2011 New York Jets Free Agency Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mr Electric, Jul 19, 2011.

1. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Merry Christmas guys! Free agency!

2. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Need rumors now!!!!!!!!!!

3. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

Someone in the Jets front office better get me that beast Manning!!1111!!!!!!
    Sanchez sucks!!111 He throw too much.

Get Aso!!!1111
    Mevi$ is get dayum sloppy fatzzz. I don't like his beard!

4. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

If you use the right arsenal it can be fun for hours!

5. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Interesting. It sounds like there are more plans on the table besides "resign our own guys" if you ask me. "Making the team better" implies changes, so if I had to put tons of stock into one quote I would say they plan on letting one of the two walk and signing someone or trading for someone.

6. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

It's refreshing to know the FO is going to make the team better. I rest assure now.

7. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

This is much better than the stupid labor issues we've had to deal with over the last several months!

8. milo

milo Well-Known Member

+ 1,000,000

9. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I don't know, I kind of miss Sal Palantonio and co. outside the offices in NY, DC and Atl:eek:hmy::smile:

10. DCanadian

DCanadian Active Member

But teams can't actually sign Free Agents today, right?

11. casman02

casman02 New Member

Teams can negotiate with them starting now, but cannot officially sign until Friday at 6PM

12. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Despite not being able to offer as much money as other teams, the New York Jets could make a nice offer to free agent Anamdi Asomugha: a post career.

Asomugha has made no secret of his interest in acting after his NFL career comes to an end; and there is no better place than New York to get your feet wet.
    ESPN’s Chris Mortensen pointed out that Asomugha wants to act when he’s done playing football, and although there are teams like the Houston Texans who will probably offer more money than the Jets, Asomugha could be swayed by the lure of New York.

“Asomugha is interesting because the Houston Texans, probably, are going to make him the biggest offer,” Mortensen said. “Yet you keep hearing that Nnamdi wants to go somewhere where he can begin to focus on his post-playing career, even though he’ll give his all as he’s playing, and he has a great interest in being an actor, whether it’s in theater or whatever, and that could factor into it.”

Keep in mind that Asomugha has already appeared in TV shows like Friday Night Lights and The Game.

If the Jets were smart, they would have some directors on hand when making their pitch to Nnamdi. I’m sure head coach Rex Ryan will talk about his cameo on CSI:NY and the teams exposure from Hard Knocks.

Maybe Mangini can be there to talk about his Sopranos performance.

http://thejetpress.com/2011/07/26/why-nnamdi-asomugha-will-pick-the-new-york-jets/

13. JETSJETSJETS17

JETSJETSJETS17 Well-Known Member

Isn't it funny how the Patriots are one of the "rumored" teams in every player we are targeting?

Patriots... Fuck them.

14. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Come on Tanny - you've had several minutes to secure some free agents.

15. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I may be crazy but I see Holmes Aso and Moss(GOD I HATE HIM) being Jets. I think Aso is less interested in $ and more into winning and his after football career.
    The fact that he already got a Hugh payday I think helps us.

16. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

I'm thinking the same thing, altho I think we'll be making some cuts to make that happen. Moss still commands a double team which'll open things up underneath for Holmes as well as taking that 8th man out of the box.

17. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

The only reason I could see Moss and Holmes being Jets is because they both have the same agent. I can see it being a package deal kind of thing where Holmes gets a fair salary and the Jets guarantee one of his other clients decent money plus a shot for both of them to win rings. That works for the Jets, works for the client and drives up business for the agent (like he needs it).

Not saying I WANT that to happen, but I wouldn't toss it out the window as an impossible scenario.

18. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

adam schein said moss is not on the jets radar. they could have interest in plax though.

19. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

If there is a beacon of hope regarding Aso I think it's this:

The guy will have a ton of money regardless of which team he chooses. If he goes to the Jets though, him and Revis will instantly become the most prolific cornerback tandem ever and may possibly create a defense as heralded as the '85 Bears or 2000 Ravens. Instead of getting paid ludicrous cash on a second-rate team for the rest of his career, he can become an NFL legend and multiple Super Bowl winner on the Jets. Revis went from a relative nobody to a media all-star corner in the span of a year. Asomugha can become legendary under Rex's wing and the bright lights of NYC.

Maybe.

20. Talisman

Talisman Active Member

If it came down to it, I wouldn't mind a Plax/Holmes combo, but I'd still prefer to keep Holmes and Braylon. Don't like the idea of Plax/Braylon though...