2012 NY JET'S 1st ROUND SELECTION

Discussion in 'Draft' started by WW85, Jul 13, 2011.

1. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Lindsey's familiarity with the OLB position will play very well for him. I wouldn't be surprised to see him elevate himself to the middle of the first round. Unfortunately, I think he'll be exactly what Buffalo/Toronto is looking for and I expect them to target him heavily.

2. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Aaron Maybin is Manningesque.

3. sanchizeqb

sanchizeqb Active Member

What about that kid from Notre Dame, WR - Michael Floyd?

4. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

As of right now, he should be a late first, early second round pick.

I don't usually like trading up, but I wouldn't mind seeing the Jets make a move like Atlanta did for Julio Jones and move up for Justin Blackmon or Alshon Jeffery.

5. Keithnyj

Keithnyj Member

wow, if this would have been anyone else besides a mod that created this post, they would have gotten blasted.

However, We havent even began the 2011-2012 NFL season yet, let alone the college season yet. Save this thread for later on in the year

6. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

GTFO troll

This is the draft forum. You know, the place where we talk about the draft...

7. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

You haven't got a clue!!! This is a draft forum and "us regulars" talk year round. I suggest you stay on the main Jet's forum if you don't won't to view draft content.

Why did you visit the draft forum anyway, if you think it's way early???

8. MagillaGuerilla

MagillaGuerilla New Member

Well they are around the same size now.

Manning- 6-5 230
    Maybin- 6-4 228

9. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Mmm... 2 years in a row without a #2nd rd pick?

Rd 1: Malcom Floyd, WR, Notre Dame

RD 2: Vinny Curry, OLB, Marshall (god I f*ing love this guy)

#49 Mambo9, Aug 3, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2011
  10. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

If we trade up and get a potentially elite receiver in Jeffery or Blackmon, everyone will forget about that second round pick.

11. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Sure, I was just thinking next year will prob be cap hell for us and we could've used as much (in terms of number of players) talent from the draft as possible.
    That said I'm sure if the board dictated a situation like the one you propose Tanny would have no problem pulling the trigger...

Luckily next year seems to be fairly deep in the first 2 rds of WRs and 34OLBs, something very good for the Jets.

12. Doogstein

Doogstein Member

I'd love nothing more than Justin Blackmon lining up opposite Santonio with Keller and Kerley lined up inside. Gives me wood just thinking about the aerial assault we could unleash on teams.

That said I'd rather go OLB and take a WR or S in rd 2. Whats the mid round talent like for those 3 positions in 2012?

13. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

YES! YES! YES!

My only fear is that with Floyd's troubles off the field and him getting a DUI, that it might remind the Jets management of Braylon Edwards II which is what may turn them off. However besides that and some freak injuries he has sustained, he is a force. He brings forth height advantage, very good speed(Not a burner though), very physical and bullies corners. He has looked like he was on a complete different level than opposing corners since his Sophomore year. I preferred him to Julio Jones last season but I know I am in the minority for that. Floyd has top 10-15 talent but he is his own biggest problem with his off the field issues and he will have a bad drop every now and then. Reminds me of Dwayne Bowe. Floyd would be a steal in late round 1, which is why I don't know if he would drop that far down.

Would love to latch Manti Te'o but with Harris resigned to big bucks and Scott being in good graces with Rex Ryan, he won't be a target. Would not shock me if Te'o went in the top 20 in the 2012 NFL Draft.

14. sanchizeqb

sanchizeqb Active Member

With the new rookie salary cap and the way our roster is looking, I have little doubt that we are probably going to shoot for a top WR prospect next season. Exciting.

15. inSANITy

inSANITy Banned

With the new rookie salary cap I have no doubt that there is going to be more trades in this draft then in any previous.

16. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

We need an OLB in the first and go safety or wideout in the second. After that we need all O lineman.

17. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Exciting but WR is maybe the hardest position to draft (in higher rounds) after QB. It's actually pretty amazing how so many 1st and 2nd rd WRs bust while many 3rd/4th rd WRs actually have a nice career (although not as playmakers).

Next year will be very deep though and we might find a nice WR at the end of rd 2 (or maybe we trade up... who knows).

We'll go BPA at the position of need... just like we always do. Right now who knows if the BPA will be a WR or a OLB in rd 1.

18. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

That and Tanny has shown he prefers to acquire veteran WR talent, as opposed to drafting them. How many receivers has he drafted since 05?

Mcknight 7th round
    Kerley 5th round
    Chansi Stuckey 7th round
    Brad Smith 4th round
    Harry Williams 7th round

I believe thats it, 5 wr in 5 years. He has shown he likes to take them late and not actually spend high DP's on them.

that said the trend was against DL high in the draft until last year, so anythings possible.

19. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

Mcknight - released
    Kerley is a question mark.
    Stuckey gone
    Smith as a WR? Not really and gone
    Harry who?

Im for a pass rusher in the first. Feel this way every year!

20. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Every single prospect coming out of a draft is a question mark.

...and just because you'd never heard of Jeremy Kerley until the Jets picked him doesn't mean you should question the pick.

From everything being said about this kid, we have ourselves a solid young player.