17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

I'm upset you didn't laugh at my parsippany powder puffs joke.

I'm sick of SOJ fans too but I don't think either 314 or 227 is one.

2. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

I serious think you have to take several steps backwards & divorce yourself from your deluded NYJ world & the outside the NYJ real world. Just because one does not have the same beliefs that you may have on the NYJs does not mean he is either old or complaining & for sure DOES not mean that the person is operating his real outside life based on his feelings of the NYJs. How you or anybody that post can actually believe that & since you posted it I have to assume you do then I think U should forget about the NYJs until Sept this year if there is a season & going about enjoying real life until then. Maybe taking up deep sea fishing or bowling etc, etc, etc :jets:

3. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I agree, 314 and 227 are under the impression you have to be negative to be a "true" Jets fan. I was simply pointing out that not all True Jet fan fans are negative, nor do they have to be. My Old Man got to enjoy the Jets winning a SB in his lifetime and he remains positive after all these years.

I hate fish and if I wanted to play with anything that allowed 3 inputs I'd visit the bunny ranch.

4. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

LOL

I did enjoy it, once I see a comment I want to reply to I end up missing the rest.

5. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

My comment about deep sea fishing was just a analogy to get your self a life until Sept when FB season will be upon us if there is a season & talk of the NYJs will again be in vogue.

As for your dad I am sure just like me he has fond of memories of 01/12/69 & the aftermath like the parade up Broadway & then finally the raising of the championship flag in Sept 1969 at the 1st home game of the new season. If continues to be upbeat after 42 years of losing then good for him & hopefully the NYJs will pull off miracle #2 during his lifetime. I OTH do not see the things needed that would qualify us as SB ready sorry to say & that includes both players & coaches. That is why I say RR window is closing far faster then most on this board think no matter how excited he gets the fan based jazzed up with his words. Remember words DO NOT win championships & that superior coaching & players do :jets:

6. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Dude, IT WAS A JOKE!

Sheesh....

7. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Postive fans can be True Jet fans for sure,that's not what we meant, its just means you have not been going/rooting for a long time, that's all. Plus we are just having fun. Deep down, I have hope, but there is a jet mechanism that prevents me from truly believing, I guess its self defense. I am not that old but I bought seasons when I was 17 years old and I have not seen one single home Championship game. Its pathetic. And please, dont compare real life everyday stuff to rooting for the Jets.

#11747 sec314, Mar 28, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2011
  8. Section 227. Row 5

Thank you. Somebody around here enjoys my sense of humor.

Porkman, who is 314's buddy, tells him "You are very negative, 314" and I retort with, "Of course he is, he's a Jets fan." I mean, come on... sometiomes we have to laugh at our own Same Old "Jetsness."

And BTW, I still buy Season Tickets and go to the games with my son, wife and others, so what does that tell you? If I were TRUE SOJ fan I'd be cursing every game and lying on the floor in the fetal position at the start of every game. Hey wait a minute... that's what I do... what am I saying?

9. Section 227. Row 5

Governor Christie is calling for a re-do on the Xanandu eyesore next to the Parking Deck on the east side of 120.

Truth be known, they should tear the freaking thing down altogether. What a complete waste. Turn it into additional parking and exit lanes for the stadium and Izod and you'd eliminate the tight parking and bullshit traffic flow we have to put up with.

The thing is a complete failure. Bite the bullet, take the loss and tear it down already.

10. crossfire

crossfire New Member

Governor Christie:

“They have to change the godawful ugly outside,” he said. “It’s by far the ugliest damn building in New Jersey and maybe America.”

The governor said he hopes to work out an agreement with Triple Five LLC, operator of the Mall of America in Minnesota, to take over the project.

11. Section 227. Row 5

I knew about the plan to try to salvage it, I'm just not for it. I don't think anything should have been built that close to begin with.

The stadium (and the IZOD) should have been given more room. It's ridiculous the way it's all packed in there. Exit lanes from those two events would have been much better served if that monsrositity was never there.

Better yet, the entire new stadium should have been on the west side of 120, parking and all. WTF is up with thinking that it's okay to make people trapse all the way from the east side of 120 through a tunnel and across a highway to go to a fucking game?

I mean.... seriously.... who the hell devises a plan like that?

12. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

Governments are notorius for throwing good money after bad. A MUCH better use of the space at the Meadowlands would be to demolish Xanadu and probably the horse track (My understanding is that it loses money year after year). On the site of the horse track, they could build at Nascar track similar in size to Martinsville or Bristol. They would draw huge crowds during a time when the facility otherwise sits dormant.

13. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

yup still dont own a PSL

14. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I hear Nascar attendance and ratings are down, kind peaked already. How bout nothing, just get rid of everything but the NMS, sell some of the land to build places to eat for patrons that don't have access to stadium clubs and use the $ to put a roof over the NMS and it will make back the money lost on Xanadu in 10 years with all the stuff you book

#11754 sec314, Mar 29, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2011
  15. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

I don't follow NASCAR closely.

How many races a year would be held at this track ??

Is there a market in NY Metro for this ??

16. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

they almost built a track in staten island

17. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Possibly 2 Nationwide and 2 Sprint Cup races, that's about it.

Maybe the Piston Cup would race there?

18. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

http://www.nascar.com/2010/news/business/10/18/tv-ratings-chase-drop/index.html

NASCAR's Chase for the Sprint Cup moved from ABC to ESPN this year, but TV viewers haven't followed.

Ratings for the first four Chase races in 2010 were down 27 percent compared with last year. The decline is enough of a concern that top ESPN and NASCAR executives met in Charlotte last weekend to come up with ways to reverse the trend.

Certainly the racing our drivers are doing is not the issue by anyone's measure.

-- PAUL BROOKSIt's a drop-off that has caught network and property executives off guard, and it has led them to analyze viewership patterns to pinpoint reasons for the decline.

As of last week, no one had a clear answer.

"The simple fact is that people just are not tuning in," said Julie Sobieski, ESPN's vice president of programming and acquisitions. "We're looking at everything to find out why."

Top ESPN executives, including president George Bodenheimer, traveled to Charlotte for the fifth race of the Chase, the Bank of America 500, and engaged NASCAR executives during several meetings. A team of ESPN's top editorial staff, including Rob King, ESPN digital media editor-in-chief, and Glenn Jacobs, senior coordinating producer of SportsCenter, also attended the race and were given a three-day, behind-the-scenes immersion into NASCAR operations.

ESPN and NASCAR officials hope enhanced coverage of the sport on SportsCenter and ESPN.com will drive tune-in for future races.

"The races have been fantastic," said Paul Brooks, NASCAR senior vice president. "We just have to do everything we can on all sides to make sure that initial tune-in audience is there."

NASCAR ratings are down across all of the sport's network partners this season, between 4 percent and 6 percent on Fox, TNT and SPEED. But the Chase races, which switched from ABC to ESPN for the first time this year, have showed much bigger declines. ESPN's 2.4 average rating through the first four Chase races this year is well below the 3.3 average rating ABC pulled for the same events last year.

The most logical explanation for the decline would appear to be the move from ABC, which reaches 116 million homes, to ESPN, which reaches 100 million homes. But NASCAR and ESPN executives rebuffed that theory and pointed to ESPN races last year that pulled better TV numbers than races on ABC. Most of this year's drop-off, they added, comes from homes that have ESPN.

"It's such a small factor when we look at the decline," Sobieski said of the shift from ABC to ESPN.

Another factor they are analyzing is NASCAR's decision to move most of its races to a 1 p.m. ET start on Sundays. The move has provided consistency but puts the races head-to-head with the start of the NFL's early Sunday games. Each of the Chase's first four races went up against NFL programming. The Charlotte race, the only Chase race to air on ABC, was the first to dodge that competition, with the race beginning at 7:45 p.m. Saturday.

Sobieski pointed to the strength of the NFL as a notable factor in the NASCAR ratings decline. She said the NFL has seen a 10 percent jump in its early Sunday window (1-4 p.m. ET), pushing NFL ratings up 1.7 points compared with NASCAR's 0.9 point drop during the same period.

"There's only so much available sports audience at that time," Sobieski said.

On the track, the racing this year has been more exciting than in recent seasons, leading to even more confusion over why viewers are not watching.

NASCAR set the tone at the beginning of the season, saying that drivers should "have at it" on the track, meaning they would be responsible for policing themselves more than they have in the past. In theory, that would lead to more rivalries and story lines throughout the season, but those factors have not had the impact on ratings NASCAR and its network partners were hoping to see.

"Certainly the racing our drivers are doing is not the issue by anyone's measure," Brooks said.

ESPN and NASCAR are looking into promotions to drive tune-in for the final five races of the Chase but currently don't have any concrete marketing plans.

"I wish we had a silver bullet," Sobieski said. "We're doing everything we can to focus on racing."

19. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

do you think a new track could attract Lightning McQueen to race?

20. sect105

sect105 New Member

kachow!!!!