17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. IATA

IATA Trolls

What the fuck do you need 8 PSLs for if you're a college student? Are you persian?

2. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

8 PSL = a $10,000 ticket invoice right?

3. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I'm afraid the Jets probably have language built in that greatly diminishes your chances of a favorable legal decision should you decide to sue on those grounds.

For one thing, they never said the PSL purchase would be helping them pay for their stadium (although the PSL sales really did just that). The very carefully worded public PSL offering was solely for the right to purchase tickets from them, should there be a season. If there is no season, you'll have the right to purchase tickets from them again when there is a season.

But in no way did the PSL proposal ever get anywhere near "helping to pay" for the stadium or any "ownership" of the stadium per se. Hell, if that had been the case, as it is in Green Bay, I might have bought one. At least you'd have a share of ownership in something. The way these cockamamie things were sold, you own nothing but a "right" (it's much more of an OBLIGATION) to buy tickets year after year and bend over and pull your panties down while you do it.

4. Section 227. Row 5

Add in better parking options this year too. But we correctly predicted all this was going to happen, 17a, and we're reaping rewards now.

The Upper guys were beaten to a pulp last year with multiple deterrants for an Upper purchase and an incentive (a VERY strong one) to buy those difficult-to-move PSLs.

Now that the PSLs sold, they're back to trying to put out the fires they started in the Upper Deck. By the time the dust clears, I wind up in a better row than I had before and the same parking right outside my seat exit that I had before too. And more bathrooms coming and who knows what else? Maybe they'll add some one-shot escalators like we had at Giants Stadium, where you get on and take the one-way ride all the way down to the parking level. That wouldn't surprise me as the next upgrade, given how congested, dangerous and fucked up the turnarounds are with the current escalator system.

5. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

Yea 10500 and 2 parking passes.

To IATA, I had 4 and then found out I could get 4 in row 7 on the isle, They wouldnt let me just transfer and I had to buy them. I looked at it as I was going to pay 20k for 4 seats and they reduced the price so I could buy 8. I did well last year selling every game for over 200 except the bengals and bills but still came out on top by like 2000 and went to alot of the games.

I have a big family and everyone likes to go so its fun going with family and friends 8 people.

I was thinking about selling 4 this year but because of the schedule and who we play I was just going to keep them and sell them whatever but now with no NFL this year im debating what to do.

I also thought that if I didnt buy the psl last year that I would never have a chance to get Season tickets. Turns out that was wrong and could have waited it out.

6. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

There will be a season. Mark it down.

7. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

It's even worse when you are renewing tickets for two sports that will be facing a lockout. It sucks having money tied up in limbo, but at the end of the day if there isn't a season we all will get our money back so it's not that bad.

8. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

It's just another thing we deal with as STH. no biggie.

9. Section 227. Row 5

This will always be the case as long as the sun is shining (I mean this figuratively)... as in winning seasons with lots of hope on the table such as we have right now.

But resales get ridiculously and unimaginably difficult when you start getting into 5-11 seasons and the like. You might want to take that into consideration when you weigh your options to bail or not to bail on 4 of the 8.

Just talking from experience, man. I've got 36 years of doing this under my belt. Friends and relatives disappear when the season is lost. Lose 8 games by week 12 and all of a sudden the people who said they would go to the next game mysteriously and suddenly contract every virus known to man on game day.

10. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

What other team you got?? I heard Knicks are going up 40-50% next year since they now have melo.

That will suck!!

11. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

I have Nets season tickets as well. Yea the Knicks tickets are going up, the Nets still stink so they are going down for me even though they picked up D-Will lol. Just waiting for them to move to BK.

12. Section 227. Row 5

Mello out, both of you!

13. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

the knicks going up like they are is a complete sham too. i hear they are redoing msg again and that is why they are going up. that scumbag dolan should be forced to give every person who purchased season tickets the last 10 years free tickets for the rest of their lives.

he needs to sell that team and keep his coke head kid locked in the basement.

14. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

This post has been ahead of the curve since day 1. I have better seats, pay less for parking and hopefully more urinals and closer bathroom. I don't think they can add or reconfigure the escalators, we are stuck with it. At least we have the stairs to exit, that was a godsend.
    So Nostradamus, what's gonna happen next? UD'ers are going to buy PSL's on the secondary market for 1/2 the original price?
    UD'ers are going to leave in droves if the Jets take a step back this year which would guarentee no increase in tickets for another year?
    Jets will give us free parking for the pre-season or a voucher for free food/soda to keep us for another year?
    Jets will offer us PSL's with 0% financing for 10 years to compete with secondary market?

#11634 sec314, Mar 14, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2011
  15. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

227 - The stadium's upper tier is so fucking high that a direct escalator would need to begin in the middle of the parking lot to get that high with the proper slope.

Ain't ever happening.

I'm hoping they can add elevator service as Yankee Stadium and Citi Field each have. No excuse this place does not also have them.

16. Section 227. Row 5

Don't rule out adding extra escalators to the exterior of the building. It's quite doable. They recognized safety concerns from day one with the current escalators, otherwise they wouldn't have had the narrow turnarounds blocked off, making people go out into the main concourse and cut through vendor lines to get to the next leg. They know this is a design flaw from the git=go, and it is fixable. They could just laminate some one-shot escalators to the exterior.

I don't know about some of the things you mention above, but I do see them not raising prices in the Upper Deck anytime soon. And I see them honoring the Yellow Waitlist people because they are now on a mission to satisfy (finally) as many UDers as they can to keep at least SOME of the UD filled. It's a matter of economics now.

As far as free parking, they've already taken a major step by reducing the Orange from $25 to $15. That alone tells you how badly they are trying to retain UD people now. Slowly but surely they are going to provide relief to the UDers while continuing to tighten the screws on the PSL people. It's inevitable... just a question of how badly they want to do it. And they'll do it because they CAN do it. PSL holders can't walk. They'll beat their brains in and the PSL holders will either keep on paying or sell their PSLs on the secondary market. Those are the only two choices for them.

And, BTW, that will not bode well for resale prices. It's like real estate... if you raise the taxes high enough in any one town, it lowers the selling prices of those houses. Buying a PSL was a huge mistake for many I'm afraid, but that's not new news to anyone who's been in this thread since the beginning..

17. Section 227. Row 5

Yeah, but run it sideways with just an overhang covering it. Hell, they added on to Giants Stadium back in 1996 or so... added a huge addition to the outside of the building for more club room and did it all within a year or so.

18. asbcheeks

asbcheeks Member

That's my plan. After the first sub-.500 season there will be deals to be had. Until then I'll just upgrade my TV every couple of years and scalp the games I want to go to (or even better, buy single games off Ticketmaster like last season).

19. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

2014 after the super bowl is held and the 5year plan psl ers are paid up, i feel there will be a wave of people dumping their seats.

and until that super bowl the jets will continue to make upgrades for the upper deckers so that they can eliminate any glitches up there.

20. rjmkrm

rjmkrm Member

Thanks to 17a and everyone else for providing their comments on this thread. Because of my persistance based on everyone's advice I just got moved from my crappy seats in Section 320 row 18 over to Section 316 row 10 - six seats. Again - Thanks to all!!!