How about replacing Cro with Nnamdi? (Merged x67)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Titans, Jan 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coach K

Coach K New Member

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

u dont have enough money for travel or ammo to take out 1/3 of the board

2. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

The Jets are under the cap including Harris' 10 million franchise and with a Sanchez restructure combined with some other cuts would probably have enough for Holmes and Asomugha (Aso would only come here if he agreed to take less so I'm taking that into account). Ellis can be signed using that new exception for veterans.

3. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

epic win :breakdance:

4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Anyone willing to break the bank and ruin future seasons to make a run this year? Cause I think I would. I want a Championship bad.

5. Mh28102

Mh28102 New Member

If Revis agrees to restructure his contract a bit.....Nnamdi will be a Jet.

I have a feeling Cro is going to ask for around double what he is worth

6. Coach K

Coach K New Member

hes expecting around 8M i hear

which is pretty much what i expected his market value to be.

7. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

It is quite simple, how badly does NA want to win? He has 5/6 good years left at best. If he wants to win, he is not going to sign with the Texans, Niners, etc..

He is already filthy rich, and the Jets, Ravens, Cowboys can still pay him 10-12 million, which is not iffy.

And, if that is the case, he has always said he wants to play with Revis, and the Jets core is more set for a prolonged run than the Cowboys and Ravens.

So, with him, its about whether he wants every penny he can get (like Cro), or whether he actually wants to win. If he goes to the Texans or Niners, it will say everything you need to know about him, and will mean he is not a player who we should have pursued to begin with.

8. bucknasty

bucknasty Member

If cro get 8 mill there is not shot of us even sniffing asomugha

9. Mh28102

Mh28102 New Member

Revis has a base salary of 6-7.5 million throughout his contract with a huge bonus for 2011 only. Why cant we do that with Nnamdi? Load his contract on later on.

10. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Jets are not going to give him 10 million a year. That is insane.

11. Coach K

Coach K New Member

considering the rumors everywhere about Aso's market rate being 15-20 mil id say ya.

thats why i stressed market rate when hitting Cro with 8

12. Drew

Drew Active Member

I don't see why Aso going to the Texans would be a greedy move... They are a contender without him, he'd be great there, plus they have the money to offer. It's a good fit. It's just a matter of does he really want to be a Texan?

13. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

The Texans are not a contender. They wont get by Peyton for another 2/3 years, and even if they do, so what? They are not as good as the Jets, Pats, Steelers, Ravens, and Chargers.

In other words, things really have to break right for the Texans to even get to where the Jets are in the near future.

14. Jets Dan

Jets Dan New Member

I would think we can't afford another DB that can expect the sort of money the Raiders' DB can. Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing Cro go if it means having both Braylon and Santonio return. Sanchez has established timing and comfort with them, an important factor for a 3rd-year QB. Also, Cro led the team in penalties and got torched for 7 TDs. Can't help but wonder how Leonhard will play. I also wouldn't mind seeing E. Smith go, either. Hope we successfully shore up our O and D lines and get another good OLB.

15. Coach K

Coach K New Member

they just beefed up the front seven this draft, Wade Philips is back in the role he belongs as DC and the only weak unit there is the secondary and maybe LB coverage.

the texans arent that bad they just need a defense that can help out their fantasy football all star offense. lol

your right i understand ppls comments if the texans were utter shit but aso would make a drastic difference for the texans.

a place where i think hed be overpaid is Tampa Bay. you dont pay a CB that much to run a cover 2

16. Mh28102

Mh28102 New Member

Check Phillip Buchannon's- twitter\\ love my twitter family.. I will keep you guys updated... #Redskins or #Jets??

What does this mean to Aso?

17. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

He wants to be a Jet though, and that favors us a ton and we NEED to sign guys like this when we have the chance. Especially if he takes a lil less (half million) then yea sign him no doubt.

18. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

When you have game changers and play makers like they do (Mario Williams, Andre Johnson, Arian Foster, potentially Nnamdi Asomugha) you have a chance to win every game.

19. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Nnamdi's last deal was 3 years, $45 million. Granted, it's Oakland, but $10 million is not outlandish. Revis got 4 yrs, $46 million, and he wasn't a free agent, so his only leverage was holding out.

20. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

That 3rd down penalty against the Steelers haunts me....what if we had stopped them to start the game? we get the ball back and we score and its us 7-0 and not them. Instead they got the first down because of pass interference and then drained a ton of time and then scored a TD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.