Madden Release Date: 8/30

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by TheCoolerGlennFoley, Jul 20, 2011.

1. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

BS it's so late this year. It's usually beginning of August but for some reason pushed back this year. I don't think it's lockout related.

2. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

Madden 12 came out in 2007 I thought

3. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

It's usually release in mid-august. I'm pretty it's not lockout related and they will continue to do this every year.

4. Christian

Christian Active Member

So basically everyone will be complaining about how the game sucks in September or so instead of August.

5. NickD

NickD New Member

When is the demo to be available? It is usually two weeks before the release, but with the later release, do they also bump the demo?

6. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

It's because the Madden team sucks donkey dick, and has for the last few years.

Pushing my OLF start date to around opening day. Faggots....

7. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

See I assumed it was so they could get a better read on rosters. not every move can be made in a week... rookie deals won't all get done in 6 days or whatever, and I am willing to be at least one trade takes place the first week of TC in stead of before camp starts...

8. The Jutty

The Jutty Banned

Can't wait for this anyone know any good preorder deals for it?

Edit: Amazon has 20$ credit and all rookie/all sophomore teams for preordering.

9. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

game should already be in production. There is always a day 1 patch for rosters that they can prep for. Im sure the game will need more patches in the upcoming week as well...

10. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

I can't believe you guys are excited for a game that hasn't changed in years.

11. devilonthetownhallroof

devilonthetownhallroof 2007 TGG Fantasy Baseball League Champion

I can't believe you came into a Madden thread to spout garbage criticism that hasn't been true in years.

12. MParty7441

Yeah, I have it preordered on Amazon.

13. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Please just stop, you have no idea what your talking about. Madden has been improving at a steady clip the last 3 years. It was unplayable on 360 until madden 10 came out, i won't argue that.

14. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

When you are in a sim league that makes up for the shortcomings of this game, it really doesn't matter what improvements they make, specifically to the online dynasty.

15. NickD

NickD New Member

They can fix the rosters with a roster update. The delay is horse shit. If they wanted to sell the game, they'd throw it out now while the NFL fans are dying for anything football related. Instead, they will risk the CBA mess canceling preseason games making fans lose interest.

I would have had that game on the shelf last week with last year's rosters.

16. Christian

Christian Active Member

Have they fixed the franchise mode player progression?

Thats the only reason I completly stopped buying Madden. I can handle random bugs and all that shit but I could not stand how ridiculous it was to try to build your own team in franchise mode.

17. vinnumber13

vinnumber13 New Member

also with that i hope they fix the road to the hof or whatever they call it. i love making my own guy and seeing him grow after every game and shit. last years your guy never got better and there werent many things to do other than play the games each week. not to mention you got to pick your team you wanted to play for.. i think NCAA did an amazing job with their road to glory, love playing a whole high school season before you even get into college

18. zllehs

zllehs New Member

getting it via amazon too and yes madden has sucked big balls for like the last 5 years or so

I'm so glad the EA sports exclusive deal with the NFL will end soon (next year being the last exclusive madden game i believe( so that maybe sony's sports developers can get a crack at an nfl game or maybe even the 2k guys again

but yes apparently they have re-vamped the franchise mode... its supposed to be much deeper this time around like the old days and less easier to minipulate the other teams AI when it comes to trades and the draft
    also no more abusing the player drafting/scouting process to make sure you get the best players

here is the article

EDIT: FUCK... dont have 50 posts so i cant post links yet lol
    i will try and break it up...

ww.gameinformer.com/games/madden_nfl_12/b/ps3/archive/2011/05/16/
    how-deep-is-madden-39-s-depth-chart-of-franchise-amp-superstar-features.aspx?PostPageIndex=1

someone mind putting that together for me? lol

#18 zllehs, Jul 23, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2011
  19. zllehs

zllehs New Member

here are a few new feature that i find to be very interesting....

-Larger rosters of 75 players – complete with multiple pre-season cut days where you have to trim down to your regular season roster

-Draft classes (30 new ones with randomized names/numbers and new player portraits) will feature player profiles so you can find players that fit your system (3-4, power HB, etc.), and AI teams will draft according to their priorities

-Uses an eBay-style bidding system where each player has a timer that starts once a team enters a bid. Players' timers vary based on their rankings. Elite players have shorter timers to reflect those initial frenzied days of free agency

-Players' ratings will fluctuate from week to week based on various factors, including that player's overall consistency and confidence traits

-No more Extra Point halftime show (FUCK YES!!!!!) lol

20. MParty7441

I know they revamped franchise mode, but I'm thinking of playing exclusively online this year.