2011 New York Jets Free Agency Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mr Electric, Jul 19, 2011.

1. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

A guy like Edwards is certainly capable of it.

It's not going to happen, I'm just daydreaming. Every Vikings game I've watched over the past 3 or 4 years, this guy is at the center of everything.

2. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Shame on Ray Edwards for being surrounded by talent.

3. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

I have to agree with you here, but he tweeted this not too long ago:
    @RichCimini Balt Sun speculating that #Jets could sign NT Kelly Gragg, cut by Ravens. Gragg a Rex Ryan favorite. Jets already have Pouha, K Ellis at NT

4. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I'd prefer both Wayne Hunter and Woody brought back, TC battle for the job, but it ain't a perfect world.

5. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

All I know is that he's never had more than 5 sacks without Jared Allen on the other side.

6. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

3 nose tackle front, and jenkins ghost.

7. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

Familiarity with the defense? At 34, Gregg is nothing but depth I would assume.

8. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Edwards also plays next to Kevin Williams, who's one of the best defensive tackles in the game.

He's a run-stopper...always has been, always will be. The guy's a tackle/end tweener that proved he's athletic enough to play in the 4-3.

9. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

Ummm, which is why I said he's not a good fit for our scheme and hasn't proved himself as a pass rusher?

10. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

I was just daydreaming. I like Edwards, but we're not getting him. I'd rather we keep our own. Let's move on...

11. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I commented on your little comment about him only being good because he was surrounded by talent.

That's false.

12. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

About Woody... the problem isn't his talent or age but his injury.
    Look at Pitoitua (same injury, torn achilles tendon). For him the recovery will last about a year and ahalf and he's way younger than Woody.

I think Woody will retire because he won't be ready for the season... I'd love to have him back but the doctors will have the last say here, not the coaches.

13. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Woody is done guys. Injuries. Move along. Thankfully we have some good guys on the OL who should be ready step it up this season. Apparently Vlad has been a monster all off season working on his technique and packing on even more muscle to his already HUGE frame.

14. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

If BT becomes a cap causality then we would see a competition for the outside backer position where I would love to see Westerman win it.

15. Murrell2878

If we had mini camps we would have a better understanding if Ducasse would be able to fill the RT position. But because we didn't we will have to bring back either Hunter or Woody - if not both.

16. Murrell2878

If we lose Edwards and Cromartie we should inquire about Carlos Rogers and Malcom Floyd. I'm not sure what type of salaries they would command but I would imagine both would be cheaper than Edwards and Cromartie.

17. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

The only way we let BT go is if we have a plan at OLB like Roth or Barnes.

Agree... those two would be cheaper (although both a downgrade) but good options.

18. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I want one more run for The Big Katt!

19. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Just out of curiosity, has Sanchez restructuring his contract been mentioned anywhere else besides fan websites? In fact, I think I remember Sanchez saying he WOULDN'T restructure his contract. I just don't get why so many people are betting on this like it's a sure thing and factoring it in to how much space we'll have come Friday. I think a lot of hearts are going to be broken when he's still making $17 mil and we're losing one of Holmes or Edwards with Cro and Smith out the door already.

20. nixhead

nixhead Banned

Nnamdi Asomugha and Sidney Rice - that would be a nice combo of signings. Rice will come cheaper than Holmes and is alot younger. Holmes and the bidding war for him - might be wise for the Jets to let him go. I would be happy with Asomugha and Braylon Edwards. I'm greedy - I want the Jets to secure 2 of the top 10 free agents - maybe 3.
    Why - cause these are the Rex Ryan Jets and we are building a superbowl winning team!