17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

2. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

im glad current sth are getting moved

3. sect105

sect105 New Member

WOW!!!! you are lucky! I have made 5 calls in the past two weeks. Every time they will not move me. Last week they told me to pay first then I can possibly get moved. This Saturday, I called and said I wish to cancel if they do not move me and was told, they can not do anything. They said the whole process takes time and be patient. I said my Auto pay kicks in on 3/15, why would I want to pay for seats I do not want and then hope I get moved. So, he took me off auto pay and told me to wait for a call. I told him move me now, and I will pay the whole invoice in full. Again, he said he could not do anything. I do not like being jerked around, but I also don't want to give up being a STH.

4. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Now this is funny. THe jets were nominated for the franchise of the year which is cool, but the NMS is nominated for arena of the year. I hope the stadium wins, that would be funny

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/jets_nominated_for_sports_team_of_7ROGMxaG8l1yJ4tDkGMegP

We don’t know if Rex Ryan has guaranteed this victory ... yet.

The Jets have been nominated by the Sports Business Journal as the Professional Sports Team of the Year. The Jets have become the NFL’s most-talked-about franchise — for better or worse — thanks to their boisterous coach and off-the-field controversies. They became the talk of the area and of football after starring on HBO's "Hard Knocks" during training camp.

On the field, the Jets have advanced to consecutive AFC Championship games, losing to the Colts and Steelers. But they are the top NFL team, according to this publication.

“I think we have the most innovative, hard-working staff in sports, and I’m really pleased to see their work recognized,” Matt Higgins, executive vice president of business operations, said on the Jets website. “We really appreciate the SBJ for noticing the transformation that has taken place at the Jets over the years.”

The Jets are competing against Chip Ganassi Racing, the Orlando Magic, the Pittsburgh Penguins and the San Francisco Giants. The Giants are the only team coming off a championship after beating the Rangers in the World Series.

New Meadowlands Stadium, which opened last year, was nominated for Sports Facility of the Year, along with Red Bull Arena.

According to the Ganassi website, “The 2011 nominees were selected based on their excellence and outstanding achievements in the business of sports from March 1, 2010 through Feb. 28 of this year.”

The Seattle Sounders of the MLS won the award last year after setting a record for highest average attendance at 31,000.

The awards will be presented May 18 at the Mariott Marquis in Manhattan.

5. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

How the hell could this bland stadium be nominated for anything?

I saw this on Twitter when it was first announced and thought it was a joke. I guess people love the grey warehouse look with a shitty parking plan.

6. rjmkrm

rjmkrm Member

WOW!!!! you are lucky! I have made 5 calls in the past two weeks. Every time they will not move me. Last week they told me to pay first then I can possibly get moved. This Saturday, I called and said I wish to cancel if they do not move me and was told, they can not do anything. They said the whole process takes time and be patient. I said my Auto pay kicks in on 3/15, why would I want to pay for seats I do not want and then hope I get moved. So, he took me off auto pay and told me to wait for a call. I told him move me now, and I will pay the whole invoice in full. Again, he said he could not do anything. I do not like being jerked around, but I also don't want to give up being a STH.

Be persistent. Don't take no for an answer. Ask to speak with a supervisor. What finally got them for me was telling them about frinnds that have already been relocated. Dont give up!!

7. rjmkrm

rjmkrm Member

Thanks! Much better than our previous section. In 320 we were the farthest away you could be from the field

8. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Are you thanking yourself?

9. MadBacker Prime

Thank you!!

Someone had to say it.

10. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

spot on georgie!

11. MadBacker Prime

SteinerSports now has section signs from the old stadium, one that point you in the right direction and the actual lit up section sign.

They have my section still available for $450.00 and I'm deciding if I should get it. Also if I should buy for me or my Dad. I didn't want anything from that place but this is pretty damn cool.

Thoughts?

12. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Its still from Giants Stadium.

13. MadBacker Prime

Yeah but I have so many memories going to Jet games, and in the same section for 25 years.

That's my dilemma though too, that it has Giant funk all over it. I sent the Old Man a email seeing what he thinks. It still lights up too, it'd be a nice piece for the Jet/Man-Room.

14. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Yeah man. If you dig it..

15. 17a_tailgater

Rainy day.Good day for an upgrade

16. jetsfan323

jetsfan323 New Member

Just thought I would share my experience:

I had seats in sec 323 row 21. When the invoices came out I called my rep and he said I would be recieving a phone call about the upgrade and since on my account it stated I would not renew unless I received an upgrade, I would be a priority. (I guess it is important to state I had voiced my opinion MANY times during the year about how lousy the stadium is and how lousy the Upper deck fans had been treated.) About a week and a half ago I received a phone call asking where I would like to be and I said, the endzones are fine since I didnt want a ticket price increase. So he offered me same secton 323 row 7 ( should be the 3rd row in the section) and on the aisle. I said I would take em. He then said half the payment is due April 1st and that was that.

So like many others have stated, it all depends on who you get on the phone.

I really do not like the stadium but I guess my passion for watching the games live and in person outweighs the negative of the staium for me. So those are my new seats for this year, Section 323 row 7 on the aisle.

17. 17a_tailgater

section 347 row 10 seats 1,2 & 3
    section 346 row 22 seats 1 & 2
    section 321 row 18
    section 343 row 22
    section 348 row 26
    section 342 row 16 seats 5,6,7&8
    section 335 row 9 seats 1,2,3,&4
    section 341 row 16
    section 303 row 8
    Section 342 row 20
    section 341 row 22 seats 27 & 28 aisle
    section 319 row 10 seats 11,10&9
    section 319 row 11 seats 11,10&9
    section 323 row 21
    if anyone happens to snag these seats please notify us

18. MadBacker Prime

ROJF must be nutting in his pants right now.

19. 17a_tailgater

at least he cant spy on he and hater anymore.

20. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

I see he has taken up residence over at JI under an assumed name.