2011 NFL DRAFT DISCUSSION THREAD /Round 1 (8:00 p.m) Part 2

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Petrozza, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Furiously masturbating to all this draft action no doubt

2. 624

624 Banned

I don't like when people say this, I also see people saying a high 4th is like a 3rd round pick. It goes both ways...we are in the 3rd round.

3. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

I would bet Rex and co and looking hard at the potential safties available at 94. Guys like Quinton Carter Oklahoma, Deandre Mcdaniel Clemson, Jaiquawn Jarret Temple, Deunta Williams UNC. I think that is where the value will be for us at 94, particularly the last two guys. There aren't likely to be any rushers of value there, and we wont likely go back to back picks on the DL, although if Kenrick Ellis or Jarvis Jenkins are around it's possible.

4. RevisCromartieisland

I just had a Giants fan tell me the Tannenbaum isnt a good drafter because of the Gholston pick. Forget Mangold, Harris, Revis, D-Brick, Sanchez, Greene, Leon, Wilson- Tanny sucks because of the Ghost.

5. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

set that man on fire.

6. RevisCromartieisland

it was made on a baseball message board.

Unrelated to that- any chance we trade up to get Ayers? That'd be a phenomenal draft.

7. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Ayers, Reed, Houston and Sheard(No, I'm not letting this one go) are all still on the board going into tomorrow. We have the ammo to trade up into the 2nd round to grab one of the first three.

If we can't grab any of them, I'll take wait and hope strategy for Sheard or Eric Hagg in the third round.

8. MobiusOne28

MobiusOne28 New Member

How much would it take to get back into the mid 2nd? Maybe our 3rd and next year's 2nd? Not sure if I'd like that, but it's definitely tempting with the talent still on the board. With Ayers, Reed, and Houston all still on the board, I could see someone like Sheard or Acho getting pushed down to the mid-late 2nd, which would push down the cost of moving up as well.

#128 MobiusOne28, Apr 29, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2011
  9. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Somehow I keep forgetting about Acho and I don't know what it is.
    /bourbon

10. 624

624 Banned

AFC East has gone all line this draft:

Bills: Marcell Dareus
    Dolphins: Mike Pouncey
    Patriots: Nate Solder
    Jets: Muhammad Wilkerson

11. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

i'll say it again, these guys are not worth it to trade future picks to go up to get them. Especially when, if we have learned anything today (if we didnt learn it at 29 last year) there will always be a faller. We just have to be patient and great value will be there for us.

You simply do not mortgage the future unless it is for one of two things, the final piece of the puzzle that can put you over the top. By definition, this is reserved only for elite talent and going after them in the first round (basically what Atlanta did for Jones tonight) Ayers, Reed, Sheard, Acho or Houston are not good enough to be worth it. The second scenario is to go get a franchise QB. Those are the only two scenario's in which it is acceptable to trade away future picks. Since none of those Rush OLB's are tops at their positions, or are QB's, trading up for them sacrifices far more than we would get by adding them. If we really wanted them that badly, we would have drafted them at #30.

12. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

Meh. I don't think it works the other way around. My point is that there's a lot of picks before our next one. Talking about 60 players or so.

All the good OLBs will be gone by then. Every team could use bolstering in their pass rush

13. The Grim Revis

The Grim Revis New Member

I got nice and drunk by our pick tonight, so I'm pretty happy with Wilkerson overall.

I'm really hoping we trade up to get one of the pass rushers (Acho/Sheard/Houston/Moch) tomorrow.

14. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

I hope we trade up for a pass rusher as well, but not too far. Wait a while. Between Ayers, Houston, Reed, Sheard, and Acho, someone is bound to drop.

15. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

To get into the early-mid 2nd which is where we would need to be would take next years 1st rounder and our 3rd this year most likely (as people would expect us to be picking at the end of the rounds next year) - there is no way its worth the move.

I wil not be even the tiniest bit surprised to see some moron team give their 1st rounder next year and their second round pick to get the #33 pick from the Patriots.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.