NCAA Football 11

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Mr Electric, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

I've had an incredibly successful SIM league ran through online franchise through 4 seasons last year and it was a blast. My advice is to quit playing with losers and set the league up to make up for EA's shortcomings in this regard, and it is by far the best experience you can get out of madden.

Unless of course you play like lobby trash and cheese the shit out of everyone. In that case, you might as well play the CPU or just pick up lobby games....

2. inSANITy

inSANITy Banned

Well thats my point. You cant count on random people you meet online to be accountable for their games. I used Leaguedaddy and played online franchise leagues for about 3 years. Great Great fun.

Its awesome to be the gm against 31 other people

3. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

So I've never purchased a game on the release date so I'm guessing Walmart will put it on the shelves at Midnight tonight but is that local time? If they realese it midnight on the East Coast does that mean it is available at 9 PM on the left coast?

4. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

Good question, I have no clue.

5. inSANITy

inSANITy Banned

Back in my day we had these things called phones. If we wanted an answer to a question we would have to call the store and ask them personally the question. It was so fast and effective. Thank god for the invention of forums.

6. MParty7441

Anyone know any good rosters for PS3?

7. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

The good rosters won't be out for at least a few weeks.

The bad rosters won't be out for at least a week.

I'll be sure to post the best rosters I can find when I find something out, but you won't be able to play a dynasty with "good" rosters until the end of the month probably.

8. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Also, fuck EA for allowing us to edit everything (including attributes/ratings) about recruits except their height and weight.

Another year of 5'11 217 pound defensive ends and 6'9 175 pound wideouts.

9. MParty7441

I dont think this is necessarily true. I know a lot of people have been working on the rosters for a while and there are usually some pretty good rosters within a couple of days.

10. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

It's definitely true.

There's a few groups that have been working on a basic set of rosters, but they'll still have tons of errors, especially with the bad Big Six teams and the mid-major conferences.

A complete set of named rosters will not be available until late in the month. When I say complete set, I mean everything is edited: accurate heights/weights, names, gear, skin color/appearance. I won't start a dynasty until something close to complete comes out.

If you're just going to use a big school like an Ohio State or an Alabama, an early roster set won't matter to you though.

#190 Mr Electric, Jul 11, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2011
  11. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Well yeah, that would be a good idea if I wasn't working and unable to place a call.

12. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Is this exaggeration?

13. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Sort of.

A lot of the defensive end recruits are under 220 pounds and their weights don't change.

The same goes for the receivers - a lot of the WR recruits are like 6'6 to 6'9 and they weight under 200 pounds. ...it's fucking stupid. I had this wideout in last year's game that was 6'8 180 pounds and I absolutely dominated with him in the redzone. He Moss'd every defensive back that matched up on him.

There's a way around it: I'll probably just recruit guys with realistic size and edit their attributes.

#193 Mr Electric, Jul 11, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2011
  14. MParty7441

I usually start with Buffalo. But admittedly, I just play to kill the time until Madden. I just like the names so I can export the draft classes into Madden.

15. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

When the updated, complete rosters come out, I'll post them in this thread.

They're better for exported draft classes too - underrated/overrated players are edited to reflect performances. The guy's that do these rosters are pretty good.

16. MParty7441

Just got mine in the mail, will start playing in a bit. Anyone have any opinions or is everyone too busy playiing?

17. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I won't be able to play until tonight. Some dude at work told me that Road to Glory mode is awesome this year. I usually hate RTG, but I'll check it out - it might hold me over until named rosters come out.

18. JETS1457

JETS1457 Member

ill be getting it on thursday most likely, im game for dynasty

19. NickD

NickD New Member

Question: Would NCAA 11 draft class import to Madden 12?

I'm thinking about buying a used NCAA game for importing draft classes for the new Madden. I figured it would make drafting more fun if I could sim a season in NCAA, then scout the draft class. I've never imported a draft class so I'm not sure if the recruits translate well or if it is more realistic (a crap shoot either way).

20. AJayJay

AJayJay New Member

I'm going to pick it up for the PS3 later today after work. If anyone else has it and wants to play online i'll be looking to run a game