NCAA Football 11

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Mr Electric, Jul 12, 2010.

1. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Played the demo one so far. Ran both kickoffs I received back about 65 yards. Not the best first impression,especially since I didn't do anything special. On all american too.

2. Coach K

Coach K New Member

i played as FSU vs Bama last night

i could actually tell huge differences in the mechanics of the new engine. ive played the game plenty for probably each of the last 10 or 11 games. the whole momentum aspect they claim to have added is accurate and noticeable.

smaller guys will fall forward if enough momentum is built up but if your turning corners and bigger slower defenders have been taking an angle on you they usually put you down instantly.

i saw a catch ive never seen well displayed as realistic as the one i did. i launched a deep ball and my WR had only 1 step if even on the Safety. the ball looked too far away in mid air i just assumed incompletion.

then the WR closed on the ball jumped did a 180 and made perfect location and positioning to grab it and land at the 2 yard line.

the OL/DL interaction seems to have improved. lesser players dont just simply get stuck in one spot and there seems to be alot more use of hands and seperation moves obviously with the better players.

the AI on zone coverage is fixed and even LB'ers seem to have their head on a swivel if your trying to work the middle of the field.

the same can be said for your own AI as i had a LB'er make two great plays for INT's.

the ball mechanics look more real too, dunno if its perfect yet but looks more like an actual ball and not jus something that gets vacuumed into animations.

everything just looked a tad more realistic than usual and i'll be getting this one for sure.

3. Drew

Drew Active Member

I've never purchased one of these games before, but I'm going to pick up '12. I like the fact that Road to Glory is one of the main focuses...

I'm a big fan of Superstar modes and my player modes. Does anyone here play RTG a lot? Is it way better than what Madden puts out? Based off the trailer I saw about it, it seems way more authentic the way it's handled. I can't wait.

4. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Road to Glory's been the one of the main focuses since NCAA Football 2006.

It's been the same thing for the past few years, but I guess they revamped it a bit this time.

2012 plays a little smoother than last year's version, but like I said earlier, I'll probably wait a bit and buy it used.

5. devilonthetownhallroof

devilonthetownhallroof 2007 TGG Fantasy Baseball League Champion

Pointless unless you don't plan to play online at all.

6. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I hate playing next gen NCAA online - I'm a huge college football fan and I love all of the different types of offenses you can use, but it just gives fags more opportunities to find glitches and shit like that.

I only get it for the Dynasty Mode.

7. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I'm with you, I also like the custom conferences in it this year. I haven't played the demo but from what I understand you can put TCU in the Big East and then move Fresno, Nevada and Hawaii to the MWC w/o having to swap out teams this year down to 6 teams. So if you really wanted to mess with things you could move UCF and Houston the Big East and leave CUSA with 10 teams. I'm actually really excited about this upgrade. I still wish tehy would bring back the subdivision schools and make that part of the gameplay as well, I think it'd be pretty cool to play a season as a smaller school like William and Mary and take your big payday against an ACC school and then go through the Colonial and finish with playoffs.

8. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I think I am picking this shit up on Monday night after work...

You can begin as a OC or DC and then you'd have to get hired on at a school. You can edit BCS qualifiers and bowl ties ins. You can actually edit the rules for a conference set up a championship game in any city you want and have the pregame action. The thought of Chief Osceola leading you out onto the field is pretty dam cool.

[youtube]Tl6s0Io6LBI[/youtube]

9. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

Amazon had (I don't know if they still do) free opening day delivery for NCAA and Madden. So I pre-ordered both on there...looking forward to it.

10. MParty7441

Amazon is also giving $20 in Amazon credit if you pre order NCAA or Madden. Pretty good deal for people who use Amazon a lot, like myself.

11. inSANITy

inSANITy Banned

Ive always been confused by this. If I order it on Amazon will it be delivered to my house the day it comes out or does it ship the day it comes out?

12. MParty7441

They say release date delivery. Meaning I will get it on Tuesday.

13. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

You should expect it on the day it hits shelves. Amazon is usually very reliable on getting it to you on the release date

14. inSANITy

inSANITy Banned

Well thank you for the advice. Just purchased madden and got that free $20

15. AJayJay

AJayJay New Member

I'll be picking this game up Tuesday after work for the PS3. I'll buy this brand new but Madden on the other hand, made no improvements to their online franchise mode. I refuse to give EA money for Madden again. Until they start taking pro-active steps to improve that game I don't see myself paying for it again. Maybe I'll purchase it off craigslist later on down the road.

I don't understand how the developers for Fifa and NHL can improve their game greatly year after year but Madden takes one step forward and two steps back each year.

16. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

NCAA isn't much different either.

17. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

myleaguemanager is going to be a significant upgrade for online franchise players. EA may have dropped the ball, but at least they allowed MLM access to their server to enhance what they couldn't for the online leagues. It a similar idea to what xtremefootball.net did last year, but MLM decided to expand upon it and include the simulated cap and few other perks like the draft features and an intelligent AI for CPU teams when it comes to roster moves.

Im hearing it is going to be ready to use from day one. That's the direction my league is going.

18. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

I'll probably just gamefly this year's NCAA because I typically recycle it once Madden hits the shelves. Definitely not a keeper for me since Im not in a league that shoots for longevity.

19. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

That's easy, they're done by different studios. EA Tiburon does Madden and NCAA and EA Canada does NHL and FIFA. They moved NBA to Tiburon from Canada, so NBA will probably have a Madden feel starting with NBA 13.

20. inSANITy

inSANITy Banned

Although online they didnt change online franchise they made some great changes to the regular franchise.

Honestly though online franchises are a waste. If its set up through the actual console its going to be impossible to keep everyone playing. and the seasons take for ever. I was really into it last generation and it takes months to complete a season because you need to wait for everyone to finish a week before you get to your next one otherwise progressions dont work correctly (which they fixed this year, progression is effected by how well you play with each individual player.)