17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

:beer::up:

2. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

a 9-11 night game would be a huge attention grab by the nfl so you can count on it happening. i guess everyone is happy only because it would be a home game. i am sure the giants fans feel differently, then again with all the empty seats i am sure that half of them will be there.

3. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

I thought we already discussed this but if not, I caught around 250 GD, around 100 JGB, and a handful of Phil shows.

I was on every tour East and West from spring tour 89 until Jerry died but I only caught 1 East Coast summer tour which was the 91 tour.

I found the vibe and the law enforcement too much to deal with on the East coast summer tours.

I was lucky to make it into every show I wanted to be in for.

I had a laminate kicked down through GDP almost every tour after Brent died.

Still have the laminates and over 100 mail order stubs from back then.

Once the big man died, I gave up on the shows.

I still keep in touch with a ton of family and once in a while catch a show to see them but for me the magic died when Jerry did.

4. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I have seen about 100 shows all total, started in 1976 until early 83/84 when the band became stale. After that, i would see them every couple years and it would remind me of why I stopped going. The late 70's was awesome, went to every Radio City show, all 8. The latest incarnation is great, really sweet, but I get it. Time to move on

5. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

So you're insulting PH in a backhanded manor?

You're implying all the shows he saw were them as the stale version?

Do you guys like Phish?

6. Gator

Gator Active Member

I went to the Sunday show. Elvis Costello was very good. Excellent show.

Just re-upped my J!E!T!S! tickets. Now these f'ers have to settle

7. nyjunc

If you sned Goodell an e-mail he will get right on it:up:

I have zero worries about them missing games, this may drag out through most of the offseason but I will be stunned if they miss games.

8. RMorin

RMorin Member

I re-upped today too. Got uppers in 315 after being in 333 last year. Basically moved 4 sections closer to the 50 for the same price and am thank god on the sunny side of the field now.

9. asbcheeks

asbcheeks Member

I made it official today and emailed my rep to give up my seats. Didn't get any reply. Shocker.

10. RMorin

RMorin Member

I am being completely serious in this question:

Why give them up now? The Jets have one of the brightest futures in the NFL ... if you stuck through all those terrible years why get out now?
    If its a financial reason like you got laid off or whatever I completely understand but otherwise why bail now?

11. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

So you're insulting PH in a backhanded manor?

You're implying all the shows he saw were them as the stale version?

Do you guys like Phish

Dude, you have major issues of paranoia. If PH means Phish, where in hell did you get that from ? Holy smokes, talk about out of left field. My opinions on the band post 84, are just that based on what I heard and saw starting in 1976. I still loved the guys, the vibe and the people on the bus. its was just my time to get off. I am sure Pats-Hater understood. I really like Trey's solo stuff

#11791 sec314, Mar 31, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2011
  12. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

More great news for another STH. I moved from the Sunny to the shade and I am happy. To damm hot in the fall. Let me know what you think in Sept. and will do the same in December.

#11792 sec314, Mar 31, 2011
  13. baamf

baamf Active Member

I finally gave in and paid for my new seats although they weren't able to give me assurance that I can get an extra parking pass which I need for one of the people who is in on my tix. I don't think it will be a problem though as it means more money in their pockets, we shall see.

Anyway, looking forward to rocking section 340 this year. Now if they would just get their shit together and settle on a new CBA we'll be ready to roll.

BTW, sec314 I haven't been around in a while but just to comment on the remarks made by you and 227 regarding the pessimism going into the year, I'm definitely with you. I guess it's just seeing all of the crazy things that have happened over my 25-30 years of attending that just leaves me waiting for the next sub-plot. Making the championship game for two years in a row with nothing to show for it is scarey. Here's hoping that Rex and company can get over the hump but it's hard to shake those early years of hardship. We shall see...

#11793 baamf, Mar 31, 2011
  14. nyjunc

When we actually used to have 1PM games in december the sunny side used to be great.

15. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Baamf, what row are you in? As you know, I just moved from 319 to 340, row 8 and I wanted to know about the people in my new section? The 319 people by us were ass holes, another reason I am glad we are gone. Also, how close are the bathrooms and the stairs for a quick exit? Yeah, feeling good about the Jets future with coach and Qb, but for one year, not so. Odds are long

16. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

And the September games were brutal

17. RMorin

RMorin Member

I was in the sunny side in the old stadium and loved it. You are absolutely correct that those September 1pm games are tough, but I'd gladly deal with that to even have a couple degrees warmer in the November-December games. I'm originally from southeastern Texas so I prefer the heat.

I just hope that since I am in better seats hopefully there will be more season ticket holders around me. The other teams fans/people that buy tickets off ebay aren't fun to sit around.

#11797 RMorin, Mar 31, 2011
  18. nyjunc

yeah but we don't really have any 1PM September games anymore either.

19. asbcheeks

asbcheeks Member

My seats suck and I'll still go to the same number of games I normally go to through ticketmaster (sure to be single game tix on sale again this year) and if necessary scalping, and still come out ahead not paying for preseason, Bills in Jan, etc. And if we actually manage to get a home playoff game this year I'll just scalp my way in and probably still come out ahead overall.

And as I've stated several times previously in this thread, I believe PSLs will frequently be available for resale below their original price in the future (basically any rough stretch for the team), and I always have the option of buying back in - season ticket tenure no longer has any value in that respect.

For now, it makes more sense for me to pick and choose games rather than pay for the whole slate in seats I don't like.

20. nyjunc

After the Jets refused to put my 4 seats together(we had 2 seats in one row then 2 more 5 rows back) I gave up my tickets but I still go to every game and it costs me MUCH less than it would if I was still a season ticket holder. Do I miss being a STH? sure but this has worked out much better for me.