17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

i havent paid yet and i had my seats relocated 3 weeks ago

2. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I paid mine, just one less bill to worry about.

I'm confident there will be a season and if not I get my money back. It was just sitting in my checking account anyway waiting for the invoice.

My near 3 grand wouldn't be gaining me a ton of interest either.

3. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Well now, this is interesting. Maybe there is a pattern here.

(1) 17a was the first to call and got relocated WITHOUT PAYING.

(2) I read his post ("relocation has begun")that same morning and called immediately. Spoke to the girl and told her I'm not renewing unless I get relocated. She calls back and relocates me, but then tells me I HAVE TO PAY, so I do. So now, they were relocating, but decided to clamp down on the payment if you are being relocated.

(3) Several others call within a few days of this and are offered relocation to slightly better seats (no one was offered Primes that I know of) and THEY ALSO HAD TO PAY after being relocated.

(4) Now people are calling for a relocation and being told YOU HAVE TO PAY UP FRONT and then you might be relocated. Everything has shifted away from the easy relocation policy that 17a and myself encountered and it's gotten progressively obnoxious again. This is probably because the calls increased dramatically and the first guys started getting the good relocations, but now they've decided to clamp down again.

This is a return to the same inconsistency we've had from the beginning. I guess someone in the ticket office realized they're giving away all the good Uppers to the relocations and are going to be stuck but good with Rows 16-24, so they put the brakes on it again but good. They're really in a state of panic over all this. Damned if they do and damned if they don't. If they don't give relocation, people are bailing. If they relocate, they know they'll be stuck with 1/3 of the Upper Deck being unsold on gameday.

4. baamf

baamf Active Member

Been busy lately and haven't been able to share my experience. When I originally saw 227s relocation post I also immediately called and was told I'm on the relocation list but no one was currently being upgraded. I called BS on it and said I was done if they didn't offer me a significant upgrade. I was told they would call me back when the process begins. I had resigned to the fact that I wasn't going to renew after over 20 years, no big deal.

Last Monday I got a call and lo and behold they offered me either UD Prime (335, row 2) or UD Sideline (340, row 7). Thought about it a while and decided to give it another year and opted for the section 340 row 7 seats (sorry "sect314", we're neighbors again :grin:). There was no forced payment with my transaction and in fact I haven't paid yet either, although the move is reflected in my online statement. This new section is a bit further from my tailgating spot but I'll give it a try.

Bottom line, echoing what 227 said, it is very inconsistent. But if you want an upgrade in the UD there are plenty of seats available...

5. Section 227. Row 5

Good job, Baamf.

340 Row 7 is a great seat and close to the 50, plus you're not paying $125 per seat. Good job. Glad somebody else got a decent upgrade.

6. 17a_tailgater

lockout.....now i will call and ask them why i should pay them...

7. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

I paid em. There will be a season.
    Interest is shit right now. WTF do I care?

8. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

So now PSL owners have paid for the right to purchase seats to what exactly since there is not an NFL season?

No hate PSL owners, just want to turn the screws a bit.

Anyway, the Jets already have a small portion of my season ticket money.

9. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

The more the merry, great job Baamf, section 340 is gonna rock. You are the 3rd person that's been relocated to 340. What happend in 340 for these seats to open up? Is this where Champ or Firstrow sits? Seriously, are there sits like this open in other sections and they started with 340 or its just coincidence? I was gonna say " Only the Jets know" but they don't know shit!!!

#11609 sec314, Mar 12, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2011
  10. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I don't know if we will ever understand how they do these seat selections/ relocations. When I spoke to the nice lady on Tuesday (March 8th) she offered me lower row my section ( 342 ) then she offered me sec 340 but she said the row was " higher than the current row that I sat in ( row 20 ) we never went past that as I told her not interested in renewing---but I see that some guys were offered sec 340 rows 5-7 in that same section :up:
    One last tidbit--in my conversation I told the nice lady " I think it is sad that you held back on better seats (talking about last year) and I don't think you will tell me that you held back seats,,but WE BOTH KNOW THAT YOU DID HOLD BACK SEATS"

She did not give me an arguement in fact I believe there was silience when I said that---she also said that "there are people who are happy with the process and she was sorry that I was unhappy with the way the process went "
    As I said just passing along some info---------see you guys at a couple of games this year--------and I will give Mickey n Minnie gang greens regards :rofl:

11. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

You must have forgotten that I rent out my seats so I have not yet even set foot inside the NMS. I watched the games via DTV Sunday tix on my couch in my living room with a fire crackling in my fireplace when the weather cools off. :jets:

12. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

this is part of the problem, many if not most people have no issue with the process. they are also typically deaf, dumb and blind when it comes to things going on around them. they dont care to put energy or thought into things and they are the ones the jets and others like them count on.

13. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Alleycat you are correct---although I think more people are informed now,
    2 years ago (the last in the old place ) they did not announce that they were relocating but it was being done. Unless you read this board or knew someone who had called---you did not know :shit:

I moved from 333 down to 107 that final year--and no one from the Jets notified me---my cousin had called for tickets and he told me ,otherwise I would have stayed upstairs on the 20 that final year. To add the more things change the more THE JETS stay the same---I was offered many sections and rows that final year--I took 107 and I took covered seats---my cousin was offered 40 yardline downstairs ----he never ever had season tix----> but as per the Jets was offered better location than me----when I called the Jets on that they told me I was wrong / misinformed/ that I possibly misunderstood what he was offered.--------------ahhhhh to be ONE AND DONE!

14. Section 227. Row 5

Hahahaha... yeah, all 129 of them. Hilarious! These newbie reps are dilusional.

15. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

They have to believe in order to pull it off.

16. Section 227. Row 5

We all know they pull it off, but I was talking about their business acumen.

17. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

I wonder if there is a way to get money back legal or something since we are paying for the PSL and for the life of the stadium but no games are being played.

18. 17a_tailgater

No ticket increases for uppers just relocation for better seating.keep raising those psl dry like jerseyboy.you can suck him dry

19. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Thanks for your support Jerseyboy.

20. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

College student with 8 PSL not looking so hot if they keep bending me over. I was going to see how this year went and then think about unloading them all the year after pending a schedule and how it all worked out but now with no NFL im kinda pissed I have to pay for something that im not even going to. Its not like I can just go sit in my seat for shits and giggles but maybe I will use that in a legal aspect saying I should have the right to sit in my seat for 30 hours out of the year. That would be funny. someone will sue its only a matter of time and if 1 person wins then they will all follow.