The battle for Holmes

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsFanDoc, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Fatman&Robin

Fatman&Robin Member

It'll be interesting to discover what our offer to Cromartie is. He's fielding a bunch of offers apparently...I hope we don't get into a bidding war, he's not worth it. I personally would prefer signing Holmes at all costs and then negotiating with Edwards. Let Cromartie walk, I truly think Wilson can step up.

2. JetFanInMD

JetFanInMD New Member

@AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
    More Plaxico-to-the-Giants speculation. Plaxico Burress and the Giants have been talking for a good portion of today.

3. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

From schefter makes it a little more credible. I find it hard to beleive though.

4. Fatman&Robin

Fatman&Robin Member

Whats Fatty going to say about this, such a high-class organization!!

5. Coach K

Coach K New Member

yeah i heard earlier PLENTY of teams have been calling Cro with the raiders of course offering the most im guessing 10m/yr

but yeah i would much rather have edwards/holmes over cro.

only cause we just drafted wilson and can sign a nickelback

not to mention knowing rex MO i assume we draft a cb early every few years. lol

6. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

I really hope we keep Cro and Holmes.

7. joe

joe Well-Known Member

The Jet 'kid' QB's development brings this team to the next level in the big game. Think maybe Tanny/Rex asked Marc the: "who are you more comfortable with?" question during the impasse? (with an option for 'both'?......i.e. knowing "both" means letting having to let Cromartie go?). I dunno.

imho, keeping Holmes as priority #1 and Braylon would serve best in a perfect world and keep the 'continuity-target' intact for the kid.

On the other side of the ball, Rex will figure out how to put a 'D' on the field.

We kept Greeen Bay (their injuries notwithstanding that day) in single digits...and yet, even with Cro, we gave up 30+ vs. Cutler...I'll let Tanny/Rex figure that one out.

Me? I want the bookends (with Holmes as priority #1) out there for Sanchez, with Cotchery-guts (who along with Santonio won the Browns game) as the 3rd option....along with Jeremy 'TCU' as the 2nd-tier pass options..not too shabby.

Keller? still valuable, dependant on how an opponent DC's game is scripted or more to the point, still a late-game weapon should an opposition DC's 2nd half adjust against Santonio/Braylon...whatever, fwiw, at one time he did serve as Farve's favorite safety valve when the Jets (during the era of their beatdown of 10-0 TN at TN) had ESPN citing the 8-3 Jets as AFC/SB bad asses. ...and SD. imho, I wouldn't be surprised if he (like Crotch) nailed a clutch catch that led to the ultimate prize somewhere along the way. jmho.

8. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Da man suhved his time...jus let da guy play football. Da man needed a job in dees tough ecahnomic times and da Mara's opened up der hearts for dis guy. How anybudy could compah it to da Jets is assahnine.

9. JetFanInMD

JetFanInMD New Member

I thought it was "ecahnawmic"

10. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

11. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

That very well could have happened. The FO asked Sanchez who he feels more comfortable throwing to.

Let's face it. Holmes owned the 4th quarter in almost every game he played in.

I think Tone makes Sanchez better than Braylon does. And now that Sanchez is ready to take the next step, its about surrounding him with the best weapons.

Of course, if the Jets can get both WR back - fuckin do it.

12. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

So how much do you think we offered Holmes?

Santana Moss got $15 million over three years with $6 million guaranteed from the Redskins. So they are out of the bidding for Holmes.

13. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

how are they out of the bidding?

Because the signed a #2 WR?

That doesn't mean they're out of the bidding. not until it is reported.

#253 NDmick, Jul 27, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2011
  14. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Thats a real stretch to pull that stat out and use it junc. Im not sure where some are coming from on this topic but Holmes basically carried this team on his back to pull out wins that surely would have been loses.

Taking a 4 game sample and using that? Not sure how that adds up to logic.

Many long time Jet fans on this site. Teams develop a character that follows them even though the players change...the coaches change...and even the owners change.

The Jets, for decades, have been filled with collapses on one side of the ball or the other.

The Jets had a stretch where they were about to fall into the S.O.J. and Holmes single handedly, pulled a few rabbits out of his hats and turned sure losses into wins. A variable that is rare and hard to find in this league.

He is a MUST sign for Sanchez....or Tanny would have to pull a major rabbit out of a huge hat to equal what he brought to this team IMO.

15. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

The guy already said he is going to the highest bidder. If you don't want to play for the New York Fucking Jets then just kick rocks mother fucker. The Jets made it to the afccg with out him and they can do it again. No need to be devastated if he does not return Holmes is not and will not be the New York Fucking Jets.

16. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

Redskins just signed Barry Cofield (you can find a source in one of these threads). It's hard to believe that the Redskins would be signing all these mid-level guys if they really believed they had a shot at Holmes.

17. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

How much does a number one WR cost these days.

How much is too much for Holmes

18. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

This. It's absolutely laughable to think they're out on Holmes simply because of their offer to Moss. No way the Raidskins are finished with Holmes yet.

19. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

A mid-level guy for 6 years at 6 million per. Crazy.

20. BleednGreen247

.... fire schitty