Jets East

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jetskees, Jun 13, 2011.

1. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

As he called any of our players a "druggie" any time recently?

2. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

I love rooting for this team...we're either harmless, loveable losers or we're arrogant, camera-whoring pricks. It's really a beautiful thing.
    When I was a kid I like Cmini when he worked at Newsday and his first few years at the News, but I guess all these years of working in the journalism field have turned him into a cynical prick.

3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

What was unfair about calling the Jets "big-talking, camera-loving". I don't see anything wrong w/ what he said. It's not that big of a deal, we have a big talking team led by rex, we have a team that craves the spotlight- what is so bad about that quote?

4. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

junc...even you have to agree that Cimini goes out of his way to put a dig into like half of his stories. Considering he is the ESPN beat writer, it's just unprofessional. It's gotten exponentially worse since he left the News. EDIT: I'm not saying what he is saying is untrue, just that he unnecessarily turns the screws very often.

#24 guinness77, Jun 14, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2011
  5. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Right, and he was a douche about that and had to apologize. I guess criticize was the wrong word, what I meant was what junc is saying

6. nyjunc

At times he does but he's not paid to be a fan. It doesn't bother me as long as it is true. if he is making things up that would annoy me but I don't really see him doing that.

7. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

Because even as the beat writer for the Jets, Cimini was a dick.

When you read Manish Mehta's articles, he is critical of the team, but he stops short of throwing jabs or one liners that are groaners for the fans. Cimini is a douche in 99% of the articles he writes and the entire fan base knows whats coming ni his stories.

Mehta is critical enough of the team to not be a Sun-shiner, but still gives the fans what they want to hear without the constant critical yammering we hear from every other report/reporter on the Jets.

Mehta = Professional Journalist/Sports Writer/Beat writer
    Cimini = DICK

8. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

His apology was half-hearted at best. For the "druggies" that have failed drug tests in college, and there have been hundreds of them, I didn't understand why this guy had to go the lengths to brand him a "druggie" to tens of thousands of fans who probably have never heard of Ellis, and now this is the first impression those fan will get. Considering he's been a sports writer for more than 20 years, you would think he would get that, but...Some of these nitwits get on twitter and this is the crap that spews out of their keyboard.

I don't think anyone's looking for a fan, just a guy who's fair and objective. That's journalism 101 for you. Keep your opinions out of the story. Unless it's a column, which he does not write. I don't see any other beat writer taking these unnecessary digs at the teams they cover, so why does he? Could it be because ESPN wants him to be like this because we're the quote-unquote hated team in the league right now, and if Cimini puts his little digs in, the casual fan could be like, "yeah, fuck the Jets." I'm only inferring that because he was never this bad at the News, and all sites are looking for hits, even espn.com.

9. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

I agree. It's crazy for free agents to work out with a team they may not even play for soon. One twisted ankle and it's goodbye payday!

10. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

starting at 9:30 in this video is some footage of 'Camp Lockout'
    [YOUTUBE]l1NkNQEGPPc[/YOUTUBE]

and the shirts...
    [​IMG]

#30 dwalsh, Jun 15, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
  11. Fatman&Robin

Fatman&Robin Member

Love Bart Scott in a Can't Wait shirt.

12. thedoc53

thedoc53 New Member

I watched episode 1. I'm actually scared of that jar of mayonnaise he brought out

13. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Revis and Scott at Camp Lockout. I love Scott's shirt.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

Need. Shirt. Now. Can't. Wait!!!!

15. MadBacker Prime

Yeah, they better F'n sell those, and in assorted colors too damn't.

16. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I need this shirt.

[​IMG]

17. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

It was good to see that Pouha and DeVito both stepping up and showing some leadership as well. Mike DeVito is turning into one of my favorites. Small school UDFA that is now one of the leaders on this defense.

As for Cimini, it looks like he was trying to be funny and wasn't. He didn't say anything that wasn't true but I lost all respect for him with his draft "coverage". Sorry the kid was what 18 or 19 when he failed that test. Notice he didn't rip Cam Newton who I would think certainly has a tad of a checkered past himself.

18. MadBacker Prime

I was glad that Cimini was forced to tweet an apology, at least I believe he was forced. it took him too long to do it on his own.

19. nyjunc

20. chibucks

chibucks New Member

and silence... :) no positive response that this is a good thing? i remember the jets west thread how he got lambasted for not making it.

i think that's a positive sign.

anyways, get the season started already!!! :)