How about replacing Cro with Nnamdi? (Merged x67)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Titans, Jan 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Theo Huxtable

Theo Huxtable New Member

The Texans have been projected to be a good team the last 4 years...:lol:

2. rholt168

rholt168 Active Member

The Texans are really good in Madden....

3. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

That's what I originally thought too, but I think its gotta be awfully intriguing for him to come to NY with Revis, Rex, the NY market, etc. Plus, its not like we'd be paying him $37 and a sardine sandwich. He'll be set for life (not that he already isn't). I'm not saying it will happen, but I thought it was 0% chance a few weeks ago. i think differently now.

4. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

this is starting to get ridiculous.... the rumors are flying everywhere and I can't even begin to focus on anything else right now...

But the way i look at it is this... If Scrabble comes, fucking awesome. If he doesn't, we still have a shit ton of money to play with which should get us Edwards back, and possibly Dawan Landry if we can pry his loyal ass out of Baltimore.

Either way we win big.

5. Pick6Revis

Pick6Revis New Member

Now the hard part ... We wait

6. Theo Huxtable

Theo Huxtable New Member

Also, Texas fucking sucks in general.

7. At this point if the money is right w/ Asso and he can live w/ 12 mill a year...He'll be a jet. Once Tanny and this front office make a player a priority and get the money portion agreed upon...they are the best at sealing the deal.

8. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

If we can take what we've heard and what we know, I can't see money having anything to do with his decision. He knows he's going to be fairly compensated, no matter where he goes. He's already set for life on the money he got from Al Davis, and that was all he got out of it. He wants to have a career as an actor after his playing days, so its not like he just wants to play golf for the next 50 years; so why would he need to go for every dime he can get instead of playing where he wants with and for who he wants (with Revis for Rex in NYC) I don't see any way this doesn't happen.

And its almost unfair to do that to every other team in the league. Hate it for them.

9. dougj13

dougj13 New Member

So Aso could make $12mil/year in NY, or $15mil/year in Houston, SF, etc... Wouldn't that extra $3mil/year be more than offset by all of the extra sponsorship money he would make in NYC? I feel he and Revis would absolutely blow up endorsement-wise if they played together...

#729 dougj13, Jul 27, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2011
  10. rholt168

rholt168 Active Member

This come down to like Brad Richards signing with the Rangers. He took less so he could play for a coach he liked and a place he wanted to play.

11. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

So we could potentially THANK Al Davis for giving Aso a downpayment to play in NY? Maybe it would make up for cranking up Revis' value.

12. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

I was just about to post something similar to this.

Whatever money Nnamdi leaves on the table to sign with the Jets, he'll probably recoup (or at least nearly compensate for) in endorsements in the the NY market, as well as setting up himself to make money in his post-playing career.

13. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

That would be funny.

Aso should pull a George Lucas. Take low money from the Jets but ask for merchandising rights. The jerseys and bobble head dolls will put him over the top!

14. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

yeah hell Woody could say to him we can only pay you 12 mill in NY but, I can probably find you another 3-5 in endorsements...

Hell for all I care, woody can make him the Johnson and Johnson posterboy to make up the extra money if thats what it takes...

15. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

Is the money tax free in Texas? I seem to remember this being a plus for them when they were trying to sign cliff lee last offseason. But....we all know that didnt matter when he signed with Philly anyway.

16. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

I'm starting an email campaign. Write your congressman! Tax loophole for Aso!!!!

17. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

You know what else is funny about this? If we sign Nnamdi for 12 million... When Revis' deal expires, his value doesnt actually increase. His own contract would be the one to beat, and he won't get 20 million a year 2 years from now! Added bonus for us if we can bring him into the fold....

18. dmarz45

dmarz45 Well-Known Member

Revis and Aso have talked to Rex last year at the Pro Bowl about playing together.. they are good friends and they wanna do a Wade\Lebron type deal lol

19. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

It's not like Houston and SF are small markets. I don't think the endorsement differences would be as big as they might have been 10 or 15 yrs ago. Those who get the huge endorsements would get them anywhere in the NFL.

Even though the endorsement money won't be that much different, the name recognition he'll get in NY will be far greater than he got in Oakland, Houston, and SF. I think that may be worth even more for him down the road than the minuscule difference in endorsement $$ while he's playing.

All that said, I still think he follows the $$...

20. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I too have that feeling that Aso is going to see some time as safety this season.

It makes too much sense. He can hit like a truck. His instincts are elite.

I want to see Wilson on the outside more. He's the long term CB. If the Jets don't resign their safeties, I can see Aso playing FS in plenty of packages.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.