2011 Fatcesa thread (Jets related only) - Revis owns fatty on 10/21/2011

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LoyalJetsFan, Mar 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Boooooooo. "Fatcesa" did not win the poll.

#21 Cakes, Mar 15, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2011
  2. FriendlyGiantsFan

FriendlyGiantsFan New Member

The Giants also charge less for their PSLs in general than the Jets do, so it probably balances out a lot closer than you would think. In terms of networth, the Giants are one of the more valuable franchises in the league due to their location, history, and the fact that they have been in the same family of owners for a very long time. It doesn't hurt that the Tisch family is heavily involved in film production and, apparently, is doing quite well in this field.

But seriously, I don't see how the Jets' brass can think it's a good idea to cut the pay of a group of coaches that they can see success with for the foreseeable future.

3. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

The sucessful Packers seem to think its "a good idea"...

"Our coaches, our scouts, even Mark Murphy and Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy, we're looking at relatively sizable salary reductions until this matter is resolved,".....
    Green Bay Vice-President of Administration/General Counsel Jason Wied

4. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

But fatty won't mention that since the Packers just won a SB. It's only outragis and disgraceful when the jets do it.

5. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

I never listen to the guy so I have no idea if those quotes are even accurate.

6. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

7. Gator

Gator Active Member

The last time it was compiled by Forbes, Jets and Giants were pretty close regarding value of the franchises. Wonder if the Jets will be worth more the next time since we're the media darlings now.

8. FriendlyGiantsFan

The Packers didn't just finish suffering through Eric Mangini and Herm Edwards. The Jets have endured some garbage coaches and now have the most charismatic HC in the league at the helm. They've done a pretty good job surrounding him with coaches that can win as well (I know Schotty sucks, but love him or hate him he was a part of 2 seasons that ended in the AFC Championship). It just seems to me that they wouldn't want to risk breaking this group up because they've seen how bad it can be.

9. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

What risk ??

The coaches are under contract..they are going nowhere.

And even if they walked out the door..who would be drastically missed ??

Maybe Callahan..no one else.
    But Callahan is smart enough to not go anywhere short of another HC position.

Westoff is retiring

Certainly not Schotty...and the D is all on Rex.

This is a complete non-issue.

10. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I've worked in front offices before and there is a lot more work that gets done in the off season then there is in the regular season. Now I've only worked in minor league baseball and Arena Football but they were both the same. Just like the players the season is the reward however having never worked in the NFL I don't know if it's the same but it probably is.

11. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

Jets made it so easy for Francesa with the cutting salaries of the employees. They always do the wrong thing.

12. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

That's because we are classless.

13. FriendlyGiantsFan

Do any PSL holders know if they still have to pay in the event of their not being football this year? I searched a bit but couldn't find anything about this being posted.

14. FriendlyGiantsFan

If the Jets are doing as well as Forbes most recently stated (I'm quoting another poster who read the article on this one, I'm not nearly intelligent enough to read anything regarding economics) then why slight your coaching staff by cutting their salaries.

All I'm saying is that it's surprising to me considering how loved & talented this coaching staff is and how bad the previous coaching administrations have been.

I get that you disagree and that you might be right, but try to be a tad less pissy.

15. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Tickets are being refunded...idk about PSL payment plans. I'm assuming you still need to pay on time because there will be football at some point and a PSL isn't active only for 2011.

16. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

francesar getting on the jets for making us pay for psls, and the giants arent.

wait but my friend told me you need to give the giants your credit card # by a certain date...so i dont know how that adds up.

17. I Come in peace

I Come in peace New Member

Few things here.

1) being the media "darlings" as one poster stated has nothing to do with a teams net worth value. There is a ton of stuff that goes into this and based on financial statistics the Jets and Giants are both worth a shitload of money and are both in the top 10.

2)The Giants are NOT cutting any employees salary. Whatever the reason is it is. This is not to disparage any other franchise, but this is a class move.

3)in regards to season tickets we are required to give the Giants our credit card with the option of paying NOW or having 14 days from the time a CBA is reached to pay the bill. Again not to disparage any other NFL franchise not doing this, but its a very nice thing..

4)DONT PAY ATTENTION TO FRANCESSA IN REGARDS TO THE JETS....hes classless and as bias as they come.

I anxiously awaiting the commentary of one Craig Carton. He loves to bash on the Giants every chance he can and I also heard him dismiss a Nets fan today who talked about making 2 straight NBA finals a few years back to which he dismissed since they lost. Ironic if you ask me when he constantly talks about the Jets reaching 2 straight AFC champ games, which im my opinion like reaching 2 straight NBA finals is something to be proud of.

18. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

Yep. The G-men would never ever do anything so classless.

19. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

It seems like the Giants wait for the Jets to make their move and then the Giants announce their decision. Well, the Giants got it right, the Jets are wrong. Douchy move cutting the coaches and office people and while I don't mind paying the 50% for seasons, the Giants tell there fans to wait until its settled. We have better coaches, better players and a better GM, but they have a better owner. Yes, we have a better GM, the Giants won their Super Bowl with mostly Acorsi's players. Not that the Giants GM is not good, but Mr. T is the da man

20. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

Fixed it just for you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.