Mike Westhoff Fan Club

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, May 30, 2011.

1. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

In the 10 seasons since we have been fortunate to have Mike Westhoff as our ST's coach we have seen success in the ST game that we never had before.

From 2001-10 there were 14 KOR for TD's (most in the NFL during that time period). In the 41 seasons prior we only had 10. Yes, TEN! Combine that with the 2 PR TDs we have had since 2001 the 16 total ST TD's rank as the 2nd most in the NFL - trailing only Devin Hester and the Chicago Bears.

Conversely since Westhoff has arrived we have only surrendered 7 ST TDs (5 KR TD and 2 PR TD) which ranks as the 8th least in the league during that time. In the 41 seasons prior to Westhoff we allowed 32 Return TDs which was the 4th most of all the teams that played from 1960-2000.

Add in that Westhoff is one of the funniest coaches and that he is one bad ass tough mother f*cker; he is easily deserving of a Fan Club! I hereby dedicate this thread to all that is Mike Westhoff! Here's to hoping that he coaches our ST's for another 10 years! :beer:

2. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

I love Westhoff! I am a proud to be a member of this fan club.
    "The Redskins.....fuck them"!
    Mike Westhoff
    Hard Knocks 2010

3. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

I'm in. Westy is the best ST coach in the NFL and I'm very happy to have him as a coach.

Tough as nails.

4. desert swordz

desert swordz Totally Addicted

"Let him open up his freakin pizza shop in the Bronx and leave me alone"

5. Dreadmadseen

Dreadmadseen Active Member

I'm in!!! Get me some beer! This is a pub right?

6. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

This is his last season get this mother fucker a ring

7. 624

624 Banned

I will join the Club.

8. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

Cheers to Westhoff, a true bad ass and inspiration.

9. fltflo

fltflo Active Member

" I will cut your ass right here on the field " you gotta love this guy !!!!

One of the stupidest things Mia ever did was to dump Mike, great pick up by the Jets..

Really thought Westy would have made a good head coach, between Herm and Mangini.
    wish the Jets would have taken a chance on Westy. For sure any Jets team that had Westy as there HC would have been tough as nails...I hope Tanny and Rex can talk him in to sticking around a few more years

10. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Count me in for the club!

11. NickD

NickD New Member

Westoff is the balls. Stupid new NFL rules are killing his value though. Reducing kickoff return attempts may reduce special teams injuries, but it also reduces special teams influence on the game. Remember before they moved kickoffs back to the 30 yard line? Touchbacks galore. Not a fan and I bet Westoff is still cursing about the rule change.

12. milo

milo Well-Known Member

I wish I could find it right now but there's a video interview with Eric Allen and Westy about the rule changes and he didn't sound down about it at all.

He was saying how he thinks he's got "a very different take on what to do" than other guys in the league, and he's got something pretty unique cooked up for it.

He also said come December it will matter less and less.

13. nixhead

nixhead Banned

Give him a nice raise and keep him for another 3 years. Somebody needs to get a funny picture of him ripping a player and stick it on a T-shirt and I want about 10 of them.
    If we r gonna start a fan club we need a Westoff fan club T-shirt. Maybe a picture of Brad Smith running back the kickoff with one shoe and then a picture of Westoff yelling at him afterwards. Something funny but serious.

14. martinsec339

martinsec339 New Member

Saw him in Penn station a couple of years ago, he was getting on a train and me and my drunk friend screamed his name from across Penn station. He turned around and simply didnt say a word but raised his cane and pointed at us and continued on his way. Probably the most bad ass "what up" I have ever witnessed.

15. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Of course I'm in, without him we would've never diagnosed my triple fucking Asian flu.

16. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

I'm in - who wouldn't be for a coach like him!

17. A-11 Jets

A-11 Jets New Member

Mike Westhoff is great.

I like the triple asain flu bit, great stuff. Coach Westhoff was awesome to follow on Hard Knocks. I still have a lot to learn about the Jets and without HBO I would have less of a clue right. I would have just seen little clips of some guy walking funny on the side lines during the season and some press conference clips. Glad I got more of a brief on his life's journey.

I like how he puts it all out there like Rex, and in addition is able to lay it on someone. Players know what is expected of them, and most of his comments that can be taken negatively are actually followed with positive notes, as long as, they are still part of the team. They are also truthful, he's a smart coach.

"When in doubt, knock the hell out of somebody." - M.Westhoff

#17 A-11 Jets, May 31, 2011
    Last edited: May 31, 2011
  18. LWC611

LWC611 Member

I"m in.....

19. inSANITy

inSANITy Banned

Thats so M.W.

20. inSANITy

inSANITy Banned