17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Interesting thought and topic. Where else, or what does everyone think will happen in the future for them to get our money?

Every game pay per view? Would that pack the bars? Could bars afford what they'd be charged to show games?

2. Clayture

Clayture Member

If they start charging to watch games on TV, hope that would shorten or eliminate the TV time-outs, especially sandwiching each kick-off with 2. I doubt that will happen though.

At this point I think charging to watch would be a very stupid move, they are already pushing their limits with the lockout, and with this economy the timing right now would really be bad. Will it happen down the road sometime? certainly wouldn't surprise me ...

3. LogeSection2RowJ

It would probably not be a pay per view, but rather a general rate increase companies like Verizon, Comcast, Time Warner, etc would need to pass along in order to keep those channels in a basic package. I wouldn't expect something like this to happen until after the next rounds of bidding for the rights to the games happens again. Whoever wins the bid will hold providers hostage. How fast would you switch from Cablevision if they didn't have the NFL one year? Oh yeah. Cablevision would buckle, pay more, and raise every households rates. It goes on and on.

We've seen this time and time again with cable companies and networks these days. ESPN / Disney did it recently. Remember when the Academy Awards were almost blacked out? They all do it. YES was the first around here I believe. So, there won't be pay per view per se, but any provider carrying NFL games will raise the basic monthly rates.

That's my forecast.

4. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

i miss tailgating.
    69 days till supposedly 1st tailgate party of the 2011 season

5. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I miss real football articles. I miss OTA's with local TV's coverage and Blogs. I miss the anticipation of getting my tickets. Until they settle, nothing to look forward to. Imagine that, we have the freakin Cowboys on National TV on the 10 year anniversary of 9/11 to open up our season and its not even worth getting excited for. Lets hope they settle and sign by 8/1 the latest.

6. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

not directed toward you 314 just a general statement.... i think football has become too much of a full time sport, like strawberries are now a full year fruit. the only problem is that during the off season you are getting crappy pesticide filled strawberries that have been on a boat for 6 days because they were grown in chile.

ive learned not to eat strawberries when they are not in season, its healthier, cheaper and they taste so much better when you dont have them for a little while.

7. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I am an NFL junkie during normal times. I enjoy Sirius NFL more in the off season then the regular season. I love reading stuff all year round, and I am a Yankee fan so its not like I don't have anything to watch. This off season, no NFL radio or TV, nothing. F them

8. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I still believe there will be a season. Somebody is going to blink and cave.

There's way too much money at stake for the owners and way too much ego and narcism at stake for the players to not be on TV for this to go into a non-season. The players get the worst of it because their income is greatly diminished and they get a year closer to retirement... a year they'll NEVER ever be able to make up financially. It would absolutely kill them to sit around on the couch this fall watching golf on TV. No way. You're going to hear screaming like you've never heard for the union to settle.

So, there will be a season, IMO. It might be abbreviated but we're going to have one.

9. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

We're all so freaking bored we wind up with 5 fucking posts a week already.

10. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

We need the NFL to settle so I can pay the other half, get my tickets in hand with my new location, and then wonder if I have a place to pee without waiting 20 minutes and what other wonderful suprises they have to make it better or worse. Until I know who's on this team and who we are going to lose, I can't get a feel for this team. If we retain most if not all of our FA's, I am all in. If we lose Cro and Holmes and Pool, we could be 7-9 this year. I just want them to settle so Mr. T. can do his work. Not worried about training until the roster is settled. No off season for the 2nd year guys though really sucks for us. We can not count on Wilson or Ducasse, its like they are rookies and this years rookies are gonna be useless. Geez!!! Does this help the conversation??? Wake Up!!!

11. 17a_tailgater

Where do i sit again?

12. cuty suzuki

cuty suzuki Member

I went to the Izod Arena to see wrestling on Saturday. I also went to tailgate because I have no idea when I will get a chance due to the lockout. At the same time there were 78,000 people at the Stadium for soccer. The Izod lots were half full and had no soccer fans in them. The parking deck was nearly empty. All the BS about how parking passes were needed for football was exposed as BS. There are enough spots on the Stadium side to handle a full house.

13. sg3

sg3 Banned

Jet fans do not drive to the stadium with 14 people stuffed in the car and the trunk as do soccer fans. Wrestling fans (are there really wrestling fans???) hitchhike or take the bus.

Football is different

14. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

The price of parking is the last thing that I would complain about right about now.

15. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

its still yet another thing the jets fucked their fans with. the prices are too high, they dicked everyone around and made them buy those retarded passes.

there was nothing wrong with paying at the gate. but they wanted that guaranteed money... in april. scumbag move. i will let 227 vent about the orange and yellow passes.

16. cuty suzuki

cuty suzuki Member

I was complaining about the parking passes, not being allowed to park where I want, and having to pay parking for preseason games that I miss. The point is that they could just open the lots, collect money at the gate and everything would be OK.

17. 17a_tailgater

i embrace the orange pass and love the lack of security presence.
    i will sodimize visiting teams fans as they pass my gathering.
    we are hungry we are rabid and we are very very pissed off.

18. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Without the parking passes for the pre-season games, they would only collect money from fans that come to the game. That's why we still have the parking passes after the old place was torn down. They get top dollar for tickets and parking from everyone when only 40K actually show up.

19. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

Are you saying that you would rather park near the Izod then in front of the stadium? And as far as paying at the gate, you are allowed to pay at the gate, 50 bucks per game. If you weren't going to attend a game you could always sell your parking pass via Craigslist, Ebay or Stubhub for face or over face value. Plus if you are in the Upper Deck you could buy the yellow pass or the orange pass. All in all the parking passes aren't too bad imo.

20. LogeSection2RowJ

I've been saying that for over a year now. The color coded pass system was used to create false benefit/ demand for PSL sales. It will fade away. It's beginning to fade away with this year's "upgrade list".