applied to all the different options two shut down corners would bring to this defense.

8. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

rex's playbook will be one page and two words: SEND NINE

9. Inafalcs

Inafalcs Member

@RavensInsider: Antwan Barnes agreed to two-year deal with Chargers for $3.2 million, according to league source. #nyj

damn

10. JetFanInMD

JetFanInMD New Member

@JennyVrentas Jenny Vrentas
    Was on Jets' radar RT @RavensInsider: Antwan Barnes agreed to two-year deal with Chargers for $3.2 million, according to league source. #nyj

11. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

Damn.

Well... I'm sure Rex Ryan knew enough about his former player to say he wasn't worth more than 3.2 over 2. God that seems cheap to me, though.

12. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

@RavensInsider Aaron Wilson
    Jaguars showing 'significant' interest n Chris Carr, per a league source. Jets, Ravens in the mix, too.

13. MagillaGuerilla

MagillaGuerilla New Member

I wonder why Manny Lawson hasn't even got the tires kicked from anyone other than the Chargers?

His stats don't jump out on paper by any means, but his athleticism has to entice someone. Plus PFF had him on their 2011 breakout passrusher list using one of their formulas:

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/03/17/breaking-out-10-pass-rushers-to-watch/

14. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

Nnamdi talks have gotten a lot quieter now.. wonder if he's mulling over the different offers.

15. I doubt the Jets would turn to a cheaper, older option in Moss without at least seeing where Edwards is.

If they do, then there is some reason, not related to money, why the Jets want to turn the page.

16. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

There is always the possibility all the jets buzz was b.s. Too.

17. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

I don't think we can expect any free agent signing here until Asomugha signs. We're obviously making sure we have as much cap space as possible for him.

18. ItalianoBloodline

Maybe that's because Aso and the Jets already have a deal in place? Who knows, but I just have a strong feeling Aso ends up a Jet opposite of Revis.

19. ItalianoBloodline

If we miss out on Aso... Please god give us Cromartie over Chris Carr. He's such an overrated CB, and I'm one Jets fan who wants nothing to do with Carr.

20. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I haven't heard anyone label him anything more than he already is: a #2/nickel corner.