Top 7 realistic options at 30

Discussion in 'Draft' started by bigcotch, Mar 24, 2011.

?

WHAT ARE YOUR TOP 7 OPTIONS FOR 30

1. HOUSTON

8 vote(s)
    21.1%
  2. REED

9 vote(s)
    23.7%
  3. PAEA

6 vote(s)
    15.8%
  4. WILKERSON

7 vote(s)
    18.4%
  5. AYERS

2 vote(s)
    5.3%
  6. KERRIGAN

3 vote(s)
    7.9%
  7. TAYLOR

3 vote(s)
    7.9%
  1. 624

624 Banned

You make a good point.

2. JetsFanatic389

JetsFanatic389 New Member

looks like someone is on her period..

is paea really that far of a reach for someone to stop reading a criticize? i'm not a fan of him either but what's with the hate?

3. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

Newton and Von Miller = locks at 30

4. bigcotch

bigcotch Banned

Good call.

Asking for someone elses top 5-10 realistic options is a pretty legit question. Are you really that upset that I think Fairley is not going to be a top 10 pick?

There is so much talent up top, and if those two shitty QB's go early, I think Fairley will fall. Maybe I'll be wrong.

Keep following what everyone else on here tells you to. Maybe we can draft Everson Griffen, Ricky Sapp and Freddie Barnes.

5. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

Relax dude everyones just fucking around. These options aren't terrible, id say 4-5 are reasonable but Kerrigan, Paea, and Houston are pretty much reaches.

I'd say my "top 8" players that should be there are:

Ayers
    Reed
    Wilk ( if he gets past Baltimore)
    Taylor ( don't like him at 30)
    Sheard
    Solder
    Moore
    Liuget ( had shitty workouts though)

6. bigcotch

bigcotch Banned

I'd just prefer that someone actually challenge me with real football knowledge, rather than just being an ass for no reason- glad to see someone elses top guys.

I noted that I think probably 5 of those 7 will be there when we pick. Maybe guys like Kerrigan, Houston and Paea will be gone a few picks earlier, but I don't think it makes sense to just stop disgussing them all together- it's not like I put Patrick Peterson on there. I think there's a chance they will be there.

I don't like Taylor much at 30 either. He looks pretty terrible in some of the videos I've seen. I wouldn't be opposed to trading back, but I still think he's got a real downside. NT is so important though, it might just be worth the risk.

I never really considered Liuget- he seems like more of a 4-3 guy, but if he can play, he can play. I wouldn't rule him out just because he's a few lbs or inches from prototype.

Draft projections are off every year. Websites and analysts post their opinions and fans like the ones here regurgitate the same information. Last year there were so many guys talked about here that were SO far off. AluAlu, Sapp, Griffen- even Kyle Wilson. That's no disrespect to anyone here either- just saying that the draft never goes how "experts" predict... from TGG to espn.

7. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

True, I'll be sure to base my opinion of more players on how intelligent they come off in interviews.

8. bigcotch

bigcotch Banned

Hate to break it to you, but interviews do tell you a lot about a person. It was beyond stupidity- it was the complete lack of effort to give a good impression. It's a sign of immaturity, lack of effort, lack of preparation, and to me, a huge red flag.

Maybe interviews are the reason guys "rise" and "fall"

9. Green Hurricane

Interviews with NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE TEAMS do matter, yes. Interviews with fucking NFL radio? No. It doesn't show a lack of maturity, effort, or preparation, it shows that Nick Fairley isn't a good speaker and/or doesn't feel comfortable with the media. Oh no, I guess he won't be president after he retires.

10. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

this thread just went "full on retard".

11. bigcotch

bigcotch Banned

Did you listen to the interview?

I'm guessing no.

I have a hard time believing that his team interviews will be much different.

In my opinion, if he goes early it's to Cincy. If he gets past Washington at 10, I wouldn't be shocked to see him fall all the way to Jacksonville.

Kill me for going against the grain if you'd like.

12. Green Hurricane

I've listened to him interviewed other times and he sounds no different than 75% of the NFL. I've also seen him play football and he's clearly one of the three most impressive talents in this year's draft. I'm not bashing you for "going against the grain", I'm bashing you for doing it based on a stupid premise.

13. bigcotch

bigcotch Banned

Obviously the other players available have a lot to do with my opinion of where he's going to be picked. It's not like I'm saying he can't play in the NFL, but he might fall behind some of the other incredibly talented guys at the top of this draft.

You don't think that with guys like Newton, Gabbert, Dareus, Miller, Peterson, Green, Quinn, Bowers, Jones and Prince available that he might not be a top 10 pick? There's a lot of talent at the top. If cincy goes WR, and two QB's are picked, I think it pushes him out of the top 10.

Who the fuck knows, maybe Dareus goes 2 and he goes 3.

14. Green Hurricane

Again, I'm not ripping the idea that a meteor could strike and he falls a bit, I'm ripping your poor reasoning for why it would happen. You want to say Fairley could fall out of the top ten because other teams will go need over value, fine, I'd enjoy the debate; however, if you say he'll fall because he seemed stupid in an interview on some random NFL radio show, I'm going to make fun of you.

Side note, the only players in this draft that are at his level are Peterson and Green. All of the other guys you mentioned are, to me, at least one notch below.

15. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

I haven't heard the interview.
    If he sounded like a bad speaker, or a little uneducated, it wouldn't raise too many flags at DT for me.

If he sounded aloof, or completely unprepared for basic interview questions, i'd be a little concerned.

When you put energy and preparation into something as slight as a media interview, it does show something about your work ethic and overall respect level for this process.

16. bigcotch

bigcotch Banned

It was the latter.

He was totally unprepared- showed no interest in being there. Didn't care enough to put his best foot forward, despite Millions of listeners. I can handle a guy who can barely speak. Cromartie and Bryan Thomas are among the worst I've ever seen. But this was much worse.

They were asking him softball questions about what he could lift. Easy answer right? He just couldn't communicate the information to them. Then they simplified the question, and just asked what he benched. He was giving them the run around, and then finally said "about 440lbs" They called him on his vague answer, but he didn't clarify. Then they asked what he squatted, and he did the same thing. Then powerclean- same thing! It litterally took 6 minutes of the show for him to tell them what he benched. It was brutal. They ripped him on it after the interview.

PS: This afternoon, they gave their updated mock draft... guess who was not in their top 10?

17. bigcotch

bigcotch Banned

Poor judgement? Assuming he wouldn't go top 10 only because of that particular interview would be silly, sure. However, one might assume he would conduct himself in a similar fashion for an NFL team asking him even more difficult questions.

He couldn't handle the softball BS questions from a radio interview. How is he going to fare when a head coach and GM are grilling him about his MULTIPLE dirty plays throughout his career? The guy plays like a scumbag and he's going to be questioned about it hard.

Trust me, he won't be talking his way out of anything.

18. casman02

casman02 New Member

Clearly someone forgot about Alvin Mack who was one of the most dominant LBs I have ever seen. He thought the Punic Wars were fought between Detroit and Buffalo, but he could diagnose a play and recognize his assignment in a split second. Its a shame a severe knee injury derailed a very promising pro career.

19. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

LMAO. That is fukin hilarious! lol

20. Green Hurricane

How could you assume that? A throwaway interview with a random radio show vs. interviews with NFL teams? How could you seriously compare the two? How could you ever assume that there would be ANY correlation in preparation?

One is complete bullshit and probably just another of hundreds of pointless media interviews he's forced to do now that he's no longer protected by the college athlete tag, while the others are some of the most important meetings he'll have in his life.