L.A. Noire

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by mj2sexay, May 15, 2011.

1. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

So is this worth buying? I'm a casual gamer, not hardcore like some of you, but I loved the GTA series.

2. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

It feels like GTA as far as driving, moving, and shooting but the atmosphere is totally different. The world is there to explore, but you are a cop so its not like you are running over people for fun.

My initial impression was good but I haven't gotten too deep into it. I need to get a better feel of what they want you to look for in interrogations.

3. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I'm thinking of buying this in the next couple of days.

If anyone has played Heavy Rain, is it a mix of GTA and Heavy Rain? That's what I get out of it by watching trailers and gameplay.

4. Coach K

Coach K New Member

San Andreas is my favorite.

5. Coach K

Coach K New Member

arguably, since i didnt like it too much.

i also traded the game in shortly after. i have way too many other games to go shooting coyotes and birds aimlessly around the desert.

it was a great game though.

6. Coach K

Coach K New Member

that would be great.

heavy rain is one of the best presented and developed games ive ever played.

having to go through the night club security cam footage and piece together the evidence at the end was one of the best parts of a game ive had the joy to play.

not to mention the story and character development

7. AJayJay

AJayJay New Member

The fucking interrogations are hard. I still haven't picked up on it and I got promoted twice already lol

8. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

This game is like the 'Avatar' of video games.

It has a strong technological breakthrough but beyond that there really isn't all that exciting about it.

The combat is terrible and controls are awkward during them.

I'm not even 1/4 through the game, and I can't see a replay value.

Rent it....

9. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

That said, I'm still going to platinium this thing on ps3

10. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Like every Rockstar game, I feel it's a great game but too redundant to hold my interest.

11. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Well, that's it for me. I ain't buying it.

12. ukilledkenny

Well I am enjoying it. You are doing lots of the same things but I am liking the challenge of trying to have a perfect investigation. Gotta find all the evidence you need and use it correctly. Also gotta talk to people in the ideal order to have all the info you need to make the right accusations.

Of course if you aren't perfect you still finish the case but with more difficulty.

13. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

From what I've heard, you still advance through the game even if you aren't doing things properly, which stinks. It's not like the old police quest games where you'd be stuck for hours trying to figure out what you're missing (until you cracked and went to find the walkthrough).

14. ukilledkenny

Yeah basically. It is impressive how many branching paths they must have to make it work but they made it so you still advance even if you mess up questioning. For instance, I did a case where I questioned a guy in a bar. I only asked 2 questions and I judged each answer wrong so I didn't get any info. So after that I trailed him and got the information I could have gotten by doing the questioning right in the first place.

15. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

The physics behind the fights are clumsy and mechanical.

The ones you encounter while saving the guy at the movie set illustrate my point perfectly.

16. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

still debating if i should buy this...Red Dead Redemption is the best game ive ever played

17. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

After my double header yesterday, I youtubed a guide to find all the Golden Film Reels and Landmark locations.

What a pain in the ass.

I imagine driving every single car in the game is going to be a pain in the ass too.

Poe - I've been seriously considering Red Dead Redemption, is it like GTA4 but set in a western?

18. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Xbox has some serious graphic issues here. The graphics are a bit choppy and times and looks extremely unpolished. I've noticed it on numerous occasions.

The game is pretty sweet, I'm still playing it but I don't know how long it will last. I'm only at the case where those two bitches drive their car into the billboard sign across from the police station. I know it's still early, and I'm not even in homicide yet...

19. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

^ That's the last case before you make homocide.

20. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Yeah, it's almost exactly the same but set in a different time. It's one of the best next gen games available.

Red Dead > LA Noire