How about replacing Cro with Nnamdi? (Merged x67)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Titans, Jan 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NEJets

NEJets Member

On Texans board, people are talking about 4 year, $16M per deal for him. I doubt we can match that contract. Oh, well, just of these wet dreams.

2. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

I can't see there being enough money for this to happen. If it does yay, if not I didn't expect it anyhow.

I will say this dude is fucking nuts if he stays with that crapfest for any amount of money.

3. DisgruntledLionFan

DisgruntledLionFan Active Member

I understand the Aso spooge fest in here because he's an elite player, but I'm surprised that there isn't much talk of Joseph, at least that I've seen. You'd figure he'd be a nice fit and while not as good as NA, he'd also be much cheaper.

Personally, I hope the Jets land Aso because that will be interesting to watch on a weekly basis.

4. PatPatriot

PatPatriot Member

If you don't think Nmandi is going to get every last dollar, then I'm not sure what you are thinking. The Jets' cap right now won't support the type of deal he's going to command. He's going to be worth at least $13-$15 million or more per year.

5. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

i don't think you see Joseph talk until Aso signs and sets the top tier price level

6. mute

mute Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

It would be nice to see and I hope it does happen.

7. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

"Why isn't my bag of 20s a bag of 50s!?"

According to Sage Steele ESPN, Cro is looking for $8 million, found at 1:24 of this video:
    http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/sto...onio-holmes-talks-nnamdi-asomugha-sources-say

It'll be interesting to see how close Asomugha is willing to come to that number.

#527 CatoTheElder, Jul 26, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2011
  8. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Lol Joseph would be a hell of an alternate. He is even 3 years younger.

9. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I don't know how to say this without it sounding like I think signing Aso is a bad idea, because I don't think it is... but what money are we spending to stop the run/pressure the QB? What money are we spending to cover tight ends in the middle of the field? You know, two of the biggest things that have kept us from the Superbowl the past two years.

Revis and Aso would certainly make covering the middle of the field easier and give the front 7 time to get to the QB, but I would be far from heartbroken if we don't end up with Aso. Especially if we can keep any combo of Eric Smith, Braylon Edwards or Brodney Pool because of it.

10. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

- Just drafted 2 D-Lineman to help with stopping the run & the pass rush (K. Ellis, Wilkerson)

- with Revis & Aso potentially shutting down the outside, you can flood the middle with your safeties and other CBs (much like they did to shut down the Patriots in the playoffs) to defend the inside receivers and TEs

11. DisgruntledLionFan

DisgruntledLionFan Active Member

He might be a better alternative.

It's an interesting discussion considering cost and the Jets cap situation. Just surprised I haven't seen it mentioned.

Revis and Aso would be ridiculously fun to watch, though.

12. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Understood and understood, but:

-I'm not ready to say we can stop the run now because we drafted two guys that play a position in which they can be a factor in stopping the run.

-If you blow your wad on Aso and Holmes you're going to be missing some of those guys that you can flood the middle with and potentially a Bryan Thomas (although Westermann is waiting in the wings).

Again, I didn't know how to say that without sounding like I DON'T want Aso, I'm just saying, it's far from the worst thing if we don't get him.

13. inSANITy

inSANITy Banned

I see rex using aso to cover tight ends in passing downs if thy hv a dominant giy like hernandez Or clark

14. Petey

Petey Active Member

Please tell me your keyboard is broken and/or you're inebriated.

15. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I feel stupid for even entertaining the thought of Aso coming here. I mean, I'd LOVE that to happen, but how the fuck could it? We have so many FAs to retain, let alone landing the top defensive FA out there.

IF it were to happen, methinks it'd have to be a one year deal, a shot at the SB. How could any team pay both Revis and Aso long term?

16. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

Why would a 30 year old player with a shot to make upwards of $15 mil a year for 4 or more sign a one year contract? That would just be fiscally irresponsible.

17. PRPitbull

PRPitbull Active Member

9 in the box my friend. The football field is basically reduced to the insides of the hashes. Shit with that kinda coverage, i'd have Conner knocking the shit out of o-linemen to open holes for Harris and the human concussion E Smith

18. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

You think he'll suck next year and drain his value? Or that being 31 will scare teams off from giving him a deal that they would have at 30? Like I said, I don't think it will happen. That's just the only realistic way the NYJ could get him and retain key FAs of their own.

19. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

Let's say he gets hurt then what happens...

20. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

That would change things, but it hasn't stopped guys from chasing a ring before. Again, this is why I'd eat a bowl of paper clips if he signed with the Jets. He ain't signing a multi-year deal with us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.