2011 New York Jets Free Agency Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mr Electric, Jul 19, 2011.

1. ManlyGenius

ManlyGenius New Member

Unless there are injuries that we don't know about, LdT and Thomas are the only cuts that make much sense--we already did this with the Gholston/Taylor/Jenkins/Woody/Hartsock bloodletting

2. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

Nah,, don't need that..... I can throw ya a little Jet highlight for each guy if you wish, also.

3. IATA

IATA Trolls

perogieative

[​IMG]

4. #28Martin

LdT would really annoy me if they cut him... Like him, still think he's a bargain.

5. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Good stuff...I wonder if Tannenbaum will look to use this extra cash - although what is the effect in future years?

6. Theo Huxtable

Theo Huxtable New Member

i can name ever team in all the nfl nba mlb mls nhl since ,,,1890

7. ManlyGenius

ManlyGenius New Member

You can use up to 3 million in cash in 2011 but it reduces your cap by 3 million in some (as yet undisclosed) future year, probably 2013. (You can also "borrow" 1.5 million in extra cap space in 2012).

8. GatorGar

GatorGar Active Member

A perfectly good thread is being ruined because the shortbus arrived.

9. #28Martin

Man do you make me look right,,, keep talking.

10. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

i think the long lockout ensures shaun ellis is back because with no ota's its that much more important to have guys who know the system

11. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

they better keep tomlinson since we need a solid vet at the rb position especially with blitz pickups

12. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Knowing the system as a defensive end is far less difficult than it is for a linebacker or a defensive back.

If he's brought back, it will be to tutor/mentor Mo Wilkerson - sort of like LT with Greene and Brunell with Sanchez.

13. #28Martin

They need Ellis back. The underrate him. Veteran DL, who have been with the team that long, playing at that level, not gonna replace that so easily.

14. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

The locked out off-season has officially ended. The SOJF short bus has opened its doors for good.

HOLD THE FORT REAL JET FANS! HOLD THE FUCKING FORT!

15. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

His replacement was drafted in this year's first round.

16. #28Martin

I know but he's still a veteran who gives them quality depth. The draft guys, you never know what the heck they are as players till they start playing games.

17. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

I'd rather cut Tomlinson and leave Conner back there to pick up/demolish blitzers. I think it's time Greene takes the workhorse role and McKnight gets carries. The new guy Powell looks to be like a nice insurance policy as well. I think he'll be a good upfield RB. Has power to shed tackles but also has a big-time second gear.

I like Tomlinson as much as the next guy but money's tight and McKnight possesses a similar skill set. Obviously LT is a hall of famer and McKnight is a no-name at this point but at 32 years old you have to temper expectations.

#277 Rockefella, Jul 25, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2011
  18. #28Martin

Tomlinson is a tremendous pass catcher for a back... He does that far better then anyone else on the roster. When you combine that with that they will probably lose at least one of Holmes and Edwards and it makes Tomlinson even more important.

19. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

I'm DYING to see that reported somewhere. Is the "borrowing" only for one year or the life of the CBA? I'm sure it's somewhere in between, but I'd like to know for sure.

20. Teenager of the Year

I would prefer both Holmes & Edwards to stay one more year for Sanchez`s development, I can`t see Brad Smith staying, someone will pay him silly money and I don`t think it will be us, should we lose all three then that will be cause for concern.

Cromartie always seems to be whinging about something, and he really isn`t good enough to be yapping all the time, I`d rather give Wilson a shot to start and see what he can do, I`d rather have him ready in a years time than more CB headache and contract bitching.

For continuity I`d like to see several of the other lesser name FA`s signed up, particularly the two lineman and at least one of the safeties.

I wouldn`t have a clue who we`d sign, but if we stole someone from Miami or NE and it upset them greatly I guess I`d be very happy with that.