Braylon Edwards Arrested for DWI

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MoLewisSoNasty, Sep 21, 2010.

1. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Edwards needs a GeigerGeiger to drive him around.

2. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

he may be facing suspension as well

3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Maybe that will scare other teams off and make him more affordable?

4. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

new york has alot of buses! lock it out edwards is back!!!!!111111111111111111111

5. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

I was thinking the same thing. Hopefully it does make him more affordable for us to keep him.

6. IATA

IATA Trolls

If it's his entrance into the Substance Abuse Program, he can't be suspended for this matter.

7. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Not likely. he'll be "affordable" anyway - he really wants to stay here. Can't say that about Holmes though.

8. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Not to digress, but it such BS that someone geting a Dui has to go through a substance abuse program.

The fact that you blow over the legal limit for driving means you have exceeded the statutory limit. And that's all. It doesn't mean in and of itself that the defendant has a drug problem or is abusing alcohol in any significant sense. It means he has a legal problem.

THis is all part of the whole racket pushed by the neo prohibitionists and phony therapists with a vested interest in pushing the whole program for their personal benefit.

How did we ever end up with such a pussy culture?

9. nyjunc

If you drink you shouldn't drive under any circumstances, that would solve the problem but too many people THINK they can drive after drinking. He should be in counseling for his stupidity not to use a car service and for his stupidity to drive after drinking.

When someone drinks then drives and arrives home safely they might think they can do it again and the next time they might not be so lucky, THAT is why they need to enter a substance abuse program. He's lucky that's it, anyone who gets a DUI should automatically get jail time.

10. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Meh, so instead of going to the strip club the strip club will now come to him. Braylon will even have enough loot to have an oiled up Kerry dance for him.

11. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

100% agree. He needs to be in the program for making stupid decisions, not that he has a drinking problem. Drinking and driving is stupid for anyone, rich or not. Its not the worst crime in America, but that doesn't mean that it should be blown off as such.

12. Big Blocker

Ftr I have junc on ignre. Make a habit of quoting his useless nonesense and I will put you on ignore, too.

How is this useless? Because junc wants to make moralistic pronouncements more than address the substance. Your response shows how this is the case. Substance abuse programs are not about being smarter. They are punishments aimed at people who drink because they drink.

And no one was talking about blowing anything off. I just think those programs are not appropriate or fitting to the crime.

13. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

We can forget all this and just point to the fact that they don't work.

14. nyjunc

Be careful or big blocker may put you on ignore[​IMG]

15. GatorGar

GatorGar Active Member

Yeah exactly, I agree, it doesn't mean he's an alcoholic, it just means he broke the law. It would be better suited as some kind of legal counseling.

If we're going to make people go to counseling for making stupid decisions, I can think of 1,000 stupid decisions that are harmful that people make all the time.

I blame politicians, and the people who vote them in. It's all a song and dance to say Hey look we're making a difference.

16. nyjunc

This was a dumb decision that could have cost him his life and innocent people their lives. This was not your average dumb decision. It always amazes me how people don't take drunk driving seriously. The man should be behind bars for driving drunk, ciunseling is the least he can do so hopefully he never makes that decision again.

17. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

all drunk driving incidents are not created equal

if he blew twice the legal limit i could understand you position, but blowing .085 or .09 really isnt that big of a deal, especially for a person b edwards size ... i dont know what his BAC was, so im not going to comment on whether he should be incarcerated

texting while driving can be just as dangerous, if not more, depending on your BAC ... i guess all those people should be behind bars too, huh?

18. Big Blocker

Well that too.

It's all a friggin racket, the reason no doubt being along the lines of what Gar said.

19. nyjunc

So if someone is just a little drunk that's ok? Come on, grow up. His ability to drive a car was impaired, luckily nothing happened but that doesn't mean nothing will happen the next time.

Texting and driving is dangerous and I'm sure eventually we will see laws against it(if there aren't already- I'm not sure).

It absolutely boggles my mind how we have so many people that act like drunk driving is some minor crime. It's no big deal until someone you know gets killed as an innocent victim. I don't wish that on anybody, I wish people would realize how serious of an issue this is and stop doing it.

20. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

it's a 300 dollar fine if you're caught texting while driving in Winnipeg. Law was passed last year.

The ironic thing is, I see lots of people still doing it. Call me crazy, but I'd be quite bitter if I had to shell out 300 hundred bucks because of a lousy text. .