17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

You are understandably pissed that the early returns indicate complete failure... PSLs being offered at below cost. I unnderstand that. And I understand the small percentage thing... that it would have happened anyway.

So am willing to concede that it is a bit early to completely judge. Let's wait then. Let's give it several months. Hell, let's give it until after the CBA thing. Why not give it until after the 2011 season is over? Hopefully, by then, we'll have a true indication of what these cockamamie, fucked up things are really worth. I'm just predicting they ain't worth what they sold for. No way.

2. Gator

Gator Active Member

Haha. I am understandably pissed? You just make up stuff. I've said many times I had the greatest season I ever had going to Jets games. Anyone reading this thread knows you're the angry one. I don't care what the PSL ends up being worth either, because I like 9 out of 10 people didn't buy it to sell it. I don't sell individual games either. I bought the psl and the tickets so I could sit close to the field and watch Jets games, period. I went to all ten at NMS.

#11902 Gator, Apr 7, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2011
  3. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

One of the many things that bothered me about the psls is this thought----I thought about how many times my buddies and I ATE tickets over the years---I mean there were games the last 2 years that we ate tickets and or gave em away as we walked into the stadium. I could not see laying out any money, be it $2500 or more and then eating the ticket on Sunday. This said I am glad when guys attend games regardless of where the seat is, a full house gives us an advantage .

4. Section 227. Row 5

There's no anger on my part. Hell, I'm not the one who had to shell out thousands just for the privelige of buying tickets to an event. Well... not a privilege really, more like an "obligation"... paying up front to be mandated to buy seasons every year from now until eternity, no matter what.

But maybe you're right... "pissed" or "angry" aren't the right words. There's no reason any of us should be angry about anything we've done concering the ticket purchases. We've all made our choices based on what we wanted to do. People make terribly unwise choices every day of their lives and actually think they're the right ones at the time.

But that doesn't change my disdain for the entire cockamamie concept. I've been a tkcketholder way too long to not know the disappointments over the long haul. As CBG says, the waste with these tickets is sometimes dreadful. Ask Italian Seafood or anybody else who couldn't make a game here or there during a 4-9 season. The thought of having to dump them cheap or even eat them is horrible, much less having to realize you paid up front for the "privilege" of buying them in the first place.

But if I come across as angry to you, that's okay and I forgive your misconception. I actually enjoy railing on and on about how screwed up this whole process was and still is. And I've taken great joy (and still do) within this thread in reminding people of that.

We're riding high right now and I certainly hope we remain that way for many, many years. I'd like to see us get into the playoffs every year from now on... multiple SB appearances and a dynasty, even. Nothing would make me happier. Of course, we all know that the odds against this are pretty great and there's always the downside. So I'll continue reminding others of how fucked up it is to get involved in paying thousands up front for the privilege of buying these tickets. It's fun to watch the Jets in person, especially when they win. But if they lose, it's pretty ugly. And if you've shelled out good money for a PSL that you're locked into, it can get real ugly.

5. Gator

Gator Active Member

Good post.

6. Section 227. Row 5

Hahahaa.... I like to hear myself think... or something like that. LOL

When it comes to the PSLs, I can go on for hours (as if you didn't know)!

7. Gator

Gator Active Member

At least we can all agree that the Patriots are gay.

8. Section 227. Row 5

Pages of PSLs listed here:

http://www.stadiumpsl.com/new-york-jets-psl-s-for-sale/1680.html

One guy in 225B, Row 6 is selling two for $4,000 (face was $5,000). Not a bad deal for Mezz under cover. Claims he's moving. He also has the same seats advertised on eBay for $4250, probably because of the commission involved.

9. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Yes, good post. Keep the message going.

I'm one of those who elected years ago to include attending Jets games as a part of my lifestyle. Since Matt Robinson had that hot-streak I've been to all but 5 Jets home games. Most of those you guys were there with me. Inexplicably I didn't miss any during Kotite's term ; )

I wanted more than anything to have good seats in this stadium, and while my personal economics didn't time well with the PSL deals offered, I still had relatives such as my 77 year old Dad offering to put the downpayment money up for me - knowing it's been a staple in my life since the age of 16. It was bothersome to many who know me to see me give up my covered first tier seats. While I agreed with your thinking about what paying a PSL means, reading your posts was just what I needed to know I was doing the right thing. Others too I'm sure, so thank you for that. It didn't open my eyes, but helped to hear and bold terms what I was thinking as well. When you later took the tour and almost buckled anyway, I had to laugh after having read all your posts on the subject, but I realized it proved beneath it all you're a die-hard fan who loves going to the games. As I am. Any sports fan wants the best seat they can get for a game.

When I turned down my father's offer, I explained it to him this way - Dad, I appreciate what you're offering, but the New York Jets do not deserve to capitalize on our relationship. I've paid plenty over 30 years. I still get to go, and you shouldn't feel sorry for me.

In all honesty if the initial PSL rates in the lower EZ were what they became later, I probably would have done it anyway. But, the bastards pissed me off even more when they lowered the price, and I couldn't get all of my seats together by then. The other thing we all seem to forget is that these rates are outrageous when the costs to build the stadium were divided between two teams. For the building they gave us, they ought to be ashamed of themselves. I am glad the financing of this building didn't not come out of my Dad's (or mine's) hard work, and other than buying tickets, my future is not being taxed.

#11909 LogeSection2RowJ, Apr 9, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2011
  10. Section 227. Row 5

I think I might have gone for a PSL had they been reasonable. And I've admitted this before.

Very, very early on, before this thread even, there were threads concerning all the rumors of a new stadium. Queens and the WSS in NYC were all under consideration back then. And yeah, the WSS would have required PSLs (and quite understandably) because we were not sharing it with the NY Giants.

But then the New Mausoleum Stadium was decided upon, and my initial reaction was "Great! Maybe no PSLs because we're sharing building costs and maintenance! Or maybe if there's a PSL, it will be within reason and minimal." I was naive enough to think that, based on 25 years seniority, that I was going to be able to remain in the Mezz section with, say, a modest PSL and modest ticket price increase because of the shared concept.

What happened next, we all know about. I still can't get over the fact that the stadium construction seem to be amortised over a ridiculous 5 years or so. In toehr words, when you add up all the PSL money and first 5-year ticket prices, the stadium is paid for in 5 years or less... all on the backs of the fans! Who the hell opens a brand new builiding in the business world and is able to pay it off in 5 years? No one!

They claimed they "needed" the huge PSL because of the huge costs (and they were huge... over the top, IMO), but the real reason is that these guys Woody and Ticsch and Mara refused to seek out a financing program that had them on a typical 10-12 or even 20-year payout. This thing will be free and clear in 5 years and guess who paid for it? All of it!

So, of course, when they hit me with $7500 PSL per seat in my section (that would be $30 large up front for my 4 seats) with a ticket price of $400 per seat ($1600 to me every Sunday... GULP), I naturally told them I'd rather experience a root canal with no anesthesia while undergoing a colonoscopy on the 50-yard line with all of my friends and grandkids watching.

Something reasonable would have been a $2,000 PSL per seat with a ticket price of, say $175 per game. But you can't even sit in the last row of the EZ for that, so they can stick it. I'm ridiculously happy right where I am.

11. Gator

Gator Active Member

The $400 seats sound like club seats that include food.

12. Section 227. Row 5

Maybe, but my seats presently cost $125, so they can't feed me anything that's worth $275 per seat x 4... it's just not possible.

If I want good food I'll go to a quality restaurant, not a stadium, so I never once ever took the food into consideration. Not once. Besides, we eat out in the parking lot and wouldn't trade that for a gourmet meal anywhere.

I think the original quote on my seats was $400, but it got lowered to $275... is that possible? Can't remember now. But the point is still moot... $125 works for me and $275 doesn't. Remember, everything for me was times 4, not 2.

13. JetsFan#1

JetsFan#1 Member

The mezzanine club section ticket price does not include food. So the original price of $400 did not include any food. The price was lowered I think to $245 per ticket...still no free food. You would have been more than welcome to buy a $5 slice of bowling alley pizza or perhaps a $10 hamburger.

14. Gator

Gator Active Member

Sure it does.

http://www.newyorkjets.com/tickets-and-stadium/new-stadium/clubs/touchdown-and-gridiron-club.html

Maybe not...I see cash registers. Thought it did. Who would pay 4 bills a ticket for a club seat that doesn't come with food? No wonder those are always the ones you see empty. Jets are clowns.

#11914 Gator, Apr 13, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2011
  15. JetsFan#1

JetsFan#1 Member

Only the lower level clubs include food (Coaches Club and Great Hall Club). They dropped the great hall club from $600 per ticket to $395 per ticket becasue it was a ghost town. They got a lot of people who were paying the same amount in the mezzanine clubs to move down. If you're willing to pay $395 a ticket to sit in the mezzanine club and have to buy food, you might as well pay $395 a ticket in the lower level and get it for "free".

16. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

Doesn't the regular season schedule get released this month?

17. JLJets

JLJets New Member

Usually Mid April

Yes, the schedule is usually around now. Recall that it always came out on April 1 or 2. Then when the NFL Network was born, they made a production out of the announcement and pushed it back a week or two. Now, the date hasn't even been announced yet. I suspect that's because of the lockout.
    I still think it will be in a week or two, not later than the end of April.

18. JLJets

JLJets New Member

Preseason.

Here's the preseason schedule announced yesterday. Dates are approximate, but will probably hold, pending the lockout. (excuse the spacing, I copied/pasted)

Jets Preseason 2011

Day Date Away Home
    Monday Aug. 15 Jets Houston Texans
    Saturday Aug. 20 Bengals Jets
    Saturday Aug. 27 Jets Giants
    Thursday Sept. 1 Eagles Jets

19. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

The regular season schedule will be released next week. Get ready for 2 1pm games at home and the rest all over the place. The price we pay

#11919 sec314, Apr 14, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2011
  20. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Incredible. Wow, did they miss the mark with their pricing strategies. The change in the economy from 2007 to 2010 is a big part of it, but still.

One day a stadium will be built with just 9,000 seats, all costing $3000 per game which includes livery service and a massage from a flight crew member.

Very sad. That is unless you're one who has not gotten busted yet for insider trading, or were a "public servant" collecting multiple pensions while holding a third paid office seat in state government.

Yes, I am bitter ; )