17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

My bad, it's hard to tell sometimes.

I think we should change the font color to teal for any sarcastic remarks that might be taken seriously. The Phins are a joke so it's very fitting.

2. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Christie missed out he could have a formula 1 race track but oh well now it is being built in Austin TX

3. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

That's what I was getting at.

Dinoco and Rust-eze would be very interested in having a sponsorship deal I'm sure.

4. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Didn't they have F-1 racing at the Meadowlands years ago? Back in the late eighties, early nineties I think?

5. JLJets

JLJets New Member

2011 Schedule

Has anyone heard when the 2011 schedule will be announced? For years, it was April 1 or 2. Then, when the NFL Network was born, they made a big show of it and moved it to mid-April. I don't know if the lockout will affect the schedule announcement or not.

Also, since we're playing the NFC East this year, does that mean we may not play the Giants, Eagles or Redskins in the preseason, as we normally do?

6. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

A few years ago, the people who own Nascar bought a place in Staten Island to build a track. Unfortunately, the policians didn't get their cut and put the kybosh on it. Currently, Nascar runs one race in the finger lakes region on a road course and two races in the Poconos. I would bet a large percentage of those attending that race would be NY Metro residents.

Another poster made an issue about ratings and attendance being down with the economy. Because many fans travel long distances to races, attendance is definitely down at many venue. Ratings have been down as Nascar needs a new, popular star. BUT - NASCAR remains very popular.

Ideally, a track would have two race weekends (about 5 races including Truck and Nationwide Races) per year, but some tracks survive on one. If NJ gave Nascar a deal on the land where the horsetrack is, I am sure Nascar could build their own track without much in the way of subsidies b/c parking, highway access, and even mass transit is already there. Unlike NFL stadiums, most nascar arenas are pretty low frill affairs. Basically,, they build the track, the infield, install metal bleachers, and luxury boxes.

Basically, the state makes money (unlike with the racetrack) and Nascar makes money.

7. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

I think we still play the giants although it may be the giants preseason home game.

I remember this happening last time.

8. sg3

sg3 Banned

a Midget home BS exhib game and a Jet home reg season game

unfortunately my bet is that the lil old schedulemaker and NBC ratings whore has Sunday night September 11 in the plans for the regular season game

9. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Supposedly they are planning to release the sched in mid April as usual and no the reg season sched will not affect preseason. We will be playing the Giants and Eagles as always. This year we play the Giants at home in the reg season and on the road in preseason.

10. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Since 9/11/11 is the 10 year anniversary of the WTC, I can see a Sunday night Jet/Giant game. That would awesome, what a way to open the season and take time to think about all the 9/11 victims with 2 NY teams in attendance. The NFL would blow it if they did not execute this

11. nyjunc

I would hate that, that's a game that should be played in the middle of the season not on opening week. It's going to be another sad anniversary for the victims of 9/11- a game btw the Jets and Giants isn't going to do anything to help that.

12. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Who and how can someone help a family of 9/11 other then remembering?? Its ANOTHER way for the locals to be together to remember these people and remind ourselves why we love this country. Normally, I would rather play the game later in the season, but this is to obvious to ignore.

13. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Like a Yankees-Mets World Series?

14. nyjunc

I know in the past the NFL never wanted to scheudle Jets-Giants game for nighttime for fear of fan problems, they have lifted many of their old policies w/ regards to scheduling- would they do it w/ this? I'd bet there would be problems in the stands that would make us all look bad. I'd rather not risk it.

What does that have to do w/ scheduling a Jets-Giants game in week 1 in prime time?

15. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Figure it out.

16. nyjunc

There's nothing to figure out, it makes no sense.

17. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

I worked across the street from the towers at 1 Liberty Plaza during the 2000 series and during the attacks on 9-11.

I remember a lot of my co-workers and other acquaintances talking a ton about how a NYY-NYM Series in 2001 would have been great for the city and for the families of 9-11.

I've spoken to other people who were hearing the same things at the time. I didn't agree which in essence is the same as me agreeing with you now that a Jets-Giants game should not be purposely played on 9-11.

That's all I was saying douchebag. Goddamn everything has to be black and white with you motherfucker.

18. nyjunc

First off, calm down and act like an adult. You are the one throwing a hissy fit here.

A world series is completely different, it's not on the date of the attacks. You were talking about 2 months later in the aftermath of the attacks. The yankee WS was a nice distraction from reality for a few hours and if the Mets made it too it could have been a good thing but this is 10 years later and on the actual date. Your examples are very different. I'm not saying I am right or wrong, I'm giving my opinion. I would not want to see the teams open up on Sunday Night on 9/11. There will be enough coverage and remembrance w/o the 2 teams meeting each other. NY should be united that day, not battling one another.

19. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Its all good dude. No actual hissy fit here.

20. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

On another note, love you Avatar Pats-hater. Did you go to any shows?