*** New Members Please Read/Introduce Yourself ***

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WhiteShoeWillis, Aug 12, 2010.

1. Southtexasjetsfan

Southtexasjetsfan New Member

Hello gang green. I hope this freaking lockout is going to be over as if NFL players don't make enough already. It's sad societies real heroes make only a fraction of NFL players salary.

2. curtis

curtis New Member

Hey, I'm new. I'm not going to post just to arbitrarily increase my comment count, just an FYI.

Born and raised a Jets fan, but I live out in the midwest, so I haven't been able to see a game in a long time.

3. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

welcome to the board.

You're post count will increase a lot faster than you think, if you participate in the discussions(The BS forum posts don't count though). :)

4. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

I'm not sure how one goes about increasing their comment count but welcome to the board man...

5. Pundit

Pundit New Member

What Rex needs to do

It looks as if the NFL players and owners will have a new CBA in place shortly. It's been said the Free Agency period will be fast and furious. Presonally, I dont think The Jets need to spend much time going after FA's. They already have the players to win it all. All they need to do is sign key guys like Holmes and Edwards.

So if they already have the right players, what is it that they need to do to put them over the top, and take home a Lombardi trophy? It's simple. Rex needs to become one mean SOB.

Think about this. Besides winning The Super Bowl, what do HC's like Bellichick, Parcells, Cowher, Vince Lombardi, Mike Tomlin and Mike Ditka have in common? They all are or were snarling mean bastards. Even Rex's old man Buddy was a mean SOB. You can easily see on TV that Rex is a nice guy. Always got that Rex smile on his face. Lose that smile Rex! Let the players know you're not going to tolerate a DUI, or any other type of distraction. While with The Giants, Parcells cut Elvis "Toast" Paterson for being late to a team meeting. Do you remember Cowher standing on the sideline with that scowl on his face?? Ditka almost got into a fist fight with a heckler. The uproarious laughter in the team dining room during the training camp AFTER the Pack had won Super Bowl One fell silent when Vince Lombardi walked in the room. Rex, all ya need to do is read a little bit about those guys. You'd be amazed at the results it gets.

6. zllehs

zllehs New Member

I'm new too!
    got tired of the official NY jets forums on NFL.com so went searching and found this one

I love how active it is and all the green lol

priority #1 is to quickly get to 50 posts so i can post in the "ADOPT-A-JET" thread to ask for a Chad Pennington sig and avi lol

7. CarlDouglas

CarlDouglas Member

Greetings from sunny Wales. Wrexham in north east Wales, to be specific.

I've been following the Jets for 25 years on TV over here in the UK but I've promised myself I'll get over to a game soon.

I've got family in NY, hence the connection to the Jets. I suppose I could have followed that other team that wears blue but I'm not an idiot so I went green. I also saw the Mets play back in '82 on my only trip to the States so I figured there was a connection there too.

For those of you that don't know, TV coverage of the NFL is pretty good over here. The International Series games at Wembley attract great interest too. I guess the Jets will need to pay for their share of new stadium first before they start giving up home games to come to London. Who knows, maybe they will come as a visiting team one year.

8. Morrison44

Morrison44 New Member

Greetings from Canada. I came across your site and instantly loved it. I've been a Jets fan ever since I wore my fathers bright green Jets t-shirt. I've seen them play a couple times but never in New York. I am currently planning a trip to the home opener. We plan on driving the 10plus hours and see a game first hand, my girlfriend and I. I just wanted to say hi and I look forward to being an active and contributing member of the board!

9. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Welcome to the board, fellas.

10. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Human stupidity knows no bounds. It's really amazing.

11. Teenager of the Year

Hello everyone!

Held off signing up until it looked like there would be football and related threads to join in with, fan since the 80`s and have been reading this board for what has to be pushing 10 years now!

12. BCWhite13

BCWhite13 New Member

New guy here. I go where the military sends me, but I keep up with the Jets as much as I can.

13. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

Welcome to the board man, and thank you for your military services. Any person in the service I have high respect for.

14. blanter1

blanter1 New Member

Hello ganggreen

15. NJjets1981

NJjets1981 New Member

Jets fan since birth. Grew up with the Sack Exchange, Ken Obrien, Al toon and Wesley Walker. Grew up in North East Jersey till I was 25, now living in Philly. And yes, I wanna come home! I love what Rex has been doing with the team, I like the Jets swagger and attitude. Much better than the early 90s days of betting in Wk 1 how high our draft pick will be by next season. For the record, I love Vinny Testaverde, and since DAY 1 HATE with all my passion and soul Chad Pennington. I knew he'd never lead us to a championship game, and anyone can be accurate throwing 5 yd passes his whole life. Plus, you sneeze near him and he's out for the season. Either way, I BLEED GREEN and always will, and look forward to spending this season and many more with the legion of GANG GREEN!! I need to learn the ropes of this message board, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

16. Badom

Badom New Member

Hi there,

My nickname is Badom. I am french and living in Paris. I have been a Jets fan for now 5 years after spending 6 months in NYC. My favorite player is Cotchery and I believe in Mark Sanchez potential to become a Top 10 QB this year.

17. Jim

Jim New Member

New

Hey my name is Jim and I'm new here. I have been a jets fan my whole life but moved to Dallas when I was younger. My dad and watched all the games on directv but now that I live at college I no longer get to see many games but always keep up with the games instead of studying.

You guys are doing a great job with this forum, lots of great information here.

18. iowajetsfan81

iowajetsfan81 New Member

Just joined the site. I am one of the few true jets fans in Iowa. Can't wait for the season to start. I go to a local bar to watch all the Jets games. Last year I was able to watch them with LT's wifes uncle. Go JETS!

19. AarontheJet

AarontheJet Active Member

Hello, Gang Green. I'm a passionate and loyal fan of our Green & White. I hope to be able to bring good discussion to the boards and talk Jets football.

J-E-T-S! JETS! JETS! JETS!

20. RedstickJetfan

RedstickJetfan New Member

Hey GangGreen,
    I'm a Lifelong Jets fan transplanted to the deep south of America. It's kinda hard to get good NYJ info down here, so I often come here for info. Great website! :jets: