How about replacing Cro with Nnamdi? (Merged x67)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Titans, Jan 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Good I want Cromartie back, Nnamdi would be nice but Cromartie played well.

2. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

That would be one hell of a coup. I go back and forth on it myself. I would sacrifice Braylon (and obviously Cromartie) to bring in Nnamdi. What Nnamdi could do to our defense is scary. God forbid we ever get a real pass rusher.

I trust Tannenbaum. If he brings in Nnamdi, I will have the biggest smile on my face. It means that we got the 2nd best cornerback in the NFL on our roster, and our salary cap guru thinks we can get him in here without hurting the team a ton elsewhere.

3. JetFanInMD

JetFanInMD New Member

4. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Just like I said, Jets are talking to em, this will get interesting, very interesting.

5. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Well, everyone assumed the Jets would talk to him. Nnamdi to the Jets rumors have been around forever, with Revis being a big part of it. Plus, there's no reason not to talk to him. We need a cornerback, and he's the best available.

6. bibigon

bibigon Member

Seriously. I bet you 20 teams in the league have put in a call to Nnamdi. No reason not to kick the tires...

7. 624

624 Banned

If the contract is reasonable then my outlook on Nnamdi to the Jets would completely change..
    (obviously)

8. Windeos

Windeos Member

I think we are using Nnamdi Asomugha as a 2nd option or back up (how crazy is that). We look like we want all 3 Holmes Edwards and Cro back but in the event Holmes goes elsewhere I think we would look to sign Edwards and Asomugha while letting Cro move on.

It's good that were at least exploring Asomugha and keeping the channels of communication open with all the players were interested in. I'm excited!!

9. bibigon

bibigon Member

What do you define as reasonable? Lets say he wants Revis's exact deal? (Which I think is a big deal to players. The few extra million may not mean a lot to their lifestyles, but it matters for ego...)

10. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Aso's not a backup plan, if the numbers are right he'll be a Jet and either Edwards or Holmes won't.

11. Coach K

Coach K New Member

lol this is how the very select few rational posters here feel.

id go APESHIT if we got him it just seems ridiculous to tie up that money at CB when you dont even have a legit edge rusher.

unless theyre just counting on having 5 seconds to hit the QB all day

12. Windeos

Windeos Member

The only reason i said back up was due to the fact Holmes and Cro are reported to have recieved an offer from us, do you really believe we'd be offering a deal to Cro and still be after Nnamdi?

13. AJayJay

AJayJay New Member

RichCimini Rich Cimini
    #Jets are in negotiations with Santonio Holmes, per source. Also talking with Nnamdi Asomugha. Could they pull off a daily double? #nyj

I fucking hate Cimini but god damn if this happens.

14. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Could be lowballing him. Besides, this period lasts until Friday where it's just talk. Nobody's accepting a first offer.

15. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

i would cry in hapiness

16. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Can we possibly sign Holmes and Nnamdi? Ive been assuming that if we sign Nnamdi, then we will sign Edwards because he is cheaper than Holmes.

We will need money for Harris and Shaun Ellis but things are loosening up though now that Wayne Hunter is signed? (Im not concerned about the Punter or Kicker) If we sign Nnamdi and Holmes, Ellis would be gone but would we have enough money Harris?

17. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

If we somehow manage to sign both Holmes and Asomugha and somebody has the gall to complain about losing Edwards, I will find where you live and fucking shoot you.

18. Windeos

Windeos Member

Yeh I totally agree with you, for the record I want nothing to do with Cro, if we sign Holmes and Nnamdi there will be sex wee everywhere

19. Coach K

Coach K New Member

exactly. the only reason im expecting something is the top tier guys will always start bidding wars and agents always love to make it sound like theres a pen waiting for the next best offer by the fax machine.

either way

1 of edwards and holmes

and a CB/S

ill be good to go.

the edge rushers in this fa period are severely underwhelming coincidentally being our biggest need aside from WR

20. emania55

emania55 Member

Actually we save money by signing Harris since we will most likely sign him to a smaller deal than the franchise tag.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.